Author Topic: The game has been leak! Prepare for spoilers!  (Read 81832 times)

Offline WalkingTheCow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: The game has been leak! Prepare for spoilers!
« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2008, 08:37:59 PM »
I'm still reeling over the awesomeness of the Electroplankton Hanebrow stage. Am I the only one blown away by this bit of slightly esoteric brilliance?!

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:The game has been leak! Prepare for spoilers!
« Reply #276 on: January 30, 2008, 12:02:53 AM »
Wolf. Pretty much another clone of Fox. loooooooooool.

Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2008, 12:03:33 AM »
Wolf is another straight-up clone, making me really suspect that SOMEONE high up on the development ladder was being a baby concerning Falco and got him to be left in...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2008, 02:02:09 AM »
Wolf is such a badass, I'm pretty exited even if he is a fox clone.

Wonder if he's slower or faster than fox, Video needed!

Drop falco, put in Krystal and give her the staff!
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 30, 2008, 02:27:21 AM »
You know what's funny, I kind of think, sure, clones are annoying, but I don't mind them... I was against the inclusion of clones, but if they were going to include clones anyway, they could have included more clones.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 30, 2008, 04:34:16 AM »

Originally posted by: WalkingTheCow
I'm still reeling over the awesomeness of the Electroplankton Hanebrow stage. Am I the only one blown away by this bit of slightly esoteric brilliance?!

I am!  That's why I linked to it!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #281 on: January 30, 2008, 04:37:24 AM »
No way.... Okay, it's bad enough that all three are clones, but why couldn't they have at least given Wolf a new Final Smash? I mean, has he ever even used a Landmaster?

Why..? The only thing I can think of is that someone saw the most used characters at tournaments (Fox and Falco) and figured this was due to the characters themselves, rather than that it was because both were top tier before.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 30, 2008, 04:42:39 AM »
lol that is true, why did they give him a Landmaster?  That is lame. Isn't that in invention of Slippy's?  Or is that only the Blue Marine?

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #283 on: January 30, 2008, 04:54:26 AM »
Man... I'm still in shock that Wolf is a clone. I was hoping he would be unique to add some flair to the hidden characters, but now ROB and Lucario are the only ones. It's like rubbing salt in the wound that Mewtwo was cut too, since he was far different than Lucario and was removed yet here we have three slightly different versions of the same moveset in the game.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6uRcUADi8

Video... to relieve the pain a little bit, at least he has a really cool aerial drill kick (up A)... but his B moves are all the same as Fox.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 30, 2008, 05:14:18 AM »

Originally posted by: LuigiHann
You know what's funny, I kind of think, sure, clones are annoying, but I don't mind them... I was against the inclusion of clones, but if they were going to include clones anyway, they could have included more clones.

As much as I dislike clones, I can agree with this.

If you're going to have the damn things in the game, you might as well artificially inflate the roster to 40-50 with them.

Only getting 35 characters out of it is like failing at being mediocre.

Stages look nice, but who cares? We can make our OWN stages anyway.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 30, 2008, 05:21:33 AM »
Pre-made stages will always be better than user-created ones, that's not even arguable... =)

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2008, 05:25:03 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Pre-made stages will always be better than user-created ones, that's not even arguable... =)

Given the sheer number of Melee stages which we had TURNED OFF in the level switch because we all agreed that they sucked ass, I think it's perfectly arguable.

In fact, the level switch was created for exactly that purpose.

But all that aside, you doubt the creative power of the collective SSB community when it comes to building stages?! Shame on you, Bill. I'm quite certain user-made stages will become as, if not MORE, popular than the ones included. Good stages don't need flashing graphics or crazy crap going on to be good.

On another note, after Wolf was unlocked, the player got the "all characters unlocked" message. It's over: 35 is all she wrote.

"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2008, 05:29:58 AM »
"I'm quite certain user-made stages will become as, if not MORE, popular than the ones included. Good stages don't need flashing graphics or crazy crap going on to be good."

I can't wait for SmashBoard's popular "Really Damn Flat" stage! =D

I'm just an obstacle-loving person, I guess...I love having crap thrown at me that I need to avoid while fighting...

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #288 on: January 30, 2008, 05:30:53 AM »

I'm just an obstacle-loving person, I guess...I love having crap thrown at me that I need to avoid while fighting...

So did you miss the custom stage Stevey posted? That was full of hazards, and deaths caused by those hazards.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 30, 2008, 05:38:05 AM »

Uh, yeah, someone posted a video of a stage which was entirely composed of ladders and platforms which fell off the bottom of the screen after you stood on them for too long.

And the "SSB community" isn't limited to Smashboards.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 30, 2008, 06:24:37 AM »
Well, the final roster doesn't bother me as much as it does some of you all, but something's bugging me...

Why keep the clones (Ganondorf, Falco/Wolf, Ness, etc.) and then replace MewTwo with Lucario (who apparently shares only one move with MewTwo from Melee). That's a scratch-your-head kind of thing to me...
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 30, 2008, 06:33:24 AM »
Yeah, the exclusion of M2 is another "WTF, Sakurai?!" moment in this ordeal.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 30, 2008, 06:36:21 AM »
I have a feeling the secret characters were all "phoned in" during the last few months of the game's development cycle. My guess is that Sakurai focused on finishing the starting roster, then pushed the characters off to the side to focus more on the extra modes and the SSE. That is seems to be the only explanation for why the secret roster is so blah in movesets and creativity. Since these may have been a last minute thing they may not have had time to spit out characters like Mewtwo.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 30, 2008, 07:23:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Given the sheer number of Melee stages which we had TURNED OFF in the level switch because we all agreed that they sucked ass, I think it's perfectly arguable.

I'll assume that's the royal "we" you're using there. I personally thought the only one that needed to be turned off was the unfair Icicle Mountain stage; the rest were great, and the ones in Brawl look even better.

As for the roster...who really wanted to see Mewtwo back, anyway? I never used him as he was too hard to control, and Lucario seems to be an improvement. I love the Pokemon games, but if Sakurai couldn't make him workable, then that's that. The guy's job is to make a video game, not fulfill the wishes of every single person out there. And in my opinion, what he promised, he delivered. You guys are just getting worked up because you found out about the clones last, unlike in Melee, where the original characters were split among the starting roster and the hidden one. Not really his fault.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 30, 2008, 07:35:05 AM »
Am I the only one glad to see they removed Mewtwo? haha I thought he sucked and we already had too many Pokemon.  

*ducks*

But I do understand those who liked him.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 30, 2008, 07:43:27 AM »
so, has anyone determained how many charaters there are in the game all together?
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2008, 07:46:01 AM »
Mewtwo was really unique, I'm not glad to see him gone but not too sad to see him leave.  I would have liked it if they kept him in.  It seems like Sakurai focused his character choices around the SSE, I can't see why Wolf would have made it in over Krystal especially with Fox's moveset.  I'm not upset today, I know my friends will get a kick out of playing with Wolf even with his moveset.  

When I played with friends we usually ended up playing on Corneria, they hated moving stages, the only one I really disliked was Icicle Mountain.  I'm looking forward to making stages personally made for certain characters.  
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2008, 07:49:54 AM »
35 characters, NeoThunder...

"Uh, yeah, someone posted a video of a stage which was entirely composed of ladders and platforms which fell off the bottom of the screen after you stood on them for too long."

I guess I should have been more specific..."Things thrown at me that ties me to a stage" like karts driving by on the Mario Kart stage or the Grubdog trying to eat you on the Pikmin stage...It's not that I won't use the Stage Builder (I have some ideas myself), but in the end they are generic in comparison to most of the pre-made stages...But in the end it doesn't matter, because there are 41 pre-set stages and infinite custom stages...  

Oh, and it seems you can't use custom stages online either, cue up more bitching I guess...

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2008, 08:27:44 AM »
Wait, you can't use them in friend matches online?!

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2008, 08:30:48 AM »

Originally posted by: Sessha
Mewtwo was really unique, I'm not glad to see him gone but not too sad to see him leave.  I would have liked it if they kept him in.  It seems like Sakurai focused his character choices around the SSE, I can't see why Wolf would have made it in over Krystal especially with Fox's moveset.  I'm not upset today, I know my friends will get a kick out of playing with Wolf even with his moveset.  

When I played with friends we usually ended up playing on Corneria, they hated moving stages, the only one I really disliked was Icicle Mountain.  I'm looking forward to making stages personally made for certain characters.

Wolf is awesome, I would have just traded Falco for Krystal.  

Frozen Shoe Games