Author Topic: "Brawl isn't a good game" ~ GameFaqs  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
"Brawl isn't a good game" ~ GameFaqs
« on: February 01, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »
Graphics: 4.0

"Seven years have passed since Melee. This is now 2008. I have this game hooked up to a widescreen TV with component cables. How does this compare to Crysis on 1024p with everything maxed? Very poor. This is the 2008, yet everything is only a very slight step ahead of Melee."

~kawaiiargh

Sound: 4.0

"http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_2.html

In the Sonic video, it's playing that awful "Sonic Boom" song from the American Sonic CD, they better have put in "You Can Do Anything" from the Japanese/European Sonic CD seeing as how it's better."

~_Margulis_

Gameplay: 2.5

" No Wavedashing and L-Canceling?

f this i'm sticking with melee"

~AndAnotherOne

"SORA ISN"T IN!!!?!? i hate you nintendo"

~wiilover92

Replayabliltiy: 2.0

"Unfortunately Wii is backwards compatable so you can just go back to SSBM after Sonic, Snake, Smash Balls and SSE's(alot of S'es @_@; ) novelty wears off. I'm doing that as we speak. How? I just got that good of skills . But seriously, this game wont stand the test of time. You got rid of popular characters such as Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy and the good doctor? Are you serious? This is the goddamn Wii! A next gen system, you can't bring all the characters back? Then you take out wave dashing? SSBM was at EVO, the top fighting game tourney ever due to wave dashing. Thanks for taking out a major part of what made SSBM the best of the series."

~Source II

Final Score (Not an average): 5.0
CASUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS!  
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:"Brawl isn't a good game" ~ GameFaqs
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 05:02:38 PM »
I'm very sad I won't be able to play against this Brain trust over Wi-Fi.  
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: "Brawl isn't a good game" ~ GameFaqs
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »
Someone should write a review made entirely from Dojo quotes.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »
Sonic Boom > You Can Do Anything. This is common knowledge!  

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 01:35:05 AM »
You got rid of popular characters such as Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy and the good doctor?
You got rid of popular characters such as Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy and the good doctor?

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 03:47:44 AM »
lawlz at this thread.

However I need to play this game so I realize how I will be playing with out all the L-stuff.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 10:06:13 AM »
"What I really want to stress though, is that absolutely nothing has changed from Melee to Brawl. From SSB64 to Melee, Nintendo added a Forward B, Charged Smash, Shield Dodging, more emphasis on spiking and other tiny details. For this game? More mid-air combats, as almost every character's aerial moves are improved somehow. I am extremely disappointed at the lack of anything new, so much that I am willing to dock 5 points from this otherwise amazing game. I am not a pro with Melee, but I considered myself a competitive player and I enjoyed entering tournaments. After spending money to import this game, I feel all I got was a cleaner version of Melee. The "wow" factor of first playing Melee in 2001 simply wasn't here. Maybe I got older, more mature and harder to please, but I still don't understand why Nintendo didn't improve upon the game play. I know you shouldn't fix what wasn't broken, but I waited almost 7 years for a new Smash game and all I got was a souped up version of the previous game. I also felt they spent too much time improving the single-player experience that they completely disregarded the actual game play. I was extremely disappointed, but you must remember that it's just my opinion."

~ Rob & Bob
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 10:15:13 AM »

"Maybe I got older, more mature and harder to please"

Not this one for sure...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 11:54:17 AM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
Someone should write a review made entirely from Dojo quotes.

I've bolded all the Dojo quotes.

Tweeet! Line up, everyone!  I'm about to give you all the information you need to know about Brawl

Graphics

How can I start to explain the graphics...  Ah... This doesn’t look good.    Also imagine my suprise when I found out you needed a TV to play the game Yeah, you have to have this  Maybe I was spoiled by games like Cruisin but Brawl just does not impress me one bit.

Gameplay

It's still the same old boring tired formula, your attacks, they'll cause an enemy's damage to slowly rise!  How exciting... NOT! this formula was wearing thin in Melee in Brawl it's just pathetic.  I always main Samus and imagine how offended I was after I grabbed a smash ball, All of her armor fell off!, I thought I payed for a Nintendo game not Cinemax.   Sakurai said no more clones and right from the get go what is the first thing you notice all of the characters walk using legs! Oh! Talk about individualized. Sakurai claimed to have beefed up the adventure mode, but after having skipping all cutscenes and playing on easy I had beat the SSE in an hour Oh, to think it’s already over...   Perhaps the most disturbing thing I've seen is playing as Pikmin & Olimar, Several times during a match my Pikmin died and their spirits floated through the air.  There is no respect for them.  Pikmin don't have graves you know.  

Sound  

There is music in the game but to collect more you need to find CD's.  It's a tedious addition to try and add extra play time.  

Replayability

To be honest after a couple hours I hated this game, Actually I took a shotgun to the game disc after I was done It feels great to break it!  They added a stage editor, assist trophies, and a few new characters but my biggest pet peeve, they added 3rd party characters my first thought was "Hold on a second! What are you guys doing here?!"I thought this was Smash Bros not Sony Mega Ultra Sega Fight Quest *sigh* You've let me down Nintendo.  Wi-fi matches, new characters a new adventure mode, final smashes, new stages this all loses it's appeal within a day.   Of course there are things to do after you beat the SSE collecting CD's, stickers and trophies.  For a second I forgot I was playing Smash Bros. and thought I was playing Donkey Kong 64  

Final Score

Nice try Nintendo
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline Dan_Flyhight

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 12:33:07 AM »
I'm sorry Sonic Boom is my favorite sonic song ever... ^_^ Yes.
If ever the acid-spitting llamas ever engulf your esophagus out of fear for their own pancreas, you know who to call...