Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 503511 times)

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2009, 10:42:32 PM »
Those canny Nintendo folks: just checked my Club Nintendo to do list and it knows that I have a DSi before I have even registered it.  (Probably because I downloaded some DSi-ware games.)  Man.. I have so many unclaimed coins.  Can't wait until July when I can start taking surveys again.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2009, 12:44:54 AM »
I'm going to be stupid and hope for something there's virtually no chance of, an N64 controller Classic Controller.

I've seen some mods online to make an N64 controller work with the GC/Wii

There are also cables for sale that you can use to make an N64 cable connect to a GC. Though with the one I found you had to choose from one of a pre-programmed set of button layouts.

I've seen those, but I don't want to have a cord and I want a usable analog stick.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2009, 01:48:25 AM »
Those canny Nintendo folks: just checked my Club Nintendo to do list and it knows that I have a DSi before I have even registered it.  (Probably because I downloaded some DSi-ware games.)  Man.. I have so many unclaimed coins.  Can't wait until July when I can start taking surveys again.

Err... when setting up your DSi (user name, birth date, favorite color, internet connections, etc.), do you remember entering your Club Nintendo information? :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 16, 2009, 02:36:19 AM »
I'm going to be stupid and hope for something there's virtually no chance of, an N64 controller Classic Controller.

I've seen some mods online to make an N64 controller work with the GC/Wii

There are also cables for sale that you can use to make an N64 cable connect to a GC. Though with the one I found you had to choose from one of a pre-programmed set of button layouts.

I've seen those, but I don't want to have a cord and I want a usable analog stick.

Here you go. This thing lets you use your NES, SNES and N64 controllers for VC games. And it's only $20.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 16, 2009, 04:28:54 AM »
Dammit why'd you have to show me that, now I have to buy one. And the Genesis one I've been looking at. And I don't have a SNES controller so I have to buy one on eBay. I have a serious medical condition known colloquially as not having any self-control when it comes to buying things.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2009, 10:26:28 AM »
Does one get a special prize for simply having Gold status?

As far as I know, no.  It's Platinum or bust.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »
Err... when setting up your DSi (user name, birth date, favorite color, internet connections, etc.), do you remember entering your Club Nintendo information? :)

No.  But I probably linked my DSi ware purchases with my Club Nintendo account.  (I love how all my Wii Ware purchases instantly show up in my registered game list.)
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2009, 11:17:50 AM »
I don't think they automatically sync. I know with Virtual Console and WiiWare games you need to link your Wii system with your Club Nintendo account.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 16, 2009, 12:01:16 PM »
I don't think they automatically sync. I know with Virtual Console and WiiWare games you need to link your Wii system with your Club Nintendo account.

The WiiWare and DSiWare purchases automatically sync to your Club Nintendo account once the Wii and DSi system has been linked to your Club Nintendo account.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #309 on: May 16, 2009, 12:24:36 PM »
I believe that is what I just said. I meant that you have to sync up your system to your Club Nintendo account first.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 17, 2009, 02:49:08 AM »
you know what would be a great gift? Wii Motion Plus with Wii Play 2. It's only offered from Club Nintendo and is the hardware itself and minigames that use it. It also includes demos of current games that use it.

Now that would be cool. A cheap game for Wii and hardware.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2009, 03:04:02 PM »
you know what would be a great gift? Wii Motion Plus with Wii Play 2. It's only offered from Club Nintendo and is the hardware itself and minigames that use it. It also includes demos of current games that use it.

Now that would be cool. A cheap game for Wii and hardware.

Too pricey unless you want to dump 2000 coins or more on it. I'd rather it be in retail. Something like Wii Play 2 should be in retail because of it's brand recognition. I'd rather see a version of Captain Rainbow offered. I thing more eclectic and obscure stuff is better suited for the Club Store.
My Game Collection

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2009, 11:21:39 PM »
Registered Punch-Out, and reached 700 coins. Ordered the Silver DS game case, with the Aluminum stylus which I've been wanting for quite some time. Back to 0 coins.

I just got a DSi. If I register it now will I lose those coins once it's July 1?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2009, 11:25:19 PM »
Register it, but click out of the survey.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2009, 11:34:21 PM »
I just thought of something. Can we assume that all of the games eligible for coins will always be eligible? For example, I don't think that WarioWare Smooth Moves is still being produced, so it might be taken off the list at some point. If they changed the list then I think they would do it at the start of the Club Nintendo year, which could be bad for those of us who are holding off on registering some games.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2009, 02:54:13 AM »
Register it, but click out of the survey.

I will. Thank you.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 21, 2009, 08:34:36 AM »
Registered Punch-Out, and reached 700 coins. Ordered the Silver DS game case, with the Aluminum stylus which I've been wanting for quite some time. Back to 0 coins.

I just got a DSi. If I register it now will I lose those coins once it's July 1?

You won't lose the coins(they usually expire in two years) but you might as well hold off registering it until July 1, because you'll only be 140 coins away from a gold member in July and 440 coins away from a platinum for that year.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 21, 2009, 03:24:06 PM »
I just thought of something. Can we assume that all of the games eligible for coins will always be eligible? For example, I don't think that WarioWare Smooth Moves is still being produced, so it might be taken off the list at some point. If they changed the list then I think they would do it at the start of the Club Nintendo year, which could be bad for those of us who are holding off on registering some games.

No, not yet. Though notice there are expiration dates for the surveys but they are close to three years away. New Super Mario Brothers doesn't expire until 2013. You can register them anytime you want before then.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #318 on: May 21, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »

No, it's Gold or Platinum. Nintendo has confirmed this several times. They haven't said if there will be a difference in the prize, I hope so because otherwise it makes Platinum status worthless if Gold members get the same benefits.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 21, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »

No, not yet. Though notice there are expiration dates for the surveys but they are close to three years away. New Super Mario Brothers doesn't expire until 2013. You can register them anytime you want before then.
Interesting, I didn't think of that. Perhaps after that five-year survey period, that's when the games can no longer be registered? I hope that's the case.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 22, 2009, 05:03:15 PM »

No, it's Gold or Platinum. Nintendo has confirmed this several times. They haven't said if there will be a difference in the prize, I hope so because otherwise it makes Platinum status worthless if Gold members get the same benefits.

I think that gold doesn't get a choice of what prize they get but platinum gets three options of what to receive.
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 22, 2009, 05:42:18 PM »
I think that gold doesn't get a choice of what prize they get but platinum gets three options of what to receive.

Keep in mind what goes in Japan doesn't necessary apply to the US.  ;)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 22, 2009, 05:46:23 PM »

Keep in mind what goes in Japan doesn't necessary apply to the US.  ;)

True, I'm just assuming. There has to be a reason why there are two levels for the club because if they reap the same rates then people will stop trying to reach the higher one and not buy as much stuff.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 22, 2009, 06:15:06 PM »
I received an email from Club Nintendo as a reminder that the Club Nintendo year ends on June 30th, and it also says "If you achieve Gold or Platinum status by June 30th of this year, look out for a special thank-you gift from Nintendo before the end of the calendar year."

For anyone who still had doubts that Gold members get a prize, here is further conformation. It doesn't say anything about what that prize might be, but I'd be surprised if both membership statuses got the same prize; what would be the point of having the two different types then?

It also looks like you won't be able to claim that prize on July 1st, or possibly even July. By the end of the calendar year? How long is it going to take? We've impatient here!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 22, 2009, 06:39:56 PM »
Gold members probably get the free calendar while Platinum members get to laugh at Gold members while we walk away with special DS cases,  soundtracks & rare collectibles.