Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 503834 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Looks like Nintendo is prepping Club Nintendo in NA
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2008, 01:53:08 PM »
How in the heck am I supposed to put a registration number in for VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES?!?!
Read the FAQ.  You have to e-mail Nintendo with information and they'll do it for you.

Not in my case.  :(  Here's my e-mail to Nintendo.

I did not receive the Club Nintendo coins for two Virtual Console/WiiWare games that I downloaded before the program began.

The games are Secret of Mana (VC) and World of Goo (WiiWare).

My Wii's serial number is XX123456789.

Can you please credit my account with the coins for these games?

Thank you

And here is the response I received.

I can understand your concern regarding coins for the games you registered at Club Nintendo. Here are some very important things to consider:

1. Coins are given for surveys completed, not for registering the game. 2. Surveys appear in your To-do list, but you may need to close your browser and log in again to see them. 3. Not all games registered will generate surveys, especially games released prior to December 2008. 4. Some games released before December 2008 do qualify. You can see a complete list here: 
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/club/en/faq.jsp#register_all

5. WiiWare games are only eligible for Post-Play surveys, which don't appear until four weeks after a game has been registered.

Answers to many questions regarding Club Nintendo and product registration can be found at our Club Nintendo FAQ. I’ve provided a direct link below:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/club/en/faq.jsp

Sincerely,

T. J. Geise
Nintendo of America Inc.

Maybe I just got a rep who didn't read the damn FAQ, but I find this response less than helpful.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2008, 05:10:18 PM »
vudu, if we take what he said at face value, the surveys for your Wiiware games will show up in 4 weeks, and you can do them then to get your coins.

Unless your issue is that those Wiiware games aren't registered to your account at all, in which case you might reply with a clarification.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2008, 05:59:06 PM »
I called Nintendo themselves.

They said any NEW Virtual Console and WiiWare games I buy FROM NOW ON they will give me points NOT any games i bought before Club Nintendo existed. So that means I get no credit for VC games I have been buying for 2 years, or Wiiware that I have been supporting since MAY.

:o :( >:( ;D

LAME. VERY LAME.

I hope they give some points for Wii Gifts which I plan on using.

I shouldn't complain since I did get Metroid Prime 2 demo, and that zelda collection and I got a 1080 avalanche ski hat for FREE.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 06:01:53 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2008, 06:02:36 PM »
T_T

Man, my 90+ downloads count as nothing?

*sigh*

Oh well. At least I've already got a big list of games I wanna get... Nick'n'Roll, Tiki Towers, World of Goo, Strong Bad games...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »
I'm at 560 too so I can't buy anything decent.

I don't even see the option to registar games I want to buy. So if I get something for Christmas I can get extra points for.

The whole thing seems odd. if the year starts July 1st, shouldn't ALL THE GAMES from JULY 1st 2008 be given credit which includes VC and Wiiware ????

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2008, 06:23:53 PM »
The whole thing seems odd. if the year starts July 1st, shouldn't ALL THE GAMES from JULY 1st 2008 be given credit which includes VC and Wiiware ????

Have you been a Nintendo fan for long? Hehe.

Making their customers feel like they're special has NEVER been Nintendo's speciality, except in the case of repairs, and even there I'm hearing more and more worrisome news.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2008, 01:00:10 AM »

Making their customers feel like they're special has NEVER been Nintendo's speciality, except in the case of repairs, and even there I'm hearing more and more worrisome news.

I know, the problem is I was using LOGIC and Nintendo. I keep wanting the rules of logic to apply to them.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2008, 02:04:33 AM »

I know, the problem is I was using LOGIC and Nintendo. I keep wanting the rules of logic to apply to them.

I see some irony in this statement.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2008, 03:39:27 AM »
AFAIK NoE does nothing at all with your VC/WW purchases except list them.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2008, 05:33:11 PM »
I thought I let you guys know that the Club Nintendo site is undergoing repairs.Hopefully they will address the problems.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2008, 11:01:07 AM »
I thought I let you guys know that the Club Nintendo site is undergoing repairs.Hopefully they will address the problems.

it's been down for a few days now. Maybe some big changes are coming and new goodies to buy

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2008, 04:04:49 PM »
They're on HOLIDAY.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2008, 10:51:16 PM »
I got my Hanafuda cards today. They are so awesome, I didn't realize how small they were but they have great artistic style and I am glad I got them over Game and Watch!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2008, 10:53:59 PM »
I got my Hanafuda cards today. They are so awesome, I didn't realize how small they were but they have great artistic style and I am glad I got them over Game and Watch!

I'm still waiting for my game and watch lol, I wonder if it has a game registration code. The hanafuda cards are next on my list but right now I'm at 640 coins and it will be 670 if I can find Kirby Ultra Super Star.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2008, 10:58:54 PM »

I'm still waiting for my game and watch lol, I wonder if it has a game registration code. The hanafuda cards are next on my list but right now I'm at 640 coins and it will be 670 if I can find Kirby Ultra Super Star.

Well I am super lucky in that Nntendo is within 70 miles of me so shipping is fast.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »
How small are they?  Pics, please.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline AV

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2008, 01:24:02 PM »
its up again, i see no changes to the website.

Edit: I called them. After registering Personal Trainer Cooking I'm at 590. It says World of Goo and Tetris party are registard but I didn't get coins for. I called.

yadda yadda yadda the website is the same for US the consumer, but behind the scenes the killed lots of bugs. However I don't have to worry about coins going away at end of the year (2008) End of the year is July 1st for Nintendo. So thats a relief.

They said my survey's for Tetirs and WOrld of Goo which I bought one in mid Nov, and another in mid Dec won't go up until 4 weeks after I got game. Than they checked and now its 4 weeks until after Club Nintendo website launches and she isn't sure if that was original launch or today when it relaunches.

its a big mess for people working the phone lines, she seemed really nice the girl on the phone.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:52:23 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2008, 02:57:14 PM »
Did you show her your nose penis?
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2008, 03:00:22 PM »
Poor girl.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2008, 03:27:47 PM »
Did you show her your nose penis?

I made that joke like three months ago.  Get with the program.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2008, 03:34:44 PM »
Oh? I know someone mentioned the nose penis. Thats all I remember. Sorry for stepping on your toes.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2008, 12:03:11 PM »
Oh? I know someone mentioned the nose penis. Thats all I remember. Sorry for stepping on your toes.

Better the toes than the nose penis.

Poor girl.

so many possibilities..

Anywho i'm glad this thing is back up and running, maybe i'll finally link my accounts.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2008, 02:05:46 PM »
Why?  The shape of the stylus keeps changing with every release of the DS.  If you plan to upgrade to the DSi than the stylus will be pretty much worthless because they won't fit into the storage slot.