Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 503517 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #500 on: July 26, 2009, 12:07:27 AM »
You can register a second account, then put them together into a Family Account and register multiple games.
I got my stuff today.  Pics soon.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 26, 2009, 12:24:20 AM »
Mario Party cards join together to form giant 4x13 Mario Party 8 Cover art.

The MP cards are really quite nice.  Heavy card stock with a textured coating that has the card's info embossed into it.  Really hard to get a pic of what I'm talking about.

This is the Ace of Clubs - you can make out the lone club in the center of the card.  All the cards are like this - and the face cards have the artwork "etched" into the texture.  Really nice.

Animal Crossing cards are from Wild World.  Neat cards.  Go well with my e-Reader cards. :)

I've seen several pictures of the Hanafuda cards on line, but the pictures simply don't do the cards justice.  Of course, they come in a neat little plastic case...

The cards are super-tiny.  Here's one on top of the standard-sized Animal Crossing playing card.

They're a really thick card, with a plastic-like coating on them.  Here's the 49-card set stacked up next to the 54-card Animal Crossing set.  Notice the difference in the stack size.

Here's a pic of all the cards spread out.  The 49th card off to the side there is a blank card with what I assume to be a serial number on it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 26, 2009, 05:56:50 AM »
Is it possible to register more than one of the same game? I was thinking about stealing getting the registration codes from my brother's games.

Yes, what UncleBob said is true. I did that with my little sister. Sadly she threw away the family WiiFit code before she knew of it's use, but most of her other games still had them. Very handy.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #503 on: July 26, 2009, 09:23:35 AM »
That family account trick is a great idea!  I'm going to do that!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 26, 2009, 02:16:13 PM »
I don't like those Mario Party cards, I think it is really strange how they are designed to be put together to form a picture. I'd rather they had just one character per card like the Animal Crossing cards.

What kind of game are you supposed to play with the Hanafuda cards? It looks like they form larger pictures as well...

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 26, 2009, 02:29:14 PM »
So if I get 600 coins for platinum, then go spend those coins I will still qualify for platinum in the end right?
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 26, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »
That is correct. The Gold and Platinum status are based on the coins you earned, not your remaining balance.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 26, 2009, 02:35:01 PM »
Too bad there isn't much that interests me. They need to update what they have.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 26, 2009, 02:44:50 PM »
There are too many DS-related prizes, I want to see more Wii stuff. All they have now is the Wiimote holder which is pretty useless.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 26, 2009, 03:26:13 PM »
What kind of game are you supposed to play with the Hanafuda cards? It looks like they form larger pictures as well...

Hanafuda
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: August 13, 2009, 03:52:56 AM »
So has anyone gotten their Club Prize yet? I want my Mario hat.

Also, the site is down for maintenance. Maybe they are updating it with new prizes?
My Game Collection

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 13, 2009, 10:23:01 AM »

Also, the site is down for maintenance. Maybe they are updating it with new prizes?

Those will be sent out near November.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 13, 2009, 11:16:54 AM »
Anyone wanna sell me their mario hat? ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 13, 2009, 04:34:33 PM »
The redemption period just ended on the 11th and things like this usually say "wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery". I wouldn't expect it for another month at the least, though something tells me there's a reason it says they'll be received by November 1st. Mid-October perhaps?

Anyone wanna sell me their mario hat? ;)
Maybe. I probably will end up selling it but I'm going to wait to receive it to decide.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 13, 2009, 05:44:14 PM »
The redemption period just ended on the 11th and things like this usually say "wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery". I wouldn't expect it for another month at the least, though something tells me there's a reason it says they'll be received by November 1st. Mid-October perhaps?

It would be awesome if i got my hate on my birthday October 10th.

I'm wondering how I will get to platinum status by next july. I only plan on getting Metroid Prime Trilogy, New Super Mario Brothers Wii, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 so I doubt  I will become platnium status by next july. I'm only at like 200 or so coins right now.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 15, 2009, 10:20:33 AM »
the website is back up.

no new prizes  >:(

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 15, 2009, 11:38:36 AM »
Notice that the site features all-new pictures of the same old prizes... tells me they'll probably be there awhile.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 15, 2009, 02:48:40 PM »
That's lame.

Oh well, I guess I'll just order the Game and Watch Collection and sell it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 15, 2009, 03:06:02 PM »
Maybe they won't add new ones until most of the old ones are sold out?
My Game Collection

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 31, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
IGN: Club Nintendo seems to be a genuine success in the US, especially with the reveal of the two premiums for the loyal users. But we have to ask: what's next for Club Nintendo? We're holding onto our points for some good items, so when can we expect the item list to get a refresh?

Denise Kaigler: Well, we can't announce new specific items until all the details have been locked down. Sometimes that's frustrating to us as well, since we want to get the news to Nintendo fans as soon as we know about it.

One great reward that most of your readers probably already know about is the downloadable Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! game, which will be available exclusively to Club Nintendo members who have reached Platinum status. It was developed specially for North America, and will be available for download by the end of November. (Of course this applies only to those members who reached Platinum status by June 30 and who chose the game as their reward during the redemption period in July and August.) From what the Club Nintendo folks here tell me, "it's going to be pretty awesome."

Because you asked, I wouldn't dare let this Nintendo Minute expire without leaving you with one, albeit small, piece of insider information about Club Nintendo. Keep your eyes on the Club Nintendo Web site in September. That's when we will offer members some exclusive Nintendo artwork. For the reason I mentioned earlier, I can't say any more than that right now – it's a secret to everybody. I'm really sorry. Hopefully some of you will enjoy it. Others may choose to hang on to the Coins and wait for a different reward. I love surprises. I hope you do as well. :)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1019932p1.html

;D ;D

A tease but still a update .

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #520 on: August 31, 2009, 06:12:21 PM »
I wouldn't get too excited, the very next sentence is "That's when we will offer members some exclusive Nintendo artwork". Sounds to me like lame stuff like wallpaper for you laptop, the same "exclusive" crap they used to offer with MyNintendo.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 31, 2009, 06:23:09 PM »
The stuff on MyNintendo was given out free though, I don't think they'd have you spend the coins on things like that. I've no idea what it could be though, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 31, 2009, 06:26:23 PM »
I like that Denise used the "It's a secret to everybody" line in there. Nice reference.

Maybe we'll get some high quality wall posters?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 31, 2009, 06:35:43 PM »
Maybe we'll get some high quality wall posters?
That would be nice only if they had this available:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/Mop_it_up/Official%20Nintendo%20Artwork/BirdosDelusion.jpg

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 31, 2009, 06:36:57 PM »
I'm surprised you don't already have that printed out and on your wall. I'm sure Kinkos could get you a nice high quality copy.
My Game Collection