Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 503732 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1500 on: December 17, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
Nintendo announced on Facebook that the 3DS game case is back:
https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/24002.do

Damn it! I just saw that link and clicked it, and I get the "this item is not available" error. Hopefully this is just yet another Club Nintendo technical error and not more scalpers buying them up a minute later.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 03:48:37 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1501 on: December 17, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
I think it was an error, because the link works for me and is shown as available.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 17, 2012, 04:01:30 PM »
I think it was an error, because the link works for me and is shown as available.

Well, I just get
"This item is not currently available.
Sorry!"
I missed out on this item the last time it was offered because I didn't have a 3DS at the time, so I'd like to get it now...
 :@

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 17, 2012, 04:02:26 PM »
Says not available for me, and i was about to order it too :S

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 17, 2012, 04:49:25 PM »
/ClubNintendoBlueBalls

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 17, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »
Apparently the 3DS cartridge case is only going to be back in stock on the 19th.  Well worth it if you've got the coins available - makes me wish I had save some coins so that I could grab an extra.

Worth noting that Nintendo has also added a handful of excellent games to download.  Metroid 2, Mario Party 2, and 3D Classics Twinbee are all worth playing.  150 coins per game if you are interested.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1506 on: December 17, 2012, 08:56:48 PM »
Coming back on the 19th?

shutupandtakemycoins.jpg
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 17, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
Apparently the 3DS cartridge case is only going to be back in stock on the 19th.  Well worth it if you've got the coins available - makes me wish I had save some coins so that I could grab an extra.

Worth noting that Nintendo has also added a handful of excellent games to download.  Metroid 2, Mario Party 2, and 3D Classics Twinbee are all worth playing.  150 coins per game if you are interested.

From what I've played of Metroid 2 and Mario Party 2, I think the phrase "all worth playing" is stretching things just a tad.  Come Wednesday, though, that 3DS cartridge case will be mine.  :cool;   It's the rare occasion when Nintendo puts something up on Club Nintendo that people actually want to have.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 17, 2012, 09:22:29 PM »
Mario Party 2 is fantastic. We busted out the VC version recently and had a great 4-player game that was a lot of fun. If you think you'll have the opportunity to play it with enough people, it's a steal at that price.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 17, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »
Mario Party 2 is fantastic. We busted out the VC version recently and had a great 4-player game that was a lot of fun. If you think you'll have the opportunity to play it with enough people, it's a steal at that price.

Unfortunately, I haven't had anyone around reliably to play such games since the N64 days.  Besides, my strongest memory of the Mario Party series (outside how dull those games are in SP) is that those games destroy controllers, and those are pretty expensive these days to replace so I think I'll pass.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 17, 2012, 09:53:49 PM »
Only the first one destroyed controllers, and Nintendo wisely decided not to release that one on the Virtual Console.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1511 on: December 17, 2012, 11:03:24 PM »
It destroyed hands too; I don't think a VC purchase would include lawsuit-mandated gloves (though newer rubbery controllers wouldn't be as bad).
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 18, 2012, 09:25:29 AM »
From what I've played of Metroid 2 and Mario Party 2, I think the phrase "all worth playing" is stretching things just a tad

I stand by my statement. Not necessarily all worth owning... and I personally have no interest in buying 2 out of the 3 games. But all worth playing at least once - preferably at your friend's place.
 ;)
NNID: ejamer

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 18, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
As a Metroid superfan, I loooooove Metroid 2. But yeah it's not the most refined/accessible/best entry in the series.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 19, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
I just ordered the 3DS game case dealie. I'm licking my lips in anticipation for my free prize.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: December 19, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »
I just ordered mine as well.

EDIT: Hmm...Club Nintendo's being weird. They deducted my 250 coins, but in my Account they have my order listed as "Order Problem". I got a confirmation number and everything, so I should be getting one.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:22:30 PM by broodwars »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: December 19, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
The same thing happened to me. I also got a confirmation email. I will dragon punch a unicorn if something goes wrong and I don't get that 3DS game case.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: December 19, 2012, 01:46:11 PM »
It changed to "Preparing order" so that unicorn is safe.................... for now.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: December 19, 2012, 03:01:50 PM »
After seeing the recent news of the 3DS game case becoming available again, I noticed that I now have over 20 games between my DS & 3DS collection.

Went ahead and redeemed two of the cases while they're still available.  I was interested in the gold nunchuck, but a practical reward like this makes much more sense than being obsessive about having a matching colored nunchuck for my gold Wii Remote.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 20, 2012, 06:41:38 PM »
Only the first one destroyed controllers, and Nintendo wisely decided not to release that one on the Virtual Console.
It really only destroyed analogue sticks from the stick-spinning minigames, and the only reason it did that is because of the design of the N64 sticks. The game wouldn't destroy modern analogue sticks.

That said, the game has aged poorly anyway, and wouldn't be worth playing even though it wouldn't destroy controllers. Many of Mario Party 2's minigames are already improved versions of the original to begin with, and it does not have any stick-spinning games.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 20, 2012, 06:47:40 PM »
While you guys are off buying game cases, I spent my "hard-earned" coins on Twinbee. Looking forward to giving it a go. Almost got Mario Party 2 as well, but I could probably dig up Mario Party 9 or Wii Party for fairly cheap the next time I want to try a party game.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 20, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »
You can't go wrong with Mario Party 9, not all the changes are for the better but it's still an enjoyable and fresh Mario Party game. I feel that the series got better with most of the new entries, and so I don't think Mario Party 2 is worth getting over MP9 or MP8, if you haven't played them yet. MP8 is still my fave.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 21, 2012, 10:56:27 PM »
It really only destroyed analogue sticks from the stick-spinning minigames, and the only reason it did that is because of the design of the N64 sticks. The game wouldn't destroy modern analogue sticks.
Unfortunately hands haven't evolved as well as analogue sticks and I'm guessing the game would still tear up the palms of players pretty good.  Gotta admit, those are some good memories of playing that game, though.  Painful, but good.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 22, 2012, 04:33:54 AM »
I loved the 'alternative' ways Nintendo told gamers to play MP1 to avoid getting palm-burn. Grabbing the stick with your thumb and finger and spinning it that way? No thanks!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 04, 2013, 07:31:23 PM »
Sooooo the gold nunchuck listing has disappeared from the rewards listing page. Not even on the "currently unavailable column. What gives?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV