Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 495939 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #2525 on: August 13, 2009, 06:30:04 PM »
I guess the problem is FPSs are inherently too ridiculous by convention to utilize extra movements.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BwrJim!

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: August 13, 2009, 07:53:47 PM »
you know what my favorite items menu fuction was in what game?  Turok Rage Wars with the hat switch style operation!

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: August 13, 2009, 08:32:05 PM »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1013201p1.html

looks like the listen..

hehe j/k

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 14, 2009, 01:27:06 PM »
lol this is hilarious to me, I used all default settings and had no problems at all. The only thing I changed was I put melee on nunchuck waggle and bombs on plus.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: August 14, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
I hated how your view turned back when your cursor returns to the center in the default setting and the up/down aim is limited to 50° or so.

Anyway, HVS talked about some licensed game they're doing that's inspired by Bionic commando but it looks like it's PSP, PS2 and Wii cross-platform.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 14, 2009, 02:55:29 PM »
lol this is hilarious to me, I used all default settings and had no problems at all. The only thing I changed was I put melee on nunchuck waggle and bombs on plus.

I still haven't changed anything from the default settings. I only want to up my turn speed and increase the viewing arc above 50 degrees.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 14, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »
i maximized the thrust wiimote setting as not to spaz out in melee attacks, turned the bounding box to a letterbox to help match the tv and thats about it. I also might of put everything else at 50%

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2532 on: August 14, 2009, 03:37:49 PM »
After experiencing MP3, I knew exactly what I wanted to change.  The Defaults are inadequate.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: August 14, 2009, 04:58:46 PM »
Anyway, HVS talked about some licensed game they're doing that's inspired by Bionic commando but it looks like it's PSP, PS2 and Wii cross-platform.

I suppose that game is "inspired" by Bionic Commando in much the same way as The Conduit was "inspired" by Goldeneye/Halo and The Grinder is "inspired" by Left 4 Dead?  Sheesh, does this company have a single original idea (jury's still out on Gladiator.  I'm sure it rips something off, but I just haven't found it yet)?

As the The Conduit's controls, I would have appreciated more default settings as well.  Even knowing what most of the settings did (and I'll wager most people don't), I had a lot of trouble finding a setting that worked right for me.  Even having a default at Metroid Prime 3 controls would have been a good start.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:02:17 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: August 14, 2009, 05:02:02 PM »

I suppose that game is "inspired" by Bionic Commando in much the same way as The Conduit was "inspired" by Goldeneye/Halo and The Grinder is "inspired" by Left 4 Dead?  Good Lord, does this company have a single original idea (jury's still out on Gladiator.  I'm sure it rips something off, but I just haven't found it yet)?

Sounds like virtually every other developer out there. Seriously HVS isn't the only one that does it. It is asinine to act like they are somehow worse then others in that aspect.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: August 14, 2009, 05:04:19 PM »

I suppose that game is "inspired" by Bionic Commando in much the same way as The Conduit was "inspired" by Goldeneye/Halo and The Grinder is "inspired" by Left 4 Dead?  Good Lord, does this company have a single original idea (jury's still out on Gladiator.  I'm sure it rips something off, but I just haven't found it yet)?

Sounds like virtually every other developer out there. Seriously HVS isn't the only one that does it. It is asinine to act like they are somehow worse then others in that aspect.

Perhaps, but they just seem so much more blatant about it than most companies.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: August 14, 2009, 05:11:21 PM »

Perhaps, but they just seem so much more blatant about it.

Uh huh. They may state they are being inspired more often but that is the main difference. Halo was inspired by Tribes/Goldeneye, PD was inspired by Goldeneye which was inspired by the FPS genre on PC, almost every blasted FPS coming out was inspired by Half-Life, Godfather/Saints Row/Crackdown inspired by GTA3, and I could go on and on.

At least HVS is being inspired stuff now that isn't extremely common. I'd love to see more games like L4D, and the Bionic Commando style may be interesting if done right.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:13:49 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: August 14, 2009, 05:42:10 PM »
i maximized the thrust wiimote setting as not to spaz out in melee attacks, turned the bounding box to a letterbox to help match the tv and thats about it. I also might of put everything else at 50%

Make the melee attacks nunchuck waggle. The Grenades "plus" and ASE wiimote waggle. Best config.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2538 on: August 14, 2009, 07:35:47 PM »
"plus"?  are you mad?  nothing should go there.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: August 14, 2009, 07:44:57 PM »
The Conduit was "inspired" by Goldeneye/Halo
\

I don't see what you're getting at. In terms of aesthetic, The Conduit is FAR more like Perfect Dark than either of those, and it's not like it could even be accused of copying or anything. It's a shooter. You shoot things. There's only so much you can do with that. Accusing it of being a rip-off is just silly.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: August 15, 2009, 02:45:25 AM »

I suppose that game is "inspired" by Bionic Commando in much the same way as The Conduit was "inspired" by Goldeneye/Halo and The Grinder is "inspired" by Left 4 Dead?  Sheesh, does this company have a single original idea (jury's still out on Gladiator.  I'm sure it rips something off, but I just haven't found it yet)?

It's a licensed game anyway. In the interview the HVS guy said he believes people who buy licensed games want familiar gameplay elements so that's not an area to get really creative in.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: August 15, 2009, 09:37:35 AM »
After experiencing MP3, I knew exactly what I wanted to change.  The Defaults are inadequate.

I want more of a "lock-on lock on" like MP1-3 than what The Condiment has with its wavering style. In online matches i sometimes shooting in another direction entirely (usually coz i throw a grenade and i'm not thinking quickly enough) and i end up dying anyway.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: August 16, 2009, 05:04:16 AM »
Stop sucking.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: August 16, 2009, 06:23:56 AM »
*looks at The Conduit*

STOP LAGGING!

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: August 16, 2009, 10:59:14 AM »
" It is asinine to act like they are somehow worse then others in that aspect."  once was old is new again..

Melee attack on the nunchuk and plus on the grenades sounds really really good..   I dont know if it will help with my aiming though, every now and then my grenades bounce off the cieling and come right back at me   >.<

Offline JRNN

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: August 16, 2009, 11:00:54 AM »
" It is asinine to act like they are somehow worse then others in that aspect."  once was old is new again..

Melee attack on the nunchuk and plus on the grenades sounds really really good..   I dont know if it will help with my aiming though, every now and then my grenades bounce off the cieling and come right back at me   >.<
What goes around comes around? :P
Wii code: 1340 9783 6020 9299
Brawl code: 3007 8097 2212 Game Name ~Ryan~
Mario Kart Wii:4768-8117-9896 Game Name ~Ryan~
Conduit:0173-9250-8313 Game Name ~Ryan~
Pst me if you add me please.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: August 16, 2009, 11:04:05 AM »
Never had any control problems and I'm using the default.  I guess people love to complain about something.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: August 16, 2009, 11:45:04 AM »
every now and then my grenades bounce off the cieling and come right back at me   >.<

If you use a button it autoaims the grenades so they land where you aim, if that's too far away the trajectory clips through the ceiling.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: August 16, 2009, 01:54:47 PM »

In a way Gladiator reminds me of a really bad Punch-Out.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: August 16, 2009, 01:57:07 PM »
"If you use a button it autoaims the grenades so they land where you aim, if that's too far away the trajectory clips through the ceiling"
seriously?   SERIOUSLY???   wow, hidden feature.