Author Topic: HULA HOOPS Tournament. The last round has arrived!  (Read 41351 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: HULA HOOPS Tournament. Round one and two have begun!
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2008, 10:30:42 AM »
Weren't you paying attention?  Ceric just had a baby, forcing him to drop out of the tourney.  We're back to an odd number.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2008, 11:53:35 AM »
Actually, Shecky, you could jump in and fill the byes, but you'd need to play the matches pretty quickly.  I don't have a problem with it, but since it's farther into the start of the tournament, if someone else has an issue with a delay, though I doubt they would, I guess you couldn't be in.

So, if you want to play, you should message the two players with byes and see when you can match them.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2008, 02:28:30 PM »
Hey, and don't blame the stage, give me some credit - I was doing well that first round.:P

I'm not questioning your Pika skills, but the level killed YOU a couple times as well, if I'm not mistaken.

So yeah, that whole match would've gone differently if not for the level.

It's a shame: when I first saw that stage in videos, I thought it looked really neat, but in practice, it's just a horrible, horrible stage.

I still can't believe I survived that. There was one point when I got the smash ball and was thinking, "Crap, I'm probably going to get myself killed with this." like I have in the past. When I was Up+B-ing through the platform while changing back to Bowser, I was stunned I lived.

You're one of the more evil 'chus I've dealt with, that's for sure.

I bet you got some laughs out of that - your "Doh!" taunt is very fitting:)

It was more like "phew!", actually.

But the "Doh" taunt is pretty much the most appropriate for any situation. It applies so often when someone dies because the game does something stupid.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:07:11 PM by Smash_Brother »
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2008, 03:10:50 PM »
Ya I am not a big fan of the Kid Icarus level either...
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2008, 04:21:22 PM »
I'm generally not a fan of any stage where you spend more time fighting the level than you do the other players.

That includes 75m, Mario Bros., Big Blue, the Kid Icarus level because everything you do destroys the level from beneath you, Jungle Falls, etc.

For people who are going to chastise me for disliking these, remember that every additional random element which must be tracked from Wii to Wii further lags the game. I've played with a group of four players without lag, then the next round went to 75m and started lagging like crazy.

I'm not at all averse to the Warioware level because it only occasionally has you do minigames.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2008, 05:30:32 PM »
I'm generally not a fan of any stage where you spend more time fighting the level than you do the other players.

That includes 75m, Mario Bros., Big Blue, the Kid Icarus level because everything you do destroys the level from beneath you, Jungle Falls, etc.

For people who are going to chastise me for disliking these, remember that every additional random element which must be tracked from Wii to Wii further lags the game. I've played with a group of four players without lag, then the next round went to 75m and started lagging like crazy.

I'm not at all averse to the Warioware level because it only occasionally has you do minigames.

I agree with a possible lag issue if your talking about internet lag.  I do love those other types of levels too the because of how much more interesting it can make fights. It also helps you measure a players greed.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2008, 06:09:14 PM »
I agree with you, SB.  A stage is no good, IMO, if you can't fight someone the entire time, and instead have to avoid things going on all the time.  However, some people are nuts over making sure that everything is completely left alone with what Sakurai made, so I left the rules alone.

Results were all technically due at 3:00 PM EST, but I'll extend the deadline to 9:00 PM EST because I didn't make that clear earlier.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
I messaged back Shecky that I could have a match with him, but today I'm just too tired from my job, and I'm going to be busy the next 2 weeks with school, so I'm just going to give up my bye.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
I messaged back Shecky that I could have a match with him, but today I'm just too tired from my job, and I'm going to be busy the next 2 weeks with school, so I'm just going to give up my bye.

No problem... just looking to get a few matches in really.

As for the levels, I actually like the Kid Icarus level quite a bit.  I've learned to leverage a few of it's unique traits. :)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
Let's do this:  Let's let Shecky in, but give him a penalty or something, since we've mostly gone through two rounds.  Should we let him in but give him a "loss?"  Is there any less significant of a penalty, or is that fair?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Let's let him in without a loss but get Pale to change his title to something demeaning.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
I really don't want in that badly

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
We want you in.  I like what Vudu said.  Anyways, it looks like Dasmos is broken, so if you can fight Pale or something, that works, too.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
This is all for fun.  I don't think anyone here is that serious about if you come in late.  (I know I'm not.)

I think thatguy should start to schedule the losers into a separate tournament so we can determine who the worst Brawl player is at NWR.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
I'll do that.  Once you get two losses, I'll move you to a losers bracket, where you play until you win.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
Re: HULA HOOPS Tournament. Round III has begun!
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2008, 10:25:22 PM »
Round III is up.

The losers tournament will not start yet, since Dasmos is broken.

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2008, 10:46:55 PM »
thatguy vs. Smash_Brother is going to be a big fight, looks like. I think Shecky should have to fight all three of us at once haha.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2008, 11:21:35 PM »
I've already done that and lost :)

Turned on teams with thatguy, hoping he'd stay on red and set the computer to green ... he picked green

Oh and no friendly fire

RESULT - FUN TIMES

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2008, 11:32:24 PM »
I really didn't know what you were going for then.  That's the only problem with no way to communicate.  Teams suck.

Anyways, I hope you saw that you're in this, Shecky.  You've got three matches to make up for the lost ground.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2008, 11:39:55 PM »
Anyways, I hope you saw that you're in this, Shecky.  You've got three matches to make up for the lost ground.

I did not notice the change... I was still trying to match up against Pale.  Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2008, 12:17:36 AM »
Let's do this:  Let's let Shecky in, but give him a penalty or something, since we've mostly gone through two rounds.  Should we let him in but give him a "loss?"  Is there any less significant of a penalty, or is that fair?

I've no objections.

We don't need to be tourneyfags about this, after all (we're already playing with items on random levels, heh).

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2008, 12:24:35 AM »
I let him in, he's playing three rounds, actually, in the period that most everyone else is playing one.  He's playing the bye'd players from the first two rounds.  Let's just hope he wins one of the first two matches, so everything isn't thrown off.

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2008, 01:15:47 AM »
I beat Shecky 2-1 the second match was a heart stopper.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2008, 01:17:31 AM »
Yeah no kidding, good games.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2008, 08:18:39 PM »
Smash_Brother tore me a new one this round.  0-2 against him, but the second match was much closer than the first, and came down to a smash ball.