Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 503829 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #400 on: July 02, 2009, 01:01:02 AM »
The thing they need to consider is that Club Nintendo only benefits Hardcore.

casual gamers with 1-3 games may not remember to register or even come close to Platinum status.

Maybe 1% of Casual gamers reached Platinum status, and maybe 70% of Hardcore gamers. So the prize better be something hardcore and worth while. If it's a booklet of Stickers from Brawl I'm going to be pissed off.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 02, 2009, 01:28:10 AM »
I have at least ten post-play surveys to do, and a few more games to register. I can get Gold this year for sure but I'll need probably about 5 more Nintendo-published Wii games to reach platinum. I think I can manage that.

Remember that post-play surveys are available for five years after a game is released. So if you have one for Super Mario 64 DS like I do then make sure you get to it before November!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 02, 2009, 01:34:10 AM »
they now have bonus ways to get points.

"Plan to Buy" - say you plan to buy the game and then buy it gets you an extra 10 points.
then do the post play survey within two weeks of purchase also gets you an additional 10 points
with the 50 points for the game and 10 points for the survey itself, you can now total out at 80 points for a single purchase.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 02, 2009, 01:48:37 AM »
Currently the "Plan to buy" is for Wii Sports Resort. If you get it make sure you register it before July 19th!

I hope there will be a "Plan to buy" for New Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Galaxy 2 because I'll probably be getting those week one.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 02, 2009, 02:09:53 AM »
I did all my surveys except a few games I haven't played yet and I'm 160 points away from Platinum status.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 02, 2009, 02:48:26 AM »

"Plan to Buy" - say you plan to buy the game and then buy it gets you an extra 10 points.
then do the post play survey within two weeks of purchase also gets you an additional 10 points
with the 50 points for the game and 10 points for the survey itself, you can now total out at 80 points for a single purchase.

I was wondering why I was getting random extra coins for no reason. It makes sense now.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #406 on: July 02, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »
Wii Sports Resort will put me at Platinum Status for 2010.  I can't wait to see what the 2009 prizes are.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 02, 2009, 11:08:10 AM »
Here's a tip for those saving their coins - you can register the game, then click out of the survey.  The registration survey will still show up in your to-do list and you can go back and complete it at another time - and still get all the coins, including Intend to Buy and Early Registration coins.  This way, you don't have to worry about losing your registration codes or forgetting which ones you registered...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 02, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »
But don't you have to do the registration survey within two weeks of registration? You wouldn't want to register it and forget about it...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #409 on: July 02, 2009, 10:41:35 PM »
Don't forgot to select every game available for the "Intend to Buy", you don't have to buy them right away for the 10 extra coins. I selected Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragons and will still get the extra 10 coins as long as I buy and register it before February 2014 (May 2014 for New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and Punch-Out!!).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 02, 2009, 10:43:52 PM »
Are you sure about that, because the Nintendo site explained it differently. Said you had to register the "Intend to Buy" within a certain time frame of release to get the "Intend to Buy" points. I think it was 14 days or something like that.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 03, 2009, 12:14:54 AM »
As far as I know, there's no time limit for doing the surveys after you've registered them.  For example, I registered New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat on 5/12/2009.  Did the Registration Survey and Post-Play survey on 7/1 and got 50+10+10+10 coins for it.

In regards to intend to buy, I was under the understanding that you had to register the game (although not necessarily do the survey) within 4 weeks of the game's release.  I could be wrong though.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #412 on: July 03, 2009, 12:47:41 AM »
Are you sure about that, because the Nintendo site explained it differently. Said you had to register the "Intend to Buy" within a certain time frame of release to get the "Intend to Buy" points. I think it was 14 days or something like that.

Um, you yourself explained it a few posts earlier. You get 10 points if you say you intend to buy it an then actually buy it. If you buy it within 2 weeks you get an ADDITIONAL 10 coins. That means you can get 20 extra coins if you say you intend to buy it and then you buy it within 2 weeks. You can still get 10 extra coins just for saying you intend to buy it and then later on get it. Fire Emblem is still showing up on my To Do list with "Register This Game".

Also, there IS a time limit for doing surveys and they say on your To Do list when they expire (although I think most post-play surveys don't expire until 2012-2014).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 03, 2009, 12:50:03 AM »
As far as I know, there's no time limit for doing the surveys after you've registered them.  For example, I registered New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat on 5/12/2009.  Did the Registration Survey and Post-Play survey on 7/1 and got 50+10+10+10 coins for it.

In regards to intend to buy, I was under the understanding that you had to register the game (although not necessarily do the survey) within 4 weeks of the game's release.  I could be wrong though.
that might be it, but there was an additional 10 points to those that do the survey within 14 days of registration(or purchase according to my previous post).

1) You do "Intend To Buy" for 10 point (after step 2)
2) buy the game and register it for 50 points (+ the 10pts from step 1)
3) do the survey within 14 days and get 20 points (10pts for survey & 10pts for doing it within 14 days)
for a total of 80 points for one game.

I might be wrong, but thats how I came to interpret what was on Nintendo.com
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:59:10 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 03, 2009, 12:55:32 AM »

Um, you yourself explained it a few posts earlier. You get 10 points if you say you intend to buy it an then actually buy it. If you buy it within 2 weeks you get an ADDITIONAL 10 coins. That means you can get 20 extra coins if you say you intend to buy it and then you buy it within 2 weeks. You can still get 10 extra coins just for saying you intend to buy it and then later on get it. Fire Emblem is still showing up on my To Do list with "Register This Game".

Also, there IS a time limit for doing surveys and they say on your To Do list when they expire (although I think most post-play surveys don't expire until 2012-2014).

Thats not how I explained it at all. & how would I get an additional 10 for buying it within 2 weeks since I did the "Intend to Buy" for WSR 3 days ago and the game doesn't come out for more than 3 weeks from then?

anyway, you can read the re-explanation on my post above, or just re-read my original explanation quoted below.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 03, 2009, 11:14:28 AM »
BNM is correct.  I did 'intend to buy' for Fire Emblem when it first game out.  I registered it immediately (but have not yet completed the survey) and got a total of 40 coins.  30 coins for registering the game + an additional 10 for using 'intend to buy'.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 03, 2009, 11:20:30 AM »

that might be it, but there was an additional 10 points to those that do the survey within 14 days of registration(or purchase according to my previous post).

1) You do "Intend To Buy" for 10 point (after step 2)
2) buy the game and register it for 50 points (+ the 10pts from step 1)
3) do the survey within 14 days and get 20 points (10pts for survey & 10pts for doing it within 14 days)
for a total of 80 points for one game.

I might be wrong, but thats how I came to interpret what was on Nintendo.com

I got the 80 coins for the DK:JB intend to buy + survey + post-play survey and I did not do the survey in 14 days - it was about 50 days from when I registered it/the day it came out and I did the survey.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 03, 2009, 11:33:56 AM »
* Register a Nintendo DSi, complete a quick survey, and link your Nintendo DSi to your Club Nintendo account to earn 160 Coins (wireless broadband internet connection required).

Easy enough.

* Register a Wii or Nintendo DS game and complete a quick survey.
      Wii games = 50 Coins
      Nintendo DS games = 30 Coins
      Wii Shop Channel games/Wii Channels/DSiWare = 10 Coins (Only eligible for Post Play Surveys. See our FAQ for more information.)
Oddly enough, it doesn't mention the Post-play surveys for Wii/DS titles...
* Indicate your intent to buy a game and you'll earn 10 extra Coins after you buy it, register it and complete the survey.
They mention no time limit between the launch of the game and when you have to buy it.  I could have sworn there was one... ?
* Register a Nintendo game and complete a quick survey within 4 weeks of its launch and earn an additional 10 Coins!
I really think you just have to register the game within 4 weeks from launch and do the survey at your convenience...  I purchased the following games at launch recently:
New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat    5/12/2009
Personal Trainer: Walking    5/27/2009
The Legendary Starfy    6/10/2009

I did Intend to Buy on all three titles.  I registered them immediately.  I waited until 7/1 to do all surveys that popped up (Registration surveys for all three and the post-play survey for DK:JB).
For DK:JB, I received 50+10+10+10 coins.  For PT:W, I've received 30+10+10 and for Starfy, I've received 30+10+10.  Starfy is the only title that I actually bought at launch, registered in the 4-week launch period *and* did the registration survey in the 4-week launch period.  But I got the 10-coin bonus on all three titles.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 03, 2009, 12:46:16 PM »
Quote from: Nintendo.com
How Intend to Buy Works

Help us gauge interest in upcoming Nintendo-published games! Four weeks before a game launches, the option to register your intent to buy it will appear here. Let us know you intend to buy the game and take a short survey. When the game launches, buy it, register it, and complete the registration survey and you'll earn 10 extra Coins! Remember - you must indicate your intent to buy within the Intend to Buy date range listed for each game to be eligible for the extra Coins.

That implies you have to buy at launch, but they didn't really specify how long a launch window is. That why I came to the understanding I did.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 03, 2009, 05:38:45 PM »
Quote from: Nintendo.com
How Intend to Buy Works

Help us gauge interest in upcoming Nintendo-published games! Four weeks before a game launches, the option to register your intent to buy it will appear here. Let us know you intend to buy the game and take a short survey. When the game launches, buy it, register it, and complete the registration survey and you'll earn 10 extra Coins! Remember - you must indicate your intent to buy within the Intend to Buy date range listed for each game to be eligible for the extra Coins.

That implies you have to buy at launch, but they didn't really specify how long a launch window is. That why I came to the understanding I did.

I disagree, I read it as "When the game comes out, buy it...".
It is not setting a time limit. Just get it sometime after it comes out.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: July 03, 2009, 07:21:50 PM »
I agree, but I was just explaining why I interpreted it that way.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 04, 2009, 12:24:14 AM »
I don't know if this is Club Nintendo related or not, but I received a postcard with Nintendo in the return address advertising Punch-Out and giving me a $5 off coupon code for Amazon.com.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 06, 2009, 11:00:38 AM »
I got the same thing for $10 off @ Best Buy. I posted it in the PO thread
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 06, 2009, 10:03:20 PM »
If you want to get rid of it, you should send it to me (the post card, not just the code...)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 07, 2009, 10:03:45 AM »
If you want to get rid of it, you should send it to me (the post card, not just the code...)

I'll be using it to buy PO Wii soon enough, so no.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.