Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 504746 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #950 on: February 11, 2011, 12:26:25 AM »
The only thing I ever bought before is the WiiWare game, Grill Off. Those 80 coins actually might have come out of the 630 I registered in the first Club Nintendo year, but I'm not sure. I haven't been able to figure out if there's a way to check when your coins expire, the site is pretty vague on it. All it says is that coins expire after two full Club Nintendo years, and their years go from July 1st to June 30th (I think), so all coins earned before July, 2009 are going to expire this July.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 11, 2011, 12:27:06 AM »
Mop it up, what do you mean your coins are expiring? You still have coins left from early 2009 that you haven't spent? Maybe I should check mine too. There isn't anything I really want though.

Any coins you haven't spent that you earned when the program first began expire this Summer.  It's a concern for me as well, which if things remain as they are means I'll probably purchase the Hanafuda cards or the Game & Watch by June.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 16, 2011, 11:35:47 PM »
My Game and Watch reward came in today!  Whoo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFYQtAiqW6E
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 18, 2011, 12:46:58 PM »
I got my red pouch. The odd thing is that the description for the pouch's colour was red/grey, but the grey part is definitely gold. At least to me it is. The pouch is damn soft, like sexy soft. The red, and gold combination, along with its softness make it appear like it is a Royal pouch. I am Royalty now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 18, 2011, 01:52:46 PM »
I should get 2 of them, put them on my hands and use them like sex gloves....

Oh Nintendo, bringing the joy of playing games to more than just fun on my TV.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 18, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »
The pouch where you keep your jewels.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 28, 2011, 08:13:47 PM »
First Party 3DS games are now ready for 'intend to buy'. So pilotwings, nintendogs, and steel diver are ready.

I did it for pilotwings which I reserved and steel diver which I might get depending on reviews.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 28, 2011, 09:12:16 PM »
Is the 3DS itself up for Intend to Buy?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #958 on: February 28, 2011, 09:14:47 PM »
No, just the 5 3DS games Nintendo will have at launch.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 28, 2011, 10:19:57 PM »
No, just the 5 3DS games Nintendo will have at launch. (Nintendogs + Cats different breads count as 3 different games)

Fixed it for you , so people won't be confused

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #960 on: February 28, 2011, 10:23:06 PM »
True, I was just going by that they are officially different games (although the only difference is which dogs you start out with, at least the Pokemon games have actual differences).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 07, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »
I know I've asked this before, but it's a while later now, so I'm wondering if anything's changed: Is there any penalty for having too many Intend to Buys at one time? Has anyone ever run into issues with having too many at once, such as not being able to get more Intend to Buys or having some older ones disappear? I'm just wondering, because I've had some for a while now that I haven't gotten yet, and I just added a bunch more. Since you have five years to register a game, I went and Intend to Buy'd all of the 3DS ones even though I have no interest in the 3DS. Who knows, maybe I'll come across some codes sometime in the next five years.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #962 on: March 08, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »
I have Intended to Buy every game, and not gotten any penalty.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 28, 2011, 10:01:28 PM »
I was taking a look at Club Nintendo to see if my last 5 Virtual Console/WiiWare games had surveys yet, and I noticed a notice that Club Nintendo has changed its registration rules.  The new rules are as follows:

Do surveys expire?
 Yes. In general, Product Registration surveys expire after 7 days, and Post Play surveys expire 120 days after registration. Please review the date listed next to the survey in your To-Do list to ensure that you take the survey before it expires.

If I'm not mistaken, these changes mean that we can't register games and just hold off on doing the surveys until the next Club Nintendo year to take advantage of coins that would otherwise be wasted.  I never did that, but I know some of you did.  I believe the Post Play surveys used to be good for 2 years as well.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #964 on: March 28, 2011, 10:14:52 PM »
It's not retroactive by the way - or if it is, it didn't apply to me. I was holding onto a few surveys that still had expiration dates in 2015/2016.

Of course, I did them to make sure they didn't expire them on me. I now have 1070 coins for the year.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 28, 2011, 10:22:52 PM »
Yeah, I just saw that myself when checking over my Club Nintendo about the news article on the front page.  Sent it in.

Oddly enough, even though the date shows it was uploaded on 3/25 - but I don't recall seeing it on Sunday.  Also odd - I registered my system and my copy of Nintendogs at the same time (literally, I had three browser windows open and clicked the buttons one right after the other)  My 3DS expires in 2011.  Nintendogs doesn't expire until 2016...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 29, 2011, 05:48:27 AM »
Whew...just filled out my final surveys to reach Platinum status for the 2nd time in a row.  I'm not sure whether or not to be that angry at Nintendo for refusing to release anything worth owning on Wii since Donkey Kong Country Returns last year, which forced me to make up the remaining 100+ coins I needed for Platinum Status with download titles.  On the one hand, I really would have preferred picking up a new Wii game over old titles or WiiWare titles.  On the other hand, this process did spur me to pick up some titles I probably wasn't ever likely to buy otherwise that I enjoyed like Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (my new favorite 2D Castlevania title), Fluidity, and Mega Man 10.  I also picked up some Virtual Console titles I had been pretty indifferent on picking up such as the Super Star Wars trilogy (which I owned back on the SNES), Final Fantasy IV (I wasn't fond of the idea of picking up the censored original SNES version), and Zombies Ate my Neighbors.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:51:03 AM by broodwars »

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 31, 2011, 07:39:25 PM »
Has anyone gotten the care package from club Nintendo yet?

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #968 on: April 03, 2011, 10:05:56 PM »
Has anyone gotten the care package from club Nintendo yet?

No, but I keep convincing myself it's coming.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 04, 2011, 05:09:07 PM »
Is it worth putting in my stuff now.  I got fed up years ago when the only thing I ever got was the Pink Kirby Stylus so I have a bit of back log.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 04, 2011, 05:13:52 PM »
The shorter expiration's are for newly earned surveys. About time for me to complete all the surveys. It's been a tight year so I was probably going have to do most of them this time anyways.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 04, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »
I saw this over at GameFAQs and I figured I'd post it here. Someone claims to have emailed Nintendo about the Wii Party package that was sent out, and the response they received was that people were chosen completely at random. That seems a bit odd, but it would seem to be the case since the folks who received one have little in common in terms of when they joined, how much stuff they registered, etc.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930752-wii/58675733

So after my friend got the wii party package in the mail, I emailed nintendo to find out why he got one and I did not even though we are both club nintendo members. Here was their response:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Your friend is very lucky: we only sent out a handful of those gifts to random Club Nintendo members.

Recipients of the gift were chosen at random from our Club Nintendo members. There was no way to qualify for the gift, and unfortunately we don't have enough to go around. It was just a random gift.

While you weren't selected to receive the latest, random gift, we hope you'll continue to participate in Club Nintendo for all of the normal rewards and benefits, as well as a chance to potentially receive a future gift at random--if we decide to do something like that in the future.

We do appreciate your participation in Club Nintendo, and we've forwarded your feedback.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Greg Wallace

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 04, 2011, 08:15:21 PM »
I'm surprised they admitted that. Not too long ago Nintendo would have given a bullshit answer to that email, or none at all.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 04, 2011, 08:27:43 PM »
I hope that next time they decide to choose at random, they do it from a not so random, pool of participants. Like people that have made Elite status for the last 2 years, or those that already had elite status at the time they decided to select winners at random.

I might not qualify for the latter, but i think it would be best to reward those that tried over the person that could have just registered 3 months ago and only logged in the system & 2 games that they received for Xmas.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 05, 2011, 05:49:02 AM »
How about they send the care package to members who have not registered the game being sent out? Who wants a duplicate game? Or maybe next time gifts are sent out remove all of the people who got them last time.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast