Author Topic: A Sad day for us  (Read 2605 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
A Sad day for us
« on: March 17, 2008, 12:59:39 AM »
One of the teenagers from our church died today. He was only 13 years old. This kid was pretty cool, he was the only kid in the entire church that went out of his way to shake everybody's hand. If anyone cares to say a prayer for his family that would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for bringing this up I just had it on my mind all day. Sad thing is I seen him around a lot and my parents knew him pretty good but I never knew his name until today.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Re: A Sad day for us
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 01:27:58 AM »
Oh man. People dying young is always the most tragic thing. Like. oh ****. This kid I used to hang out with, he was a year younger than me but he was best friends with the younger brother of my best mate and I was in teh same class as his twin sisters and sometimes we all hung out and ****. He, outta nowhere, hung himself when he was 12. The summer before starting highschool. The terrifying thing was that I saw him that day, and he seemed fine, we watched Austin Powers. It was jsut the biggest shock, no one knew what to do with themselves.

The other really tragic one was this guy, he was a few years older than me, a friend of the family and I'm not just saying this because he's dead, but he was the nicest bloke you'd ever meet. He was the kind of person who you could just count on and would go out of his ways to help others. Student Exec in high school, all that. For his high school ball (prom for yanks) he like, had stitched these LEDs into his suit and they'd flash as he danced, it was the coolest **** ever.
So the easter after he graduated highschool, not even 18 years of age, he was electrocuted when the sail mast on the family yacht hit some low lying powerlines. It's easter coming up soon and it's always a terrible time now for his family.

It's just feels like a massive loss of potential. They might not have been bigshot central community figures, but dammit, they could've been.

Anyway, I'm very sorry to hear of the loss to your church mate. I hope everyone can come together to cherish his memory, or something. Can I ask how he died?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 01:30:20 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:22:13 AM »
asthma. Thing is he was the only kid who shook my hand and welcomed me every week. It just came out of nowhere and caught me off guard. My dad's a deacon and my moms a sunday school teacher so they both new him pretty well and so it's hitting them pretty hard.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »
asthma. Thing is he was the only kid who shook my hand and welcomed me every week. It just came out of nowhere and caught me off guard. My dad's a deacon and my moms a sunday school teacher so they both new him pretty well and so it's hitting them pretty hard.

Wow dude that is terrible, I bet your church is doing his life justice though right?  A community including a church community can do a loss very well, and prove a life's value.  We are all thankful for that.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »
Asthma! WTF! I didn't know it could be lethal!
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 03:28:15 PM »

Asthma! WTF! I didn't know it could be lethal!
Why wouldnt it be.  I have serious asthma issues.  It restricts air to going to your lungs.  If you dont get enough oxygen you pass out or die. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 09:08:50 PM »
and now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Gi- Joe!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 09:25:51 PM »
Half the shock of death is due to a man realizing that he is, in fact, mortal...We all die, it's just a matter of when and how, and some of us get the short end of the stick...

As long as he enjoyed the short life he lived, I'm sure the young boy's death was not in vain...Enjoy life to the fullest, because who knows when it's our turn... :thumbsup;
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 10:46:12 PM »
Thing is, I've had to deal with death way more than I ever wanted to recently so this one didn't sting as much as it could have but I'm still adapting. What you say is very true, every time a friend passes on, it always makes me think what more could I have done to be a better friend and it makes me wonder when it is my turn to get off this pathetic rock. But I try not and get depressed anymore cuz it's not healthy.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 12:11:41 AM »
Well things ain't getting any better. Another close friend who had been battling cancer lost the fight early this morning. I think I am gonna take a break from the internet for a few days. I don't wanna end up saying something I'll regret latter on. peace.