Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 504719 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #650 on: January 02, 2009, 10:18:08 PM »
Closed now.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 02, 2009, 10:44:18 PM »
tomorrow is point day in my town too, lucky for me i have over a million and a quarter bells in my bank for me to play with so I can get enough points to play around with.  Though I probably won't have to spend more than 300K or so.

oh dear god
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #652 on: January 03, 2009, 07:45:31 AM »
I just would like everybody to know my Nooks is closed today.Also K.K. Slider will be rocking the town at 8:00 pm.I would like to get the town full with visitors around that time.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #653 on: January 03, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »
I'm gonna open my gates for a while.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #655 on: January 03, 2009, 12:27:19 PM »
Ok slight change of plans.I am going to visit Mazda3Spaz around 5:00 pm west coast time.After I am done  I will let everybody know that I have opened my gates.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 07:19:57 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #656 on: January 03, 2009, 12:46:41 PM »
Nintendo Treehouse tells 1UP all the new features of AC:CF

I honestly don't know if I should laugh or groan at some of the questions 1up asks them. Was the Nook bashing needed?

And what annoys me about these CF reviews is that they keep saying "Oh its the same game, oh its the same game don't buy it" without any true analysis or in-depth commentary on why CF might be worth it for some.

Its true, CF plays very similarly to Wild World. No one can deny that. Yet, I feel as if CF is about taking the core concept, mixing it with some new concepts as well as classic Gamecube ideas and polishing them to a near perfect shine.

Like I mentioned before, the social and interaction aspect of the game is definitely improved over the DS version. I honestly underestimated how Wii Speak and text chat add to the overall game. As some of you have already noticed it makes for some moving and hilarious moments, like New Year's. The fact that you can participate with up two four players in events make this even better than the DS version. The world doesn't stop just because there are other players in town. It might seem like simple additions but they add a lot to the game, perhaps moreso than people know or fail to give credit.

The new city I admit is both a blessing and a curse. I barely met Dr. Shrunk in the DS version, so being able to go and see him is great,  especially since his appearances are so hilarious (he's definitely one of my favorite characters in the game). As ridiculous as the prices are its fun seeing Gracie Grace's shop. Being able to see Red whenever you want is also a plus. The new Walrus and Skunk characters also make it enjoyable. Who know that your shoes could complement your outfit? The downside is that the city eliminates the excitement of meeting random characters. Plus, it would have been great if the city served as an online hub world where you meet other players and take them to your town.

As always, they could have added even more to the game. But at this point its far more polished than the DS version and its strongest asset, the social interaction, is made infinitely better on the Wii. Its sad that many reviewers aren't taking this into consideration.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 03, 2009, 01:35:58 PM »
It is sad, I won't even bother giving 1up the traffic. It's pretty obvious now Nintendo will never escape having some sort of bias against them no matter what they do.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #658 on: January 03, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »
I've opened my gates for a few hours if anyone wants to visit. I will also open them again later tonight if anyone wants to visit later :) I'm getting rid of my Mario furniture if anyone is interested.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #659 on: January 03, 2009, 02:02:11 PM »
Fleece I am so there!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #660 on: January 03, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »
It is sad, I won't even bother giving 1up the traffic. It's pretty obvious now Nintendo will never escape having some sort of bias against them no matter what they do.

Yes, and its even more obvious now than ever before.

City Folk gets bashed for being an updated sequel with some improvements and additions. While I agree that more could've been done technically all sequels offer very little in terms of innovation.

Let's take a look at some sequels:
Gears of War 2: Plays exactly like the first game, save for new scenarios, improvements in graphics, sound and game mechanics and of course, it shows the next part in the story.

Resident Evil 5: From all the trailers it looks to play nearly identical to RE 4, save with some slight improvements, new main character, story and setting. Hell, even the enemies look the same, except they are African now.

GTA IV: Its pretty much a hi-def version of GTA III, except it doesn't completely improve on it and even takes some of the things that made the earlier game beloved, like expanded wardrobe features.

Halo 3: Was praised as the best multiplayer game ever. Yet, the single player campaign mode was shorter than in the previous games.

These games were highly praised sequels but are guilty of not really evolving the core gameplay and ideas. City Folk gets bashed for doing this when in reality is an expanded sequel in which old and new ideas are explored, expanded, polished and presented to the audience and makes the game better than in its earlier iterations.

So if CF gets bashed for doing this why don't any of the games above get their criticism? Is it because they offer improvements in story and graphics? So if CF looked extremely different from the earlier games and offered a deep story would the reviews be better even if the game plays exactly like the older games?

In that case, the Pokemon games are IDENTICAL to each other, yet gets praised for the content. Again, what's up with that?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #661 on: January 03, 2009, 02:49:23 PM »
I was disconnected- Maxi and Ty Ty is your info okay??
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #662 on: January 03, 2009, 04:08:12 PM »
Maxi came over and SirSniffy dropped in as well. Maxi got my Bullet Bill and we hit each other with axes for a good while. I visited Maxi's town and copped Greenie before being kicked off line. I took a lot of photos- SirSniffy made his own Link outfit! Im going to close my gates and reopen them tonight :)
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #663 on: January 03, 2009, 04:16:47 PM »
My info is fine after that last disconnect. I had lots of fun Fleece. I love your designs SirSniffy.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 03, 2009, 06:00:36 PM »
Do any of you guys have the mother cat in your town? I have a the (annoying) crying baby in my town at the moment.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #665 on: January 03, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »
I just had Blanca the cat in my town. Sadly, my design was left unfinished :( .

My gates are open, not to mention its meteor shower night!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 03, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »
Was Blanca looking for her kid? It needs to be a mother cat looking for her kid. Supposedly you can only reunite them if you find one in another town.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #667 on: January 03, 2009, 06:29:11 PM »
Nevermind GP.I had her yesterday here.GP talk to the kitten.See says where her mom is at.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 06:45:05 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 03, 2009, 06:47:12 PM »
I think someone's sarcasm meter is broken?

"I couldn't tell you what's missing, to be honest -- all I can tell you is that a lot's been added. Again, this anti-Nook media-bias thing is appalling, and I demand some fair and balanced reporting and, perhaps, a congressional investigation."

^cuz that sounds tongue-in-cheek IMO
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #669 on: January 03, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »
I gonna head out for a while.Hope to be back soon.Gonna try and grab CTDS.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #670 on: January 03, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »
Man, I had sop much fun with Fleece, Maxi and SB in town. Too bad my connection might be weak and is causing the disconnection.

I suggest we move the party elsewhere...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #671 on: January 03, 2009, 10:46:04 PM »
Maxi, Smash Brother and I were at Pap64's town messing with K.K. Slider and Brewster, of course the madness moved out into the rest of St. Hope with axe fights and townie harassment. He's got an emo horse with a black eye wearing a burlap sack. He managed to literally push me and Pap out of his house and when everyone crowded up his space the game crashed. Hahahaha
I had a lot of fun if anyone sees my gates open feel free to drop on by :D
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #672 on: January 04, 2009, 12:51:29 AM »
I had fun in your respective towns Pap,Fleece S_B.Thank you for visiting me GP.Sorry to anyone I couldn't get to.Good night.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:58:07 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #673 on: January 04, 2009, 01:03:36 AM »
Maxi, Smash Brother and I were at Pap64's town messing with K.K. Slider and Brewster, of course the madness moved out into the rest of St. Hope with axe fights and townie harassment. He's got an emo horse with a black eye wearing a burlap sack. He managed to literally push me and Pap out of his house and when everyone crowded up his space the game crashed. Hahahaha
I had a lot of fun if anyone sees my gates open feel free to drop on by :D

Yeah, it was epic and the most hilarious thing ever.

I have the pics, but my card reader is busted >.< .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 04, 2009, 03:27:02 AM »
You know how I know Tom Nook is evil? I just start saving money to pay off a mortgage, then he throws a point day. I figure I could've payed off my mortgage 3 times over with the money I dumped into his points scheme. AARRGGHH!!!! Oh well, at least I made it all the way to gold status.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.