Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 495949 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #2075 on: July 07, 2009, 05:13:22 PM »
I still haven't changed from the default.

I changed my bounding box size, bumped up the sensitivity a bit, and max'd the vertical look constraints. Would like a better control for my melee attack, as currently it spazzes out my view when I try to smash someone. Ends up in a lot of flailing around... :P

Here is what I Have (from what I can remember)

weapon change is mapped to Wii remote motion, gernade nunchuck still, melee A button, shoot b button, lock on down on control pad.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 07, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »

I changed my bounding box size, bumped up the sensitivity a bit, and max'd the vertical look constraints. Would like a better control for my melee attack, as currently it spazzes out my view when I try to smash someone. Ends up in a lot of flailing around... :P

weapon change is mapped to Wii remote motion, gernade nunchuck still, melee A button, shoot b button, lock on down on control pad.

What do you do for jump?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 07, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »

What do you do for jump?

I use the back trigger on the nunchuck

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 07, 2009, 05:16:52 PM »
btw, I'll post this in the appropriate thread as well, but here's my Conduit FC: 3051 - 5637 - 4480.

EDIT: Fixed
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:53:20 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 07, 2009, 05:17:12 PM »
You can increase your vertical look?!? Looks like I have to change soon, then.

Yea... I will definitely have to change vertical look. It always seems the flying things are just out of view

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 07, 2009, 05:42:57 PM »
Any cheap UK deals on this yets?

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 07, 2009, 05:50:17 PM »
Grr...I was partway through the second level (I was at the part with the gas tanks) when suddenly my controls started spazzing out, my view was all blurry, and I couldn't access my Pause Menu anymore.  My nunchuck had been acting up earlier, so I decided to reset the game and see if it was all working right again.  Well, **** when I selected my profile on the start screen I accidentally deleted it, which also deletes all your saved Friend Codes and promotional codes.  Now I also have to reconfigure the controls again.  ****!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: July 07, 2009, 05:55:50 PM »
Grr...I was partway through the second level (I was at the part with the gas tanks) when suddenly my controls started spazzing out, my view was all blurry, and I couldn't access my Pause Menu anymore.  My nunchuck had been acting up earlier, so I decided to reset the game and see if it was all working right again.  Well, **** when I selected my profile on the start screen I accidentally deleted it, which also deletes all your saved Friend Codes and promotional codes.  Now I also have to reconfigure the controls again.  ****!

Karma.

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 07, 2009, 06:00:52 PM »

Karma.

**** Karma.  Mario Sunshine still sucks.   ;)

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: July 07, 2009, 06:48:48 PM »
After (again) putting in a whole slew of Codes of all sorts, I've managed to work my way back up to the third level and I think I finally have the controls where they work well for me.  The turning speed still isn't quite where I'd like it, but it's serviceable now.  I've relegated Melee to the 1 button, since I don't think that's going to get much use anyway (though I would have liked to put it on a button that would) unless Jump is barely used at all in the entire game (which is currently set to the C button right now).  I also followed GoldenPhoenix's lead and set Change Weapons to the Wiimote Thrust, which does work very well indeed.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: July 07, 2009, 07:06:10 PM »
You need melee in online thats for sure. Only things I have changed are sensitivity up, bounding box is smallest it can be. Melee is Nunchuck motion, + is grenade, and SE is Wiimote motion since I won't use it online.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 07, 2009, 07:14:38 PM »
You need melee in online thats for sure. Only things I have changed are sensitivity up, bounding box is smallest it can be. Melee is Nunchuck motion, + is grenade, and SE is Wiimote motion since I won't use it online.

What about jumping?  I haven't even seen a reason to use it in Single-Player yet, let alone Multiplayer.  I'd like to have Melee on a button I actually use, but I just can't find a place for it that I don't need for something else.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 07, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
What about jumping?  I haven't even seen a reason to use it in Single-Player yet, let alone Multiplayer.  I'd like to have Melee on a button I actually use, but I just can't find a place for it that I don't need for something else.

Jumping has a major use in multiplayer if you want to stay alive.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: July 07, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »
Yep you jump then punch to live....
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: July 07, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »
High Voltage needs to fire their level designers before they really start serious work on The Grinder.  The Jefferson Memorial...good grief.  5 Conduits with drones continually spawning out of them (with drones already in place) with explosive drones as well vs...you and 2 health kits scattered around the area.  I've tried this at least a dozen times now, and although I can take out a couple of those conduits they always manage to slaughter me in the process.  Yeah, I have a rocket launcher...so what?  I can't get within decent firing range without getting slaughtered.  Ditto for grenades.

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: July 07, 2009, 08:47:46 PM »
that was one of the hardest moments i know of so far... I am only on the 7th level though.

But yea i tried it about a dozen times. i eventually got it. I guess its just luck of the draw

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: July 07, 2009, 08:57:50 PM »
that was one of the hardest moments i know of so far... I am only on the 7th level though.

But yea i tried it about a dozen times. i eventually got it. I guess its just luck of the draw

Yeah, I finally managed to get past it, but it was pure luck when I managed to get past the guards and take out 3 of the Conduits, and then managed to barely slog my way out to the medkit over by the Human ammo stockpile outside the memorial.  And apparently I didn't find all the secret messages (I did find all the Trust Datas) so I'm going to have to go back through that level again later.  Oh joy.  And I scoured that level top to bottom, finding 3 messages and no sign of any others.

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: July 07, 2009, 09:00:37 PM »
Yea i remember that whole battle consisted of my on almost zero health just running as fast as i could, bashing the drudge, and praying for Health Packs.

As for the Messages/Data Disks I really haven't cared much for collecting them. I usually just let them go. If i want to i will replay at some point and collect them then.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: July 07, 2009, 09:23:24 PM »
High Voltage needs to fire their level designers before they really start serious work on The Grinder.  The Jefferson Memorial...good grief.  5 Conduits with drones continually spawning out of them (with drones already in place) with explosive drones as well vs...you and 2 health kits scattered around the area.  I've tried this at least a dozen times now, and although I can take out a couple of those conduits they always manage to slaughter me in the process.  Yeah, I have a rocket launcher...so what?  I can't get within decent firing range without getting slaughtered.  Ditto for grenades.

Oh god I hated that part. It was sooo annoying. I was ready to yell at the TV.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 07, 2009, 09:38:41 PM »
You know, I've watched a couple demonstrations of that area online, and it doesn't really seem that difficult...
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 08, 2009, 01:23:12 AM »
You know, I've watched a couple demonstrations of that area online, and it doesn't really seem that difficult...

*raises eyebrow*

And yet you haven't done it yourself?  What was that about "ignorance" you were prattling on about in another topic?   ;)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: July 08, 2009, 01:32:07 AM »
I'm 75% through the game and the Jefferson memorial is the hardest area so far. You have to cover a lot of ground with constantly spawning enemies to take out the conduits and this isn't Doom; you don't move very fast.

Offline BwrJim!

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: July 08, 2009, 02:21:19 AM »
melee is great for when you are blind and the enemy is near, great retreat device..  crouching works well in some areas that you want to hold down.. it also makes you a smaller target.  I was playing with the control setup and one thing to note.. there is horizontal tweak and a cursor tweak.  I bumped one of those to about 80 and it felt REAL REAL GOOD.  So just keep in mind that features overlap, or perhaps even, maybe are called out incorrectly..

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: July 08, 2009, 10:54:30 AM »
i'm curious about the secrets in the game.

I got a tiny % of the secret messages.

I got maybe 75% of the Blue Things.

If I go back into my file and look for them will the ones I already found be gone or will it reset ? If I only have 2 blue things left in a level will only 2 exist in the level now ? Or what ??

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: July 08, 2009, 11:14:02 AM »
The Jefferson Memorial is pretty hard. I mentioned that a couple pages back I think. There is a trick to pretty much just blasting through it, you just need to be wary of your position, and where the closest health packs are (I think there are actually 3 of them).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA