Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker General Help  (Read 125451 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker General Help
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2003, 04:19:38 PM »

Originally posted by: mrbojangos
You asked am I at the boss... There is a boss door but i have not gotten the key for it and there is another door that is locked ... but again i don't have the key but i have 3 little transport pots open.   i can go to the boss door the door thats still locked on the second floor or the room with the large hanging plant thing in it... and i can go to a room that has basically nothing but the little green jelly guys and a nut and hanging nuts all around.

Hmm...If that hanging plant thing is very large and in the center of the room, you definitely need to cut it down with your boomerang.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Hikari

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2003, 04:27:52 PM »
Possible Spoiler... Don't say I didn't warn ya

Alright, I pass the Towers of the Gods, and I pass the Shadow Temple (I think that's what it called ^.^;; ) Anyways, right now, I'm stunk at the Wind Temple (That's the one at the very top of the map when sage is) and that plant Kokiri thingy got taken to a room when you can see through the bottom and he's trap behind a big stone statue and he keeps telling me to move it I have to be as heavy as the deku tree and I know that's what iron boots are for but I don't know exactly what to do from there... *feels stupid*  

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2003, 04:31:17 PM »
you hafta return with the dungeon's special item
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2003, 04:34:31 PM »
He's right.  You'll have to leave Makar behind and do as much as you can without him.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2003, 04:42:12 PM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth

Originally posted by: Berto2K
I am at the part where you have to guide the statues to the middle room. I have gotten the 2nd wind song in there. Then there is the next statue to move. You have to use grappling hook in the first room because there is no middle floor. The 2nd room has a holographic like one-way stairway leading up to a platform. The first room has 2 regular statues, an eye on the right wall, a door which can't get to on the left, and a weighted switch on the far side of the room to open the gate to the door on left. I can't figure out how to get the 2nd special statue out to the middle area that all the hallways connect to.

Isn't there a switch for Link to stand on while the statue moves through the room?

Ah damn, I didn't even think to use what I just got. Now I have now I have bow and arrow. Thanks.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Hikari

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2003, 04:45:39 PM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
He's right.  You'll have to leave Makar behind and do as much as you can without him.

Thanks for the help *realizes that using iron boots can break through crack floors* I guess I should go look for that hookshot.  

Offline mrbojangos

• foggy goggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2003, 05:21:31 PM »
where do i get the Boomarang?
wii- 0480067198119868

msg me on aim (mrbojangos2k5)with your FC if u add so i can add yours

Offline Berto2K

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2003, 10:03:05 PM »
Ok, now I am stuck in the next puzzle hallway, the one with the balancing platforms. I can get one statue over to the other side across the platforms. But i can't take anything (statues or pots) in with me to place on the button to turn off the laser beams that block the main statue. I can't find anything in the room with the laser beams to move around. I even consulted my roommate and he can't figure this one out.

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2003, 10:09:38 PM »
i used a little help from tingle to get past the room with the lasers...

Offline Berto2K

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2003, 10:50:18 PM »
I tried hooking up tingle for first time and tried a few things but not I am broke since I only can carry 200 rupees. Still haven't figured it out.

Nevermind, I got a clue on another board on using some "acrobatics" to make it work.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2003, 09:51:22 AM »

Originally posted by: mrbojangos
where do i get the Boomarang?

You know what, you just need to play the game.  If it wasn't a major trouble-spot for me, I'm not going to remember it.

Check your maps.  If you have the compass, the treasure chests will appear, and you can bet the boomerang is in one of them.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline XP

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2003, 10:49:42 AM »
After you throw her up, she'll give you an empty bottle. When you get it, fill it with water near the big boulder. Then clime on the ladder you can reach, and pour the water on the pants that you'll see. Thet will be bomb flowers. Pick up the bomb and then throw it at the boulder. Water will raise. Swim across and find more bombs. Throw them in the jars and it will make a path. That is where the dungeon is.

Offline XP

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2003, 10:55:41 AM »
im gonna answer u in a few mins.
okay?
lalalalla
haha

Offline XP

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2003, 10:57:50 AM »
okay

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2003, 11:23:53 AM »
Don't know what you think you're doing, but you'd better cool it with this cute stuff.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline theatomicclam

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2003, 02:41:15 PM »

Do you know how to take a picture of the person that is the most cowardly in the town? Just as soon as you get the picto box?

I'll give a hint, he's probably nervous from all the caffeine. After that its just making him scared, use whats around you.

Jacob
No matter how cynical you are, you can't keep up.

Offline faile'

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2003, 06:08:40 AM »
Anybody having problem w/the compass while sailing?  Mine seems to have East & West reversed.
- Like all things sacred - it gives with one hand and takes with the other - Dune Trilogy

Offline weekapaug

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2003, 08:33:31 AM »
I know this is REALLY dumb, and it doesn't really matter because i'm already past the wind temple, but why the hell won't my sea chart fill in the islands. i don't know what each square is and my book just says "the merman will chart them for you". but i don't know who the merman is.

please help

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2003, 08:45:21 AM »

Originally posted by: weekapaug
I know this is REALLY dumb, and it doesn't really matter because i'm already past the wind temple, but why the hell won't my sea chart fill in the islands. i don't know what each square is and my book just says "the merman will chart them for you". but i don't know who the merman is.

please help

You need to feed bait to the fish in each square.  It's much easier if you do it as you go along.  Now, you should find yourself killing a couple hours to fill in your map.  Honestly, this is clearly explained, so the only reason I can assume people are still asking about it is that they skip past important text.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Lumas Etima

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2003, 08:48:10 AM »
faile', the compass (like all compasses) points north.  So, when you're sailing east, it LOOKS like the compass is pointing west (left), but instead what it's saying is north is THAT way (if you turn left, you'll be going north).  In other words, the compass shows which way is north, not which way you are travelling.

weekapaug, what do you mean?  Have you fed bait to any of the fish?  If you see a fish jumping in and out of the water, feed it some bait, and it'll fill in your sea chart.

Offline weekapaug

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2003, 09:02:58 AM »
i haven't seen any fish, i must just be a really fast sailor thanks, i guess i need to buy some bait, but where where could have i seen this, i don't remember anything about it.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2003, 09:05:08 AM »

Originally posted by: weekapaug
i haven't seen any fish, i must just be a really fast sailor thanks, i guess i need to buy some bait, but where where could have i seen this, i don't remember anything about it.

The first fish tells you all about it right after you sail south from Dragon Roost.  Every square has an island, and somewhere around that island is a fish.  Find the fish and wait for the targeting arrow to appear.  Then, throw the bait.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline AquaVDevin

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2003, 03:30:57 PM »
What is this Nintendo Gallery ive been hearin about? What island is it at
The classics are the games of tomorrow!

Offline Mike-OPN2000

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2003, 04:07:30 PM »
 Never Mind, Figured it out.

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2003, 05:01:52 PM »
OK my turn.  
**SPOILERS**
I am in the Earth temple and infront of a statue with two glowy eyes.  If i point the harp at one it turns yellow, but i cany get the other eye with the light.  It seems like i need a mirror shield or something, but i dont know.  So ummm, what should i do.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no