Author Topic: The Rumour Corner  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Nintendo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« on: April 06, 2003, 11:30:05 AM »
Post the best rumours here, I'll start:

QUITER is reporting the next issue of Nintendo Dream will have an announcement regarding a new game in the Mother series. The latest issue contains what appears to be an illustration from the series with text below it saying, "there is a long-awaited announcement in the next issue."
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 11:34:35 AM »
capcom has already officially denied these rumors, but i like to post this for a laugh

nikki business daily, a japanese newspaper, placed an article which stated that capcom was going to pull support from the gamecube by stopping the gamecube exclusives, place them on other systems, and lower the gamecube support in general

capcom just recently released a statement stating that “As previously announced in September 13, 2001, as of present time there are no plans to port Biohazard (GC) and Biohazard 0 (GC) to other systems. Also, Biohazard 4, which is currently in production, will be released for the GameCube as previously planned. There are no changes regarding our fundamental direction.”

personally i am happy that capcom has done this and hopefully the cube support keeps on comming
i call the big one bitey.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 12:04:43 PM »
Man, we've had Mother 3 rumors for a while, but I think they all point to the same thing- we're finally getting Earthbound 2 (I wonder if they'll change the name to Earthbound 3)!! StarMen.net actually has a big archive of all the Mother 3 rumors. Some even go as far to say that Nintendo will rereleased Mother 1/2 (Earthbound 0/1) on the GBA and then release Mother 3/Earthbound 2 on the Gamecube, which would be great for all those people who haven't played Mother (such a great RPG).
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2003, 12:24:56 PM »
basically i just want another earthbound/mother game
i played earthbound 0 via emulator and i own earthbound on my super nintendo
it is such a funny game- i mean who can forget half the stuff in there

enemy names such as new age retro hippie, manly fish, manly fish's brother, big pile of puke, the starmen, buzz buzz, unassuming local guy, and a character named poo.....genius!

and the only way to enjoy the game is to read everything- including the battle text which is hillarious

all i know is that nintendo, if they really are making a new earthbound, better make it just as goofy and great as the other games in the series

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 04:37:14 PM »
I've already posted this on the Aussie thread, but here's my rumour:

According to Australian CUBE #7, Soul Calibur II for Gamecube will not only have 3D Adult Link in it, the game will ALSO have WIND WAKER LINK (Thats cel-shaded Link), and GANNONDORF too.
Hmmm!
Now CUBE is a great mag, but their news is like 2 months late (since the Aussie CUBE is based on the original UK CUBE), so I don't know if this is tru or not.

What do you think?
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 04:40:43 PM »
Termin8Anakin, I doubt that will happen.  IGN denied this rumor straight up, so I tend to doubt it.  Not that it wouldn't be cool.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Gharakh

• View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 04:48:21 PM »
termin i think its pretty obvious that that isnt true since people have been playin the imported version everywhere and we would have heard something about it if it were true

Offline Jonk

• View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 07:05:46 PM »

Originally posted by: kennyb27
Termin8Anakin, I doubt that will happen.  IGN denied this rumor straight up, so I tend to doubt it.  Not that it wouldn't be cool.

IGN does not know all. Just because Peer of IGN saids no doesn't mean he knows if there is anything going on. I guarantee you that you will see a new incarnation of the mother series within the next month. I garantee to the Nth degree. The EarthBound/Mother series is coming back. As much time and money they put into that game, the RPG lovers in japan, the publicity it got in SSBM, and the numerous news from Quiter (Quiter said that they garantee it to be there at E3) and even recently, Nintendo of Japan recently released its spring 2003 edition of the Nintendo book. In there are Mr. Saturn stickers included. For you that dont know, Mr Saturn is a trademark character of the EarthBound series

Check out the image HERE

This is something that Starmen.net brought to my atttention. The original source is The Deep Sigh of Sisyphos.
With all these rumors (Mother 3/EB news here)and Quiter being pretty assured that there is another Mother/EarthBound on its way showing its head soon, and now this, and Quiter talking about mother's appearance in the next nintendo dream and this official piece of media from NOJ themselves, yeah, Im pretty sure that there is EarthBound in one way or another coming soon.  Do I think IGN is wrong,...  oh yeah!  
A Zealous Imagineer

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2003, 08:55:22 PM »
most people know that hal would be working on a earthbound 4 (including the beta n64 one)
I think the n64 one was put of because of a low releationship between them
now there best friends, and hal has made millions from nintendos icons, i think they will proberly be puting most of there energy into it, plus gba area on tilt and rumble

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2003, 09:16:33 PM »
they shpould port mother 1 for the GBA(as nintendo is port happy) and release Mother 2 on the cune at the same time, and allow the two to link for some cool stuff  
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2003, 01:31:06 AM »

Originally posted by: kennyb27

Originally posted by: Gharakh
termin i think its pretty obvious that that isnt true since people have been playin the imported version everywhere and we would have heard something about it if it were true

Well sorry. I never heard that rumour before. But I DID say that Aussie CUBE is just UK CUBE in disguise, and that the news was probably a couple of months behind.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline bryanee

• View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2003, 02:27:08 AM »
that ww link and gannon was just an april fools joke from CUBE
That lady is all kinds of naked!!!!!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2003, 03:31:33 AM »
"Nintendo of Japan recently released its spring 2003 edition of the Nintendo book. In there are Mr. Saturn stickers included."

Yeah, and Ness has appeared in 2 Super Smash Bros. games over the past 4 or 5 years and we STILL don't have a confirmation of a Mother game, so I don't think Mr. Saturn stickers really prove much. There are many other indications that point to Mother 3, though.

Also, what they mean by IGN said that Ganondorf and WW Link weren't in there is bceause they own the Japanese import and checked it out for themselves. So it was straight from the horse's mouth, there.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2003, 07:11:35 AM »
there are rumors that camelot are working on much more then mario golf and mario tennis.  It could be that htey are working on a new shining force however because they are more under nintendo's wing they may be working on a gc fire emblem.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2003, 09:52:21 AM »
well i think the mr. saturn stickers may be a hint but i dont know
i personally love earthbound- its not just a great rpg, but a great game in general
hopefully they make a new one or complete mother 3 for the n64 and bring it over to gc
personally i hope for a brand new one- the western theme they had for the n64 looked promising, but we shall see
i personally think that we will see mother come back by e3 or shown at e3
nintendo would not only make lots of money, they would probably get lots of happy fan mail

Offline Rich

• View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2003, 12:05:53 PM »
Hey did anyone see that rumor in EGM right at the end of the rumor section about a sequel to Goldeneye. now if there were another goldeneye what system would it be developed for?

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2003, 11:33:54 AM »
You gotta think that Earthbound 64 wasn't scrapped.  I guarantee it'll get the same treatment as Eternal Darkness - in development for a while on N64, then shifted to GameCube mid-stream to be released later down the line.

I still gotta play Earthbound on my SNES.  I bought it for a pittance at Wal-Mart years ago (seriously, they were clearing all the SNES stuff out and I got the cartridge+strategy guide pak for less than $20) and haven't had a chance to play it.  Now it's sitting at my parents' house 800 miles away, and I'm jonesing for it along with my Super NES and all my other games.

silks
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Tride15

• View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2003, 11:54:29 AM »
Only rumor I can think of is that the Mario Sports series will make our eyes pop out of our heads when we see them, according to some japanese magazine (forget the name). It was a reliable magazine, though. I read the news on IGN.  

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2003, 04:45:08 PM »
well one of these rumors have come true- earthbound 3 is in the works.....but not for gc

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
The Rumour Corner
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2003, 04:47:05 PM »
"Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee 2" is in the works from both Pipeworks/Infogrames
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk