Author Topic: Mirror's Edge  (Read 19508 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Re: Mirror's Edge
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2009, 09:44:59 AM »
There were some obscenely frustrating parts, but I thought overall it was still worth playing.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2009, 10:03:44 AM »
I got the game on steam and I loved it from beginning to end. Now the idea of implementing the walljump in Metroid a la mirror's edge is great.  I can't believe I didn't think about that. Still, I don't really hate the Metroid Prime method, the only problem was the game loved pointing out the obvious surfaces, you should really be able to use it in any facing surfaces that are somewhat flat.

Actually, I loved the power so much that I overused it a lot specially in boss battles, and against emperor ing it was pretty amazing, sometimes you collided with the emperor in the right angle which made samus bounce dramatically, almost touching the ceiling, it was pretty epic.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2009, 01:22:27 PM »
"Actually, I loved the power so much that I overused it a lot specially in boss battles, and against emperor ing it was pretty amazing, sometimes you collided with the emperor in the right angle which made samus bounce dramatically, almost touching the ceiling, it was pretty epic."

I'm happy to hear someone understood its use.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NovaQ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • dudeldopp
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »
I got the game on steam and I loved it from beginning to end. Now the idea of implementing the walljump in Metroid a la mirror's edge is great.  I can't believe I didn't think about that. Still, I don't really hate the Metroid Prime method, the only problem was the game loved pointing out the obvious surfaces, you should really be able to use it in any facing surfaces that are somewhat flat.

That's one of the things that bugged me about it, too. How organic can a Metroid game be when it not only seriously limits where you may use a sweet ability, but makes it dead obvious where those few places are? Hopping around open spaces and murdering enemies with it is a start to implementing a satisfying level of freedom, but it could've gone so much further.

Actually, I loved the power so much that I overused it a lot specially in boss battles, and against emperor ing it was pretty amazing, sometimes you collided with the emperor in the right angle which made samus bounce dramatically, almost touching the ceiling, it was pretty epic.

Wow, I've got to try that.
I like to do drawings.
Blaarg
Wii: 7332 2646 9948 9927

Hello new job, goodbye life...

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2009, 11:57:19 PM »
I used the Screw Attack in combat all the time in Echoes.  It's invaluable against Emperor Ing, as mantidor said.  Not only does it make you invincible while using it, but if you get lucky and make contact with the boss, he will take a TON of damage.

I also used Screw Attack often against the Rezbit enemies.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »
Check out the official 2D Flash version of Mirror's Edge:

http://www.bornegames.com/mirrors-edge-beta/

I think it's more fun than the real thing...
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2009, 03:44:53 PM »
Check out the official 2D Flash version of Mirror's Edge:

http://www.bornegames.com/mirrors-edge-beta/

I think it's more fun than the real thing...

Omg bring that game to WiiWare please.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile