Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 495938 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #1075 on: April 20, 2009, 12:59:47 PM »
That's not fair. Any press that compares the Conduit to 360 and or PC graphics as a means to judge the graphics is an idiot. Instead, use Mario Galaxy or MP3.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 20, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »
That's not fair. Any press that compares the Conduit to 360 and or PC graphics as a means to judge the graphics is an idiot. Instead, use Mario Galaxy or MP3.

Its not but arent the gaming "media" still comparing other games to PS360 titles anyway? I know the last non-NWR review i read threw in one of the seemingly obligitory "while the art style is good, the limitations of the wii blah blah blah woulda looked better on an HD platform"
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1077 on: April 20, 2009, 01:26:01 PM »
I definately would not say GTAIV is a bad game, but the perfect scores show how enamored the gaming media is with pretty games. I'm afraid that with High Voltage pushing the visuals so much in all their press information that the press will actually put more importance on comparing the visuals to 360/PC instead of Wii games.

HVS knows that talking about graphics is a cheap way to grab those first-day sales.  They'll withhold talk on the gameplay, for better or worse (better, if people are pleasantly surprised the game plays very well).
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1078 on: April 20, 2009, 01:39:22 PM »

Its not but arent the gaming "media" still comparing other games to PS360 titles anyway? I know the last non-NWR review i read threw in one of the seemingly obligitory "while the art style is good, the limitations of the wii blah blah blah woulda looked better on an HD platform"

Yeah, why the **** bother including that kind of statement.  They have a Wii knowing it's not an HD platform.  Feasibility doesn't cross their minds?  Where are the complaints about PSX games not reaching the technical scope/depth of Ocarina of Time?

I guess I should approach reviews like

"while the font style is good, the limitations of the reviewer blah blah blah woulda written a better article had they have been a good writer, a player that can actually play video games, and someone with a realistic understanding of gameplay and game machine technology"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 20, 2009, 01:40:04 PM »
I want every 360/PS3 review to state that it would look better on a PC.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: April 20, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »
I want every game to get a 1/10 in graphics with a "would look better on a hypothetical holodeck" qualification.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 20, 2009, 02:58:08 PM »
I already pre-ordered it a month ago, when I still had money.  Amazon has become a good friend of mine recently. 

???  Amazon doesn't charge you until they ship the game.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 20, 2009, 03:25:25 PM »
I want every 360/PS3 review to state that it would look better on a PC.

As do I... As do I...
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 20, 2009, 07:42:25 PM »
This is why I could never be a reviewer, as all of my reviews would say something like "this game would be better if it had Mario in it."

My point? Everyone has a personal preference, and this, I believe, doesn't factor into a true reviewer's score of a game.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 20, 2009, 07:48:55 PM »

Yeah, why the **** bother including that kind of statement.  They have a Wii knowing it's not an HD platform.  Feasibility doesn't cross their minds?  Where are the complaints about PSX games not reaching the technical scope/depth of Ocarina of Time?

"while the font style is good, the limitations of the reviewer blah blah blah woulda written a better article had they have been a good writer, a player that can actually play video games, and someone with a realistic understanding of gameplay and game machine technology"

What the hell, did i make pro mad?
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 20, 2009, 07:52:34 PM »
You make me mad Dalton.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 20, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »
You make me mad Dalton.

is that anything like Dalton-mad? cuz people die when me and my moist homies get Dalton-mad...

not that i'm threatening you, just sayin...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1087 on: April 20, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »

You don't, the media does.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 20, 2009, 08:52:03 PM »

You don't, the media does.

phew! you're one dude/daisy i'd never wanna get mad.. not sure why its your weirdness*

it makes me mad too though >:[ I can't wait for this game to come out so i can play the **** out of it ust to spite the media.. or something

*odd because your weirdness is hwat makes me like you as a poster

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 20, 2009, 08:55:16 PM »
Easycure makes me mad.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 20, 2009, 09:59:19 PM »
Easycure makes me mad.

who doesn't though :p

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 20, 2009, 10:17:30 PM »
Easycure makes me mad.

Mingy? hehe

Anyway, I really hope the wait hasn't been for nothing. This game is vying for the title of "Definite Wii FPS." I hope it at least plays well.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 20, 2009, 10:23:24 PM »
Easycure makes me mad.

Mingy? hehe

Anyway, I really hope the wait hasn't been for nothing. This game is vying for the title of "Definite Wii FPS." I hope it at least plays well.

that's all i'm hoping as well. I don't carea bout the graphics so long as i can tell what i'm shotting at and where i'm being shot from, i just want the damn thing to play well.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1093 on: April 22, 2009, 01:33:09 PM »
I do have hopes for this games.  I hope that when I shoot a human enemy at point-blank range with an assault rifle, that the game provides a visual indication (some animation) that the bullet actually met and damaged the target, unlike the craptastic programming found in last gen's 007 shooters, which scarred me for life.

This is one reason why RE4 is so satisfying.  Even with just a pistol, you can get feedback from every shot, making it a joy to shoot a regular enemy in different places as they try to approach you, letting time pass between each shot just so you can see them flop around and animate.

[Detective Washington] "SHOOT TO MAIM!"

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 22, 2009, 02:34:33 PM »
I do have hopes for this games.  I hope that when I shoot a human enemy at point-blank range with an assault rifle, that the game provides a visual indication (some animation) that the bullet actually met and damaged the target, unlike the craptastic programming found in last gen's 007 shooters, which scarred me for life.

This is one reason why RE4 is so satisfying.  Even with just a pistol, you can get feedback from every shot, making it a joy to shoot a regular enemy in different places as they try to approach you, letting time pass between each shot just so you can see them flop around and animate.

This makes me even more weary to ever want to meet Pro IRL

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: April 22, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »
I think it would be fun.
His language already is very infectious. I can't look at the title Silent Hill Shattered Memories in the same light ever again. I almost changed the title of the thread to reflect the way he says it.

It would be fun to play Conduit with him and discussing the merit of Lotion Puss.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 22, 2009, 07:05:41 PM »

This makes me even more weary to ever want to meet Pro IRL

LMAO

I was thinking the same thing.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 22, 2009, 10:06:59 PM »
Let's ask Rabicle if Pro talks like this in real life. Cause that would be awesome. It seems to be a combination of:

Dwight Schrute
Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters
Bobcat Goldthwait

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 23, 2009, 10:26:55 AM »
Let's ask Rabicle if Pro talks like this in real life. Cause that would be awesome. It seems to be a combination of:

Dwight Schrute  <--- (I don't know who this is)
Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters
Bobcat Goldthwait

Besides the one exception i've noted above, that sounds awesome and completely changes my opinion. Now i'd love to hang out with Pro IRL.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 23, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »