Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 503779 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #450 on: July 14, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »
I also chose the game because... well, what am I going to do with a Mario cap?

Where it on you head or proudly have it on your mantle . It will go nicely with my other goodies. Something I could hold in my hand and actually wear and treasure in real life is much cooler.

The game sounds like something you will play once and that's all. I don't think its a game but more a tease to get more sales for Punch-Out and seems only like 1 fight.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:57:16 AM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #451 on: July 14, 2009, 11:01:36 AM »
"Hey Mac, Come November I'm gonna knock me some chocolate bars outta you! Ah ha ha ha!"

A single WiiWare fight against Doc?  Sign me up!  Wooo!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:05:39 AM by bosshogx »
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 14, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »
I was hoping for something of real value for the 1st year of Club Nintendo US.
Maybe next year will be better since you have to actually try and get to platinum status.

Oh well, I guess its the game for me.
Maybe Uncle Bob can trade the platinum prize for a free Wii repair.

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 14, 2009, 11:10:59 AM »
This is a hard decision, If the game doesn't have much content i wont really feel compelled to get it. On the other hand, a hat, come-on Nintendo.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 14, 2009, 11:15:12 AM »
This is a hard decision, If the game doesn't have much content i wont really feel compelled to get it. On the other hand, a hat, come-on Nintendo.

Seriously... Punchout DLC I might play once.... or a hat that will get put in a box in a closet.
I would have preferred a $20 off the Nintendo game of my choice coupon or Tennis & Boxing DLC for WSR or something other than what they did offer.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 14, 2009, 11:15:26 AM »

You can wear it.

I am not ashamed of my nerdYness. I'll wear my Mario hat, Justice League T-shirt and green shorts and I'll be a happy man.

See this picture. I wore my 3d glasses , got a balloon from Taco Bell and my girlfriend took the picture . I sort of look like  Carl Fredricksen from UP ! .  ;D ;D

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=454202&id=1132844490

I'll totally get lots of use from my mario hat.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:20:50 AM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 14, 2009, 11:16:35 AM »

Seriously... Punchout DLC I might play once.... or a hat that will get put in a box in a closet.
I would have preferred a $20 off the Nintendo game of my choice coupon or Tennis & Boxing DLC for WSR or something other than what they did offer.

If I were Nintendo, I would have seriously just given out a Wii Points Card. Its Simple and something we all want.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 14, 2009, 11:21:44 AM »

If I were Nintendo, I would have seriously just given out a Wii Points Card. Its Simple and something we all want.

I would rather be able to trade in coins to get Wii points cards like they used to do in Europe.

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 14, 2009, 11:24:26 AM »

I would rather be able to trade in coins to get Wii points cards like they used to do in Europe.

That would work just as well. I already used most of my coins on the Game and Watch Collection though.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 14, 2009, 11:36:18 AM »
I'm going for the hat. I joined the club for Nintendo collectibles, and the hat is just that. I would gladly buy the Punch-Out DLC if Nintendo were to ever put it up for download.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 14, 2009, 12:35:14 PM »
2,410 coins and I get a plush hat *or* a downloadable game.  Oh, and I get to pay $75 to have my Wii repaired.

I LOVE NINTENDO.... :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 14, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »
i'm sort of surprised that the items you can buy with coins weren't updated today. might as well.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 14, 2009, 07:56:12 PM »
Where's my Peach crown?

Offline Tanookisuit

• View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #463 on: July 14, 2009, 09:22:14 PM »
I was hoping for a blue wiimote or a snes classic controller... but I'll love beating the snot out of Doc.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 14, 2009, 09:24:46 PM »
I can't decide which one. Do you think the Mario hat will be offered next year? The WiiWare Punch Out is very tempting.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 14, 2009, 09:30:45 PM »
I don't know, but I'd bet you could just buy the Mario cap from eBay. There will be at least one person selling one on there: me.

You can't buy the download from somebody else.

Just something to consider.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 14, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »
I don't know, but I'd bet you could just buy the Mario cap from eBay. There will be at least one person selling one on there: me.

Just something to consider.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess great minds do think alike!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 14, 2009, 11:16:13 PM »

Sure you can.  You get a download code on a piece of paper.  It's not linked to your Wii or your Club Nintendo account in any way.  Why can't you sell it?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 15, 2009, 12:25:32 AM »
Anyone want to sell me their hat or calendar? :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 15, 2009, 12:27:42 AM »
I wish I as a Platinum member could get the calendar!

I really don't know what I will pick...
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 15, 2009, 01:32:54 AM »
How much are you offering for the Mario hat?

Sure you can.  You get a download code on a piece of paper.  It's not linked to your Wii or your Club Nintendo account in any way.  Why can't you sell it?
Are you sure about that? If that's the case then this is a difficult decision... Which one will be worth more?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #471 on: July 15, 2009, 11:24:15 AM »

What makes you think you will get a code to download it? I assume that your account will be credited with it or Nintendo will just send the game to you (like when someone gifts you a VC/WW game).

I would love the Mario hat, but I think I will go with the Doc mingame.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #472 on: July 15, 2009, 12:07:17 PM »

What makes you think you will get a code to download it? I assume that your account will be credited with it or Nintendo will just send the game to you (like when someone gifts you a VC/WW game).

I would love the Mario hat, but I think I will go with the Doc mingame.

I was under the impression that it would be like a WiiWare download, the order info I have says "You will receive an email by November 1, 2009 with more information on how to get your digital reward."
I just came across an article on IGN that says there will be a code to be redeemed http://wii.ign.com/articles/100/1003433p1.html There are some screens too.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 15, 2009, 01:42:21 PM »
I wish I as a Platinum member could get the calendar!

I really don't know what I will pick...

I wish that gift was for gold members and given to all platinum members regardless what they picked.
How much are you offering for the Mario hat?

Are you sure about that? If that's the case then this is a difficult decision... Which one will be worth more?

My guess is this will work the same way that " Wii Speak Channel " works.
Only people with Wii Speak can download that channel. The get a code inside the package of the Wii Speak. So my guess Nintendo will email people the code and only x amount of codes will exist.

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aahr0tzKtc

That seems the mostly likely way to get the download.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 15, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »

You don't have to link your Wii system to your Club Nintendo account and no where does it say that you have to have them linked in order to get the Doc Louis prize.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!