Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 504851 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1350 on: June 27, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »
I'm excited that the Club Nintendo year ends Saturday/starts Sunday.  This means I get the day off to make sure I hit platinum Day 1 again. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 27, 2012, 03:51:03 PM »
If not Startos, then is anyone out there just like 30-40 coins away from Platinum and want to see if my spare 3DS game codes for Pilot Wings Resort, Steel Diver, or Mario 3D Land, or maybe some other games, can help them out?

Thanks for the offer.  I'll let you know.  I'm currently coming in hot into this Saturday's cut-off date with 530 coins for this year.  I think I have enough coming from surveys from all the DS and 3DS games I bought & registered last week, though, that I should just clear the 600 coin milestone.  But just barely, since some of those surveys will appear Saturday morning.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 27, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »
I hope the Platinum is good this year since this will be my first one because I was so turned off by Club Nintendo's first years.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 27, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »
I think the best case scenario for the Platinum reward is either that golden nunchuk other regions got or a real life Non-Specific Action Figure.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 27, 2012, 05:01:50 PM »
I think the best case scenario for the Platinum reward is either that golden nunchuk other regions got or a real life Non-Specific Action Figure.
I don't know if I want to be sent a Man in Tights.  What would my Wife think?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: June 27, 2012, 05:04:20 PM »

I'd still like to have a Mario Galaxy/DKCR/etc. CD Soundtrack (as hopeless as that seems to be, despite the Club Nintendo website saying that was a possible reward) or that SNES Classic Controller that other regions got.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 27, 2012, 05:06:23 PM »

My body is ready.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1357 on: June 27, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »
So in wanting to get my DK '94 back, I somehow managed to go double Platinum this year (1240 coins).

I just wanna see if I can beat UncleBob to Platinum next year. If that involves staying up until 4am local time, so be it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 27, 2012, 09:11:04 PM »
You people are insane.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 27, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »
There's a significant chance that even if I registered nothing up until that point, I could hit platinum for next year entirely with my Wii U launch purchases.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 28, 2012, 11:52:09 AM »
I went through some of the codes I saved on paper and found one that was not entered for a Wii game. So now I will hit it. All that's left is to finish all the bloody surveys to reach the threshold. I entered a bunch today and have 17 more to go.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 28, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »
So in wanting to get my DK '94 back, I somehow managed to go double Platinum this year (1240 coins).

I just wanna see if I can beat UncleBob to Platinum next year. If that involves staying up until 4am local time, so be it.

If it's like last year... it'll suck.

Last year, I stayed up until midnight Pacific time... waiting, waiting... boom.  Site went down "for maintenance."  Waited about half an hour more, then called it a night.  Came up sometime later that day. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 29, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
Thanks to surveys I filled out today for Pushmo and VVVVVV, I just crossed the Finish line at 600 coins to make Platinum status for the 3rd year in a row.  Considering I wasn't even likely to hit Gold a week ago, that was quite a jump during the final stretch.  Hopefully the Platinum reward doesn't suck this year like it did last year...(and watch it do just that)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 29, 2012, 08:02:00 PM »
I've heard guesses that the platinum reward would be an 8-bit Mario cushion. Hopefully not, as I personally have no interest in that item, but since it's a free gift I guess there is no reason to complain regardless of what they send.

(Also, I liked the pin set better than the statue or hat from previous years, but seem to be the only person who feels that way...  oh well.)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 29, 2012, 10:35:39 PM »
I should have done these surveys a long time ago...

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1365 on: June 30, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »
Well, that wasn't as bad as I thought it might turn out, but I lost over a year's worth of automatic platinum status by registering the games were about to lose value.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:54:26 AM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1366 on: June 30, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »
So does that mean you're buying all of the download games next month?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 30, 2012, 11:52:37 PM »
Weird. I can't seem to get any 3DS digital titles into my CN account, so that I can get more coins. The 3DS is linked to my CN account. I reached platinum, so I'm not worried for the moment.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 01, 2012, 06:25:08 AM »
2 new Club Nintendo game rewards for July:

Mario Tennis (Wii Virtual Console - N64) - 150 Coins
*expires July 22nd*

Electroplankton Rec-Rec (3DS) - 100 Coins
*expires July 15th*

Hmm...I'm not usually interested in the Mario Sports games, but I'm kind of tempted to pick up Mario Tennis.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:41:01 AM by broodwars »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 01, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »

*expires July 22nd*

*expires July 15th*

Hmm...I'm not usually interested in the Mario Sports games, but I'm kind of tempted to pick up Mario Tennis.

Both are very tempting.  I've always wanted to try Electroplankton, but not enough to pay real money for the opportunity.  And Mario Tennis is probably worth a shot too for 150 coins. Not like Club Nintendo is bursting with other prizes that I covet right now...
NNID: ejamer

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 01, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »

*expires July 22nd*

*expires July 15th*

I'm surprised by the "early" expiration dates. I hope this means they'll be substituting in new games after those dates.

Yeah, I doubt it too.  :(

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 04, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »
Darn it. I'm already 230 coins towards Platinum just be registering two games and doing a TON of old surveys. And I've got 17 more surveys waiting there for me to do them still. That means I'm about 400 coins IN this year already WITHOUT registering a whole bunch of other games I have, and WITHOUT counting for any games I'm still going to buy this year OR the plethora of coins my Wii U purchases are sure to bring in... I need to figure out a system so I can organize which of my games I'm holding off registering until the next club Nintendo year. My resolution is to no longer push surveys until later. I intend to do surveys the moment they become available from now on.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 04, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »
Darn it. I'm already 230 coins towards Platinum just be registering two games and doing a TON of old surveys. And I've got 17 more surveys waiting there for me to do them still. That means I'm about 400 coins IN this year already WITHOUT registering a whole bunch of other games I have, and WITHOUT counting for any games I'm still going to buy this year OR the plethora of coins my Wii U purchases are sure to bring in... I need to figure out a system so I can organize which of my games I'm holding off registering until the next club Nintendo year. My resolution is to no longer push surveys until later. I intend to do surveys the moment they become available from now on.

Here's what I've started up.

Of course, I've got a bunch of surveys that won't expire for a few years from the old time frame.  I'll do those as they come due - or, use them to fill the gap to allow me Platinum on Day 1, if needed.

Next, I'll register my hardware on the day of purchase.  The extended warranty is worth it.

Finally, I'm going to save any games purchased during the year to register for the next Club Nintendo year (Day 1, of course).  Even if it's more than 600 coins... I'll just register them.  The only exceptions will be:
1) Titles decreasing in coin value - those'll be registered before they lose value
2) Titles with a special bonus for registering them.

Sadly, this means I'm going to lose out on all those ten-coin bonuses for registering the game in the first 4 weeks. :(

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 05, 2012, 02:14:28 PM »
Wow.  I just got off the phone with Nintendo's executive customer service
My Club Nintendo account just got beaten to a pulp
It's not too bad, really... overall, I just lose out on 20 coins and had 2 of my 3 family accounts shut down
If you've done *anything* shadey on your CN account... never call customer service for anything regarding your account.  I don't even feel I've done anything shadey and still got beat up.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 05, 2012, 02:29:27 PM »
*scared*
What counts as shady?