Author Topic: Adventures in Hoboton.  (Read 9346 times)

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Adventures in Hoboton.
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:47:09 PM »
While waiting in line for the Xbox 360 launch at a Toys R Us, a local homeless man approached us.  The rest of the line all shunned him and looked away as to avoid conversation, leaving me and my friend standing there hoping he didn't stab us.  He asked us "What are you guys waiting for?"

We explained that we were waiting for the Xbox 360 video game console.  My dumbass friend then proceeded to ask the hobo "Are you going to get one?"

The hobo exclaimed, "WHERE THE HELL AM I GOING TO PUT IT?!"

At this point I was sure that we were going to be hobo-stabbed.  Fortunately the hobo seemed to have a sense of humor and just carried along with his hobo business.

Anybody else have any other interesting hobo stories to share?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 04:17:46 PM by Maverick »
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Hoboton.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 10:04:07 PM »
I was the hobo and I regret not stabbing you to this day.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:14:50 PM »
That explains a lot, actually.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 10:29:11 PM »
I thought this topic was going to be about GoNintendo for some reason...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:12:01 PM »
I thought it was going to be about the new Hobbit movie.

Maverick had a dream he was Bilbo Baggins, and he happened across a ring while escaping the Golum. Then a dragon showed up and spilled bile all over him. Before he knew it, he was growing funny hairs out of his back and his fingers were falling off.

What wierd dreams Maverick has.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 12:06:56 AM »
Are you the Dream Police?

Get 'em out of my head!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 02:02:02 AM »
This might be one of the top five stories ever told on these forums.

Minnie the Moocher being #1 of course.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 03:19:03 AM »
I remember was back in the 90's I was working at K-Mart, supporting myself and barely getting by. There was a hobo who stood out on the street corner with a sign. A coworker struck up a conversation with him and the hobo said he lived in a tent up north and couldn't work because he had a bad back. He got a government check each month for $600. At the time I was making about $550 a month from Kmart. I wanted to hit that hobo with my crappy car.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 09:58:17 AM »
I flipped off hobo hiding behind his sign trying to make a cell phone call.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 12:18:31 PM »

Funny, I was sure that my roommate story tops the hobo one.

I remember was back in the 90's I was working at K-Mart, supporting myself and barely getting by. There was a hobo who stood out on the street corner with a sign. A coworker struck up a conversation with him and the hobo said he lived in a tent up north and couldn't work because he had a bad back. He got a government check each month for $600. At the time I was making about $550 a month from Kmart. I wanted to hit that hobo with my crappy car.

Where did his $600 dollar check go to?  "123 Tent On A Hill Dr."?

I flipped off hobo hiding behind his sign trying to make a cell phone call.

You must ever be on the lookout for the ever present "False Hobo".

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 01:07:19 PM »
I donno, a PO Box, maybe a relatives address, maybe a caseworker got it to him.

I prefer the rail-traveling country hobo myself. I've known people who lived that life for a while.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 03:31:27 PM »
I honest to god lived out of my car for a whole summer. It was great, except the part about begging for food. But I had my sister for that part so I managed to get by.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 12:50:16 PM »

Funny, I was sure that my roommate story tops the hobo one.

i'll agree with you since i didnt hear about Minnie the Moocher...

I honest to god lived out of my car for a whole summer. It was great, except the part about begging for food. But I had my sister for that part so I managed to get by.

i'm not gonna go there....

Here's my hobo story (one of many i assure you...)

I was 18 at the time and didn't own a car yet so i was taking the public bus to work on a hot summer day. The bus stop isn't very far from where i live, but its on a main strip that has a lot of small businesses, and the stop closest was in front of some sort of rehabilitation center and there were always weird characters hanging out in front.. some looked mentally challenge and some looked fine but then they'd speak and you can tell that crack or whatever drug of choice they were on fried their brain.

So i'm waiting at this bus stop because the rehab center has these stone slabs meant for siting, and they were in the shade so a cold seat was welcome on such a hot day. Two seats down there was a guy who was clearly homeless. A few minutes after sitting there, minding my own business listening to my cd player, i can see that this hobo had started talking to me even though i wasn't paying attention and couldn't hear anything. I felt bad so i pulled a headphone down and said "what?"

he was in mid-sentance saying "i'm not doing nothing. You look like a good kid. Some of these kids... they... these kids kick me in my sleep. I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING! i'm just trying to sleep and these kids come and kick me but not you... i've never seen you around but you look like a good kid. I'm afriad every night i try to go to sleep cuz they try to mess with me but you're a good kick I'M NOT DOING NOTHING"

at this point i'm staring at my watch wondering why the bus is late. I excuse myself to get up to check the schedule and he's still going on and on about how kids beat him and throw things at him cuz he's homeless. I felt bad... plus it was too hot outside of the shade so i sat back down. I'm sitting there, nodding to everything he says. We're on a corner mind you, in front of a street light when a cop car stops at a red light.. The bum see's the cop car and stops mid sentance to scream out to them "I'M NOT DOING NOTHING WE'RE JUST TALKING I AINT DO SH*T" then whispers "i'm not botherin nobody, you know you look like a good kid i don't have to be 'fraid of you"

The bus came, i said 'gotta go' and he thanked me for listening and put his hand out....
i felt reall really bad so i extended mine to him. His hands were so dirty but i did it, i shook his hand and hopped on my bus. i made sure not to touch anything with that hand till i got to a bathroom and washed it
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 01:54:26 PM »
You're a good kid, EasyCure, he had no reason to be 'fraid of you.  HE AIN'T DO ****!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 02:30:44 PM »
there was another time at that same bus stop (later that week actually) when i was sitting there, waiting for the bus and drinking water and some woman sitting next to me starts begging for some water. She was sitting there smoking, and started complaining her mouth was so dry. She asked if she could have some water. I said "no i'm sorry, i only have this one bottle." She asked if i could just pour her some in her empty bottle, i did since my bus was coming and i just wanted to get it over with. I pour it in, she drinks and goes "maaan thats good. thanks.... (looks around) wanna smoke some of this?"

i dont think i need to mention she wasnt smoking a cigarette...
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 02:51:06 PM »
So did you take a hit or what?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 03:28:04 PM »
no i dont smoke

this one time a saw a drunk guy crossing the street and he stopped in the middle clucking like a chicken.. it was more one of those 'you had to be there' stories.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 03:47:14 PM »
<-- Looks at EasyCure's location.

"Yonkers... Okay, let's make a note to never go THERE."

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 05:22:37 PM »
:( but what if i hold a tournement with fabulous prizes???

nah, i wouldnt expect you guys to come. I keep sending letters to the mayor to please change the cities name to Bonkers so passers thru know to stay away.

but we're not all bad..., see?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 05:36:07 PM by EasyCure »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 10:22:08 PM »
While waiting outside a club one Saturday night, RAPPING HOBO. 'Nuff said.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 10:27:17 PM »
oh yeah?

Subway ride with Comedian Hobo, multiple sightings.

Gets on, announces everyone he's homeless, starts telling jokes:

"you know i heard michael jackson was sent to the hospital, supposed to be really really sick. Yeah, turns out he ate a ten year old weenie!"

laughs, and jingles the little bit of change he had in his cup.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 10:36:05 PM »
I'm so glad I started this thread.  You guys have truly enriched my life with your tales of hobodom.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 10:41:15 PM »
more to come, trust me. ;)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 02:53:42 AM »
Yonkers notable people:
# David Berkowitz, serial killer known as "Son of Sam"

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 04:19:04 AM »
We have two famous hobos in Medford: Downtown Dan and the dude that practically lives in Starbucks. Both of them are nuts, but one of them is actually insane.

I have hobo stories from Portland, but, meh, they're just awkward. Like a homeless guy threatened me physically by pretending he was going to punch me in the face after I didn't want to buy a bus ticket from him (was waiting for a bus just like EasyCure). And another one stole my lighter after I gave him a cigarette. I started to walk away, and he was like "aww man I'm sorry take your lighter," then he threatened me loudly and called me names as I walked away.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog