Author Topic: GTA China Town  (Read 39417 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: GTA China Town
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »
They still have some old Gamecube and even Gameboy Color games for sale on their site. The Kubricks are funny.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2009, 09:28:39 AM »
There's a midnight release at the Nintendo World Store and SIRSNIFFY- they're giving away the Kubrick Set to early buyers!

Where: Nintendo World Store (NYC)
What: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars midnight launch
When: March 16th, 11:59 PM to 2 AM
Who: all fans ages 17 and up, DJ OhNo hosting the event

- First 25 people to purchase the game get exclusive goodies, such as GTA Kubrick sets
- Custom GTA:CW DS Lite on display
- more surprises to come
http://gonintendo.com/?p=75491

I might make it- Oh No is pretty dope. Anyone care to meet up?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »
Aww man...I would love to get those Kubricks for free. Thanks for the info man. :'(
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2009, 01:46:41 PM »
What the heck is a GTA Kubrick set?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline SirSniffy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »
What the heck is a GTA Kubrick set?
Kubricks are these little lego-like dolls. They are so awesome. I had no idea there were GTA ones. here is the link(graciously posted by TheFleece). You can find Kubricks of just about anything, any movie, game, comic characters, etc. I actually prefer them to real live humans.

http://rockstarwarehouse.stores.yahoo.net/grthau3kubox.html
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2009, 10:18:20 AM »
Further details from Rockstar is that the first 100 people inside will get goodies
http://www.rockstargames.com/chinatownwars/view/article:nintendo_midnight_launch_event
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2009, 04:09:45 PM »
IGN gave it a 9.5
Apparently there we two glitches that caused items to disappear in missions but a system restart fixed them.

I'll probably wait a bit to get it and get a game that has the glitches fixed.
My Game Collection

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2009, 06:19:40 PM »
I went to the midnight release last night and came home with a fat sack of things, but no Kubricks :( Here's all the pics fit to be seen: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thefleece/sets/72157615422002163/ I also have a mound of stickers and those tiny chopstick stylus sets. If anyone wants a pair just ask :)
I haven't run into an glitch just yet, I really really like this game. The amount of menus and information and how it's all woven together is just great. It's like an adult version of the modern Pokedex. I also checked out the wifi stuff, so far all I can do is upload my stats, but there are goodies waiting to be had.
I suggest getting this if you own a DS, there's no slouching anywhere in this game!
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2009, 06:23:07 PM »
I also have a mound of stickers and those tiny chopstick stylus sets. If anyone wants a pair just ask :)

plz I can has?  ;D

I think those Kubricks are hilarious. Like hooker Legos  :D

Good set of picks. I wish I could have made on of the GameStop events.
My Game Collection

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »
The Kubricks were very funny looking, I was hoping to score a set for my desk at work. They also had a full on press party while we froze our balls off in the cold- Me being myself and about 30 people. I bet they had a nice multiplayer competition and gave some stuff away, but I had to be at work in the morning. I also got a shirt, which isn't pictured, it's black with the logo.
Yeah you can has!
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2009, 08:35:58 PM »
The Kubricks were very funny looking, I was hoping to score a set for my desk at work. They also had a full on press party while we froze our balls off in the cold- Me being myself and about 30 people. I bet they had a nice multiplayer competition and gave some stuff away, but I had to be at work in the morning. I also got a shirt, which isn't pictured, it's black with the logo.
Yeah you can has!

Yay! Thanks Mr. TheFleece! Your my NWR hero of the day.  ;D
My Game Collection

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2009, 01:20:54 AM »
Wow this game seems to be getting lots of praise. I'm not generally a fan of GTA games but I'm considering it.. anyone played it yet?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline SirSniffy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2009, 10:43:39 AM »
Holy crap! The Nintendo world store went all out I see...such cool stuff! I am getting the game this weekend, a lot of firsts for the Nintendo DS this year...first GTA, First Suikoden...I think it's the best console out right now(no offense Wii).

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2009, 01:14:21 PM »
Holy crap! The Nintendo world store went all out I see...such cool stuff! I am getting the game this weekend, a lot of firsts for the Nintendo DS this year...first GTA, First Suikoden...I think it's the best console out right now(no offense Wii).

Well GTA1 and GTA2 did come out for the GBC and there was a GBA GTA game. The GBA Grand Theft Auto was mediocre and I don't know about the gameboy color games.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:16:41 PM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2009, 01:35:52 PM »
The GBC version was basically a straight port, but the music and sound were real bad. The language weapons and missions were the same, but there was a glitch in mine that wouldn't allow me to beat it. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.
Wow this game seems to be getting lots of praise. I'm not generally a fan of GTA games but I'm considering it.. anyone played it yet?
I've spent every free and waking moment to play and I'm having a hard time letting people know how good it is because I'm so busy having fun. It's a really well done game for the DS and if you're not really a fan though I'm not sure what to tell you- It's an uncompromised GTA that meets every standard from the previous games.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2009, 04:45:21 PM »
Here's our comic take on GTA: China Town Wars.  Enjoy!

www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2009, 12:39:08 AM »
I'm so busy having fun.

Basically, that's what happened when I got it earlier in the day, and opened the case.That was the fastest 3 hours of my life. Its cool that there's a map included, at least I won't get lost easily...

I haven't gotten into other GTA games since Vice City, since I felt overwhelmed by the shear depth of the follow-ups. There was just too much to do. But so far, its just right.

EDIT: If you haven't already done so, Jonny Metts has the friend code thread up. Put those numbers up!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:11:58 AM by Djunknown »
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2009, 02:51:51 AM »
The game is actually quite good though I find the people being as big as the cars kind of goofy, not game breaking but a bit distracting. Escaping the from the cops is so much better then ANY of the 3D GTA games, it is actually exciting when you are trying to ram the cop car into a wall in order to escape. Hopefully it is implemented in the next GTA. Can't say I'm overly thrilled though with some of the missions, the one I'm on I just can't get the motivation to finish (You have to steal 3 cars within a certain amount of time and drive them back).
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2009, 01:16:09 AM »
You have to steal 3 cars within a certain amount of time and drive them back

Yeah, that one took a while. I believe after you fail a few times, the game gives you more time to finish. Part of it is planning, and a little luck. I found that taking the closest, then the farthest, followed by the middle farthest worked for me.

This game is a time-sucker. After taking some cab missions, and just roaming the streets, 2 hours went by.

The dealing. Oh the 'pharmaceutical' dealing. I wish they could've put Curtis Mayfield's "Pusher man." It would've blended well with China-funk/hip-hop vibe...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2009, 02:14:02 AM »
You have to steal 3 cars within a certain amount of time and drive them back

Yeah, that one took a while. I believe after you fail a few times, the game gives you more time to finish. Part of it is planning, and a little luck. I found that taking the closest, then the farthest, followed by the middle farthest worked for me.

This game is a time-sucker. After taking some cab missions, and just roaming the streets, 2 hours went by.

The dealing. Oh the 'pharmaceutical' dealing. I wish they could've put Curtis Mayfield's "Pusher man." It would've blended well with China-funk/hip-hop vibe...

That is what I ended up doing, the side missions. The game is great in that it doesn't take itself too seriously, a big problem I had with GTAIV (and why I love Saints Row 2). Nothing is funnier then running over pedestrians as you are trying to "save lives" as the ambulance.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2009, 12:03:22 PM »
I really don't like that you can't access Ammu-Nation while in a house. Who goes outside to use a PDA to begin with? It makes no sense to me why Rockstar made this feature, but it drives me crazy.
Also I just want to say that my offer for goodies is only good for NWR Peoples and not sucka trolls. Don't bother writing me, you're just wasting your time :P
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2009, 01:47:27 PM »
So this game actually turned out good? I was curious about it and i might take the plunge if you guys recomend it
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »
Yes it did. At first, I was like, why did I buy this?  Then I got addicted just like I would with any GTA. Running from and shooting this cops is real fun.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »
Yes it did. At first, I was like, why did I buy this?  Then I got addicted just like I would with any GTA. Running from and shooting this cops is real fun.

Hm... can i get a second opinion? I haven't played Skate It since the first time i popped it into my wii, and i wasn't too keen on Bully either so i can't trust Daamans taste in games ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2009, 02:14:43 PM »
It's the best reviewed DS game ever.

It's probably at least half-way decent.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!