Author Topic: History Channel Games coming to the DS!?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
History Channel Games coming to the DS!?
« on: October 20, 2007, 09:18:11 PM »
History Channel Going After DS

These new titles will extend the mission and core legacy of both companies to bring history to a wider audience. The History Channel Pocket History product line will feature a specific historical period for each release. Iain McNeil, Director of Slitherine, said, "Our objective with the release of the Pocket History series is to bring creative and inventive gameplay, that is easy to pick up and learn, to the next generation of portable gaming platforms. As always we are concentrating our efforts on creating a product that is both historically accurate and innovative and will really suit the DS platform."

The Pocket History series will begin with the release of The History Channel Pocket History: Rome in April 2008, with further products launching worldwide later in 2008.

Too bad there aren't any screenshots, but the description of it does sound intriguing. Hopefully the Food Network follows suit with some Iron Chef games or something. I'm serious... Cooking Mama proves that there is a potential for cooking video games. Probably other channels should get on this bandwagon as well, like uh... HG TV. A home designing game, or a gardening game would be awesome and would draw in the adult non-gamer market Nintendo has been targeting.

As for this one, I wonder if it will be like Sid Meier's Civilization...
is your sanity...

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: History Channel Games coming to the DS!?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 11:33:27 PM »
Weather Channel please Oh God yes today's forecast is AWESOME.