Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 503533 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1400 on: August 10, 2012, 08:20:18 AM »
You are now all allowed to hate my guts.

Whomever hates you has to be one twisted fella.

Hate? No

Jealousy?  Hell yes.

I had been sad, hoping they would offer the gold nunchuck as a limited edition offer at Gamestop or something, and then this happens!

...I only have like...300 points  :'(

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1401 on: August 10, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »
BTW, I think that we should get Club Nintendo points for subscribing to Nintendo Power...

If Nintendo still ran NP, I'd bet we would.

As it is, I'll pass the idea on to an editor that follows me on the Twitters and see if that gets us anywhere.
Man, the Super Power Catalog had far better stuff than Club Nintendo has ever had.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 10, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »
BTW, I think that we should get Club Nintendo points for subscribing to Nintendo Power...

As it is, I'll pass the idea on to an editor that follows me on the Twitters and see if that gets us anywhere.
Man, the Super Power Catalog had far better stuff than Club Nintendo has ever had.

Oh geez, that brings back wonderful memories. We bought all the different colored yoshis...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1403 on: August 10, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »

GOD yes. I got a lot of stuff from that catalogue back in the day. Where IS all that stuff? It's in a warehouse somewhere. Sell it on Club Nintendo!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 10, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »

GOD yes. I got a lot of stuff from that catalogue back in the day. Where IS all that stuff? It's in a warehouse somewhere. Sell it on Club Nintendo!

NO! Don't sell it for coins! Sell it for MONEY!!!!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 13, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »
Must... enter... more surveys... get enough coins for a... second golden nunchuk!!!!

Edit: I registered Pokepark Wii and XenoBlade. That put me over the top and I ordered TWO of these babies. You are now all allowed to hate my guts.
How much do you want for the second one? :P

I... I... if you think about each Club Nintendo coin as the equivalent of 1 dollar spending, I spent $900 for that golden nunchuk... @_@ I'm having a hard time thinking of a good reason for me to part with it, sorry...
Wait...wait...wait...seriously?  Would you please explain how you think one Nintendo coin is worth $1?  Any reward program usually equates to about 1 penny for each point.  So really, you spent $9 on the thing which is a steal.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 13, 2012, 12:53:11 PM »
Must... enter... more surveys... get enough coins for a... second golden nunchuk!!!!

Edit: I registered Pokepark Wii and XenoBlade. That put me over the top and I ordered TWO of these babies. You are now all allowed to hate my guts.
How much do you want for the second one? :P:

I... I... if you think about each Club Nintendo coin as the equivalent of 1 dollar spending, I spent $900 for that golden nunchuk... @_@ I'm having a hard time thinking of a good reason for me to part with it, sorry...
Wait...wait...wait...seriously?  Would you please explain how you think one Nintendo coin is worth $1?  Any reward program usually equates to about 1 penny for each point.  So really, you spent $9 on the thing which is a steal.

What reward programs are you in?  Protip: programs that give you a point per penny aren't selling cool stuff at 900 points.

Club Nintendo points are somewhere in the middle.  You can definitely get better rates than a dollar per point, but the opportunity for points is limited by the number of games released and pricing isn't consistent.

There is no way you'll be grabbing one of these nunchucks for $9 without moderate effort (searching for deals and then reselling) or tremendous luck (someone selling stupid low after the fact).  The normal nunchuck still goes for considerably more than that price, and isn't a limited item.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 13, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »

How much do you want for the second one? :P:

What reward programs are you in?  Protip: programs that give you a point per penny aren't selling cool stuff at 900 points.

Club Nintendo points are somewhere in the middle.  You can definitely get better rates than a dollar per point, but the opportunity for points is limited by the number of games released and pricing isn't consistent.

There is no way you'll be grabbing one of these nunchucks for $9 without moderate effort (searching for deals and then reselling) or tremendous luck (someone selling stupid low after the fact).  The normal nunchuck still goes for considerably more than that price, and isn't a limited item.
Never said I'd find it for $9.  I was just stating that the basic point to currency ratio for most rewards systems is about 1 cent per point.  You usually get 1 point per dollar spent and most rewards come out to 1 penny per point (ie a $50 gift card for some place usually costs around 5000 points).  I don't know how Nintendo values their points, though a digital game reward where the game sells for around $5 and you only spend 150 points.  By Kairon's logic, he'd be spending $150 for a $5 game. It does not add up.

To guess the value of the gold nunchuck, I'd say it'll sell on ebay for anywhere from $20 to $50 depending on how much the people bidding want it and whether Nintendo is still offering it as a reward or not.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 13, 2012, 03:32:42 PM »

Your math is still all over the place. Club Nintendo coins don't have the same value as other programs - you admit so directly - so trying to make that comparison is pointless. Club Nintendo tries to give roughly 1 coin per dollar spent when registering new games, although surveys and special offers and sale pricing all affect that ratio.

My complaint is where you state that Kairon "spent $9 on the thing" which is obviously not true on multiple levels.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 13, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
You usually get 1 point per dollar spent

That's what I meant. It's not that my 900 points were worth $900, but I had to spend $900 to get them in the first place. It's hard for me to look at that number and contemplate disposing of my "reward" because it's gonna take ages for me to build up another 900 points, regardless of what those points are worth monetarily to Nintendo.

But that's just me personally, and as you can see on EBay, other people have no such problem putting this 900 point reward up for sale.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: August 13, 2012, 05:35:16 PM »
You usually get 1 point per dollar spent

That's what I meant. It's not that my 900 points were worth $900, but I had to spend $900 to get them in the first place. It's hard for me to look at that number and contemplate disposing of my "reward" because it's gonna take ages for me to build up another 900 points, regardless of what those points are worth monetarily to Nintendo.

But that's just me personally, and as you can see on EBay, other people have no such problem putting this 900 point reward up for sale.
I know, I wasn't expecting you to sell it, hence the smiley. :)

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 13, 2012, 06:01:53 PM »

Your math is still all over the place. Club Nintendo coins don't have the same value as other programs - you admit so directly - so trying to make that comparison is pointless. Club Nintendo tries to give roughly 1 coin per dollar spent when registering new games, although surveys and special offers and sale pricing all affect that ratio.

My complaint is where you state that Kairon "spent $9 on the thing" which is obviously not true on multiple levels.
How is my math flawed? I stated mine was based on 1 cent per coin.  With 900 coins, that is $9.  Where is that flawed?

You state I admit that Club Nintendo coins are possibly worth more than other reward programs' points.  So I already answered your complaint.  Why are you bringing it up again?

I also misunderstood his meaning.  He was talking about money he spent on the games to get the points, not on the worth of the points in relation to the item he was acquiring.

It's all moot anyways.  Coins are really worth nothing.  Nintendo can take them away whenever they want, hence why I was forced to use my coins last year due to them expiring.  I'd probably have enough for the nunchuk otherwise.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 13, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »
Gah... This thread got me browsing EBay again... I tell you, I must have some genetic predisposition to shopping addiction because it's hard to resist the urge to grab a THIRD golden nunchuk even at $75!

... no. NO. I have to save. Save up... for the Wii U.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 13, 2012, 06:13:35 PM »
Gah... This thread got me browsing EBay again... I tell you, I must have some genetic predisposition to shopping addiction because it's hard to resist the urge to grab a THIRD golden nunchuk even at $75!

... no. NO. I have to save. Save up... for the Wii U.
Hey, to you they are worth $900 so $75 is a super steal. :P

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 13, 2012, 06:14:01 PM »
If you're paying $1/ point, you're doing it wrong. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 13, 2012, 06:23:28 PM »
If you're paying $1/ point, you're doing it wrong. :D
I agree.  I got 3-4 games that gave me 40-50 points each for only $5 each.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1416 on: August 13, 2012, 06:43:37 PM »
And New Super Mario Bros. 2 can get you 110-120 coins for $40 (assuming you "Intend to Buy" it and do the survey). In general though, it's $1 per coin.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1417 on: August 18, 2012, 01:11:09 AM »
It would appear that you don't get Club Nintendo points for buying games on sale. I bought SML2 when it was on sale and it didn't show up in my Club Nintendo queue. Odd...
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 18, 2012, 09:23:58 AM »
It would appear that you don't get Club Nintendo points for buying games on sale. I bought SML2 when it was on sale and it didn't show up in my Club Nintendo queue. Odd...

That can't be right. I'm pretty sure I got Club Nintendo points when I bought VVVVVV on sale a month or so ago.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1419 on: August 18, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »
Virtual Console gets only post-plays a week later.

eShop original titles (like V*6) get a survey at time of, and a post-play a week later.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1420 on: August 28, 2012, 03:38:21 AM »
With the hanafuda cards gone I ordered the shoelace set because I secretly wanted them after a coworker showed up with SMB socks from the Nintendo World Store. They are standard length and should fit nicely on any shoe with even holes. I laced the yellow set on my Doc Martins because they originally came with yellow laces( (they are burgundy red). They look great, I can post pics if anyone wants. The laces have a very smooth and silky feel. I'll talk about them more when it comes time to wash them.

For my Platinum Prize I decided to go with Metroid II because I wasx very disappointed with everything else available and I have great memories of MII because I played it when came out and I even own a Game Boy and a Metroid II  cart. I used to blow batteries on just listening to the music alone. It took me two years to beat and I can't even really get into how I played it without ever owning Metroid on the NES and basically having no experience with the series at all. I love it.

I was disappointed with the Gold Nunchuck in that well, I have a bunch of them already- white, not gold ones, but what's the difference really? Yes I have the Gold Wii Remote, but I've long beaten Skyward Sword and the novelty has worn off. They should have released this much sooner and I felt it was too late to grab my interest.

Edit:
I also spontaneously downloaded New Super Mario Bros 2 and scored 100 coins.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:42:38 AM by TheFleece »
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 28, 2012, 04:10:43 AM »
With the hanafuda cards gone

T-T I pray Nintendo brings those back so I can buy them. It's funny how you don't know you want things until they're gone...

I laced the yellow set on my Doc Martins because they originally came with yellow laces( (they are burgundy red). They look great, I can post pics if anyone wants.

Yes. Pics! PLEASE!

Urgh! I know it's tempting but isn't this us letting Nintendo win? I mean, I love them and all but... think how much more of our money they'll take if they start pushing hard for impulse purchases like these of games we may or may not want! I have cats to feed!

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 28, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »

Urgh! I know it's tempting but isn't this us letting Nintendo win? I mean, I love them and all but... think how much more of our money they'll take if they start pushing hard for impulse purchases like these of games we may or may not want! I have cats to feed!

You know you want to do this.  That's pretty amazing that they give you 100 coins for the dl version.  I'm guessing you get the standard amount for the retail version then?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: September 03, 2012, 03:53:30 PM »
Anyone interested in a Metroid Prime Trilogy code?

XRM-3AVT-HU8F-WSX

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1424 on: September 03, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »
I don't understand. The full game for download?!