Author Topic: Coro Coro news! News about Zelda, Sheik, Sonic and Snake  (Read 6534 times)

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Coro Coro news! News about Zelda, Sheik, Sonic and Snake
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 05:43:50 AM »
That seems strange, Sheik isn't confirmed anymore but I think there is still a very good chance she/he? will be a part of Zelda.
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Coro Coro news! News about Zelda, Sheik, Sonic and Snake
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 06:27:36 AM »
Zelda was the only card with all four moves not shown, so uh, yeah, I'm leaning towards it being Sheik again...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2008, 06:38:58 AM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

Originally posted by: stevey
/thread

Ouch. Well my faith in Brawl Central just took a dive.

Ditto. Although, this doesn't mean that Sheik isn't a part of Zelda.

I think this all has to do with the fact that Sakurai has yet to talk about Zelda's moves and unveil Sheik as a veteran character. So maybe that's the reason the Coro Coro cards don't talk about her down B moves.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: Coro Coro news! News about Zelda, Sheik, Sonic and Snake
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 06:39:13 AM »
Nah, I think it's that they don't want people to know that Shiek is unlockable yet.  If there's a new move there, then people would guess at it, but if nothing is there, people will just assume that Zelda can transform into Shiek.  There's no real reason to hide Zelda's down-B attack otherwise, since she's most likely in the starting roster, by virtue, if Shiek were the down-B attack, Shiek would be in the starting roster as well, and as far as we can tell, we likely know everyone in that starting roster now.  The reason the move is hidden is to both prevent people from thinking Shiek is out of the game and to prevent others from figuring out Shiek is a hidden character, I bet.  There's just no reason to keep the two together, all it really does is give them one less move than everyone else, since there's no balancing act similar to the PT's stamina.  Even now, Zelda's appearance is from a game where Shiek doesn't exist.  As it stands, it just limits the characters to one less attack apiece.

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2008, 05:11:33 PM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
Nah, I think it's that they don't want people to know that Shiek is unlockable yet.  If there's a new move there, then people would guess at it, but if nothing is there, people will just assume that Zelda can transform into Shiek.  There's no real reason to hide Zelda's down-B attack otherwise, since she's most likely in the starting roster, by virtue, if Shiek were the down-B attack, Shiek would be in the starting roster as well, and as far as we can tell, we likely know everyone in that starting roster now.  The reason the move is hidden is to both prevent people from thinking Shiek is out of the game and to prevent others from figuring out Shiek is a hidden character, I bet.  There's just no reason to keep the two together, all it really does is give them one less move than everyone else, since there's no balancing act similar to the PT's stamina.  Even now, Zelda's appearance is from a game where Shiek doesn't exist.  As it stands, it just limits the characters to one less attack apiece.

It would seem that they are each missing a move if you look at them as separate characters, but when you look at them as one character with different "stances" then they turn into a character that has more moves than any other character in the game, and if each form were to have a different Final Smash and be able to change form with the Smash Ball activated then they would be the most versatile character in the game. While there is a delay for the change it does not seem (if Melee is any indication for how the transformation may be implemented in Brawl) to take too long, especially when compared to PokeMon Trainer's change, which also only seems to be usable on the ground.

While all available evidence does not support either stance on Sheiks inclusion as a separate or transformation character, I do feel (as in a hunch) that separation of the characters is not very likely; I just do not see any reason  that they would get rid of one of the more unique characters (I know that PokeMon Trainer has a change move too, but, like you said, it involves the almost forced changed due to stamina, which would probably give birth to a completely different style of play). The lack of the down B move description could also be used to say that  Zelda changes into Midna, because there is no specific mention of Sheik as being in the game(outside of a single line from an indirect, although mildly official, source in an interview).
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon