Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 504846 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1700 on: December 15, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »
Another World is 50% off (3.99)  right now and is by most accounts a pretty decent game, and the only good thing on sale on the eShop right now.

Not the only good thing.  Armillo has decent reivews is an aggressive sale price... and I definitely wouldn't call it worse than Another World despite some flaws.

That said, I'd also suggest that watching a Let's Play video of Another World is much better than playing the game yourself - and that's coming from someone who thinks that Let's Play videos are a needless waste of time.  The game has interesting ideas that were ahead of it's time, but suffers from obtuse puzzles, constant death, and (in my opinion) just not being as much fun to play as it is to watch.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 16, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »
From what I can tell, I already have Another World on SNES as "Out of This World." Even if this newer version is better, I'm still not interested.

There are still a couple of weeks left for December, so I'll wait and see if anything else goes on sale in that time, and use KDL 3 as a last resort.

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 20, 2014, 01:21:23 AM »
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I had no idea Nintendo’s online store sold “refurbished” games along with their controllers and systems. Has anyone bought them before? Are they scratched discs that they've repaired? Damaged packaging? They have 8 Wii games for sale.

I wanted another pair of refurb wiimotes and nunchucks and also snagged a copy of NPC Pikmin 1!

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?p=1&categoryId=cat490409&pageSize=6

They also had the larger Wii U Game Pad battery in stock earlier, but I don't see it on the site any more.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 20, 2014, 01:39:13 AM »
Knowing Nintendo I'd expect anything "refurbished" they sell is in impeccable condition.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 20, 2014, 12:35:38 PM »
The best Wii U games of 2014 as selected by Club Nintendo members.

DK Tropical Freeze
NES Remix 2
Child of Light
Mario Kart 8
Shovel Knight
Guacamelee!
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 20, 2014, 12:59:07 PM »
"The Only Wii U Games of 2014."
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 20, 2014, 04:40:33 PM »
No love for Pushmo World :(

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 23, 2014, 04:12:53 PM »
Three nice new physical prizes added to Club Nintendo: one t-shirt, and two 3DS game cases.

I'm just a little bit short of the game case, which is too bad because I love the Bullet Bill cover art.  But realistically I have more 3DS cases than I need already.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 08:16:30 PM by ejamer »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1708 on: December 23, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »
Do the shirts not come in many sizes, or do they just sell out that quickly?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 27, 2014, 11:35:22 PM »
I ordered both cases.

Would have gotten the shirt but too late for my size :/
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: January 02, 2015, 07:10:36 PM »
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I had no idea Nintendo’s online store sold “refurbished” games along with their controllers and systems. Has anyone bought them before?
They have sold refurb systems and controllers for at least a year now, maybe longer, but the games are new-ish, maybe started a month or two ago. I bought a refurb Wiimote and Nunchuk when they were on sale, and it was in almost new condition. There were a couple of light scuffs from wear, but, they were clean and the buttons and such all felt like new.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 20, 2015, 03:34:34 AM »
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150120005357/en/Nintendo-Prepares-Discontinue-Club-Nintendo-Rewards-Program#.VL4QHUfF-QB

Looks like ours is getting the ax. To be expected when the Japan one was winding all the way down.

“We thank all Club Nintendo members for their dedication to Nintendo games and their ongoing love for our systems and characters,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “We want to make this time of transition as easy as possible for our loyal Club Nintendo members, so we are going to add dozens of new rewards and downloadable games to help members clear out their Coin balances.”

Nintendo will add a number of physical reward options for members in February. Members will also be able to choose from a lineup of many downloadable games. As a gift to Club Nintendo members, the Flipnote Studio 3D software will be available to download for free in February. This software will allow users to create unique three-dimensional animations and to exchange their creations via local wireless with others who also own Flipnote Studio 3D. Users who uploaded creations to Flipnote Hatena will be able to download their personal animations from the Nintendo DSi Library menu in Flipnote Studio 3D software. Flipnote Studio 3D will be available to Club Nintendo members until June 30. The ability to create a new Club Nintendo account will end on March 31. All users who register to Club Nintendo before registration closes will be eligible to receive Flipnote Studio 3D.

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule
1/20/2015  Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo

3/31/2015  Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership

6/30/2015  Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:37:13 AM by Enner »

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 20, 2015, 08:12:15 AM »
I expect this service to go out with a whimper rather than a bang, no matter how Scott tries to spin it. I'm honestly not even sure what they could do to consider it a bang, at this point.

EDIT: Aaaand the rewards suck for this month. I mean, free Super Metroid is nice, but I own almost all of those games except Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Punch Out, neither of which is appealing to me.

Gosh, I hope February is better.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:25:25 AM by Evan_B »
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1713 on: January 20, 2015, 08:15:26 AM »
Gold Nunchucks for all?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 20, 2015, 08:31:49 AM »
I have no faith in NOA offering anything good for the end of Club Nintendo. Which is fitting in a way. I mean, Super Metroid and Super Punch Out are the Wii versions, so you still have to pay the $1.50 on the eShop to upgrade them to the Wii U version.

Gold Nunchucks for all?

After I finish registering all the games I was saving up for the next Club Nintendo year I should have just enough for a gold Nunchuck.

PS: Super Mario Galaxy 2 will give you 20 coins if for some reason you're in dire need of coins.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:34:10 AM by Soren »

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 20, 2015, 08:45:42 AM »
Count me in as another who thinks Club Nintendo will go out quietly instead of making a splash. But who knows?

If there are any decent physical rewards, my guess is that they will be sold out very quickly. So anyone hoarding coins had best keep a close eye on the Club Nintendo site in February.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 20, 2015, 08:47:48 AM »
Now is a good time to also point out that if you've been hoarding Wii and DS codes, not every game will get you points. Check the list first

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

EDIT: Also, remember that certain 3rd party eShop releases also get you points. The LEGO Movie game for example is only $20 right now but will net you a full 50 coins.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:54:44 AM by Soren »

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 20, 2015, 10:17:34 AM »
I only have about 340 coins, so best case scenario is that they offer some new & interesting eshop games I can pick-up on.
My pessimistic view is that they'll basically offer the same slate of games they have through the program all at once.  I'm sure I'll be able to find something to burn my coins on either way.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 20, 2015, 10:48:55 AM »
Hm.  In all this news, no one has mentioned that Nintendo stealth-announced this year's elite gifts.  Sorta.

Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 20, 2015, 10:55:16 AM »
You'll get the chance to download Game and Wario for a second time!

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 20, 2015, 11:03:53 AM »
Hm.  In all this news, no one has mentioned that Nintendo stealth-announced this year's elite gifts.  Sorta.

Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

Probably because the only surprising part in that stealth announcement are the dates - April seems early, isn't it?  Of course that makes sense in this particular scenario.  Here's hoping that Wii Sports Club is offered, or... um... Pushmo World?  Yeah, not getting my hopes up.

More interesting to me is that nobody is talking about FilpNote finally coming to 3DS in North America/Europe.  That's pretty exciting news, even if it sounds like the release will be gimped (limited or no online) in the regions.  I had written off that software entirely a year or two ago, so am thrilled it will actually be coming out.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:05:36 AM by ejamer »

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 20, 2015, 11:53:53 AM »
Ha ha ha. It's my fault. I finally signed up for Club Nintendo last week to get the Smash Bros. CD. 1 week later and the program is dead.

You're welcome.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 20, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »
Thanks a lot Khush, you ruin everything!

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 20, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »
Thanks a lot Khush, you ruin everything!

Aw geez....

But what about that... or.. but, there was.. hmmm, I, eh, it, it's... I mean, still... there was... it's like....

Aw geez....

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 20, 2015, 02:01:00 PM »
Shortly after he posted that kitten photo, the cat died of Cat-AIDS.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.