Author Topic: should i buy the broadband adapter now?  (Read 2112 times)

Offline rubix

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
should i buy the broadband adapter now?
« on: April 01, 2003, 11:45:49 AM »
i just saw one at a toys 'r' us near me and this is the only time i have ever seen a place selling them. if i buy it now i won't have to worry about any shortages and then have it be impossible to find, like the dreamcast bb adapter. but on the other hand, i don't have phantasy star online, don't plan on ever getting it, and i am not sure if mario kart will be online... which is why i would want the bb adapter? should i buy it now or wait?

if i wait i'm afraid i'll never find it again, especially if a major game like mario kart is online. but if i buy it now then maybe later nintendo will start selling some new online game with the adapter for cheap and start making more adapters available. kinda like how after i bought my gamecube they started giving out free games and after i bought a gba they dropped the price.

Offline Gumbo1919

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 12:03:20 PM »
Don't waste your money...if nintendo desides to start making online games, then they will release another shipment of broadband adaptors.  I have one...but i play phantasy star online alot.  If you are not going to get ppo...then wait.
Nintendo is.....what Genesisnt.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 12:25:38 PM »
The better question is, do you mind losing 10 dollars in the long run? Somewhere down the road it will drop down to 25, just as the controllers did, but its just a matter of time. If you want to, just go ahead and buy it now if you don't mind losing ten dollars, if you do, wait a bit. Either way it will be a while until you get some actual use for it.  

Offline rubix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2003, 01:25:24 PM »
thanks. i'll just wait til more online games out out.

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 12:06:35 PM »
Why was it realeased at all if they havent lauched there online plans yet? Expecially so far in advance?  

Offline NickNiteQ93

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 12:58:30 PM »
AERO: Amen man.  I went looking for one just to go ahead and buy one.  But why???  I don't have any intrest at all in PPO, altho it does look like a cool game.  it's just, I barely have time to play Wind Waker, let alone some online game.  Plus I'm waiting patiently for an online FPS on GC, if that'll ever happen.
I think, therefore I wish.  I wish, therefore I'll never get.          

Life is long and hard, so rock out with your cock out.

Nobody is perfect. I am Nobody. Therefore I am perfect.