Author Topic: Fire Emblem DS  (Read 2731 times)

Offline gamersara

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem DS
« on: October 10, 2007, 02:22:29 AM »
confirmed, it's FE1/3 remake, screenshots:
Marth is the main character, WHICH also mean HE SHOULD BE BACK IN SSBB
truth to be told, the graphic SUCKS, and I don't know why they chose this style of character portrait, looks a bit dead...
I promise
yeah right

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Fire Emblem DS
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 05:41:43 AM »
I dont think the games graphics look that bad at least intelligent systems isnt going the advanced wars dual strike route, they are mixing up the graphics style which is a good thing. And its awesome for a lot of people that this is a remake since not a lot of people got to experience them especially players outside of Japan.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Fire Emblem DS
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 07:13:03 AM »
I am all over this.  I love the Fire Emblem series.  It's perfect for portable, pick-up-and-play a few rounds in between stop lights kind of thing.

What do you mean a remake of 1/3?  I haven't played the Japanese-only games.  Were the two games related?  Or was 3 already a remake of 1?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 07:39:55 AM »
I'm used to Fire Emblem looking a little brighter but then virtually all of us were introduced to it on the GBA and portable games are usually intentionally brighter.

Are these rendered sprites or polygons?  Either way it looks bad.  I don't like it when 2D games use polygons.  Flat sprites are gorgeous.  Use them whenever you have an excuse to.

This is a situation where a remake is not only acceptable but actually a good idea since all of this is new for the North American audience.  Maybe they can use the translation for this game in the original versions and put those on the VC.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 09:04:51 AM »
I don't know, Sara. I personally thought the original SNES remake looked worse. Also, the screens confirm weapon triangle has been added to the game. And where'd you get the info of 3 being remade along with it? You sure we're getting 3? Will book 1 be like the SNES version or NES version? I kind of dig the semi pre-rendered look to the graphics though.

I agree with the artwork though. I'm a bit iffy on the new look. Well, at least they didn't port the GBA engine, or else I'd really rip my eyes out.  

Offline gamersara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 03:45:23 PM »
O_o  how on earth was FE3 worse than FE1? oh, you mean worse than this?
well Marth's face is too round and I don't like the look on his face from the screenshots we got so far, feel like hitting him with my stylus...(fangirlish rant goes on and on)

I really HOPE we are getting a FE3 remake, but all the source seem to point to an FE1 remake...MAYBE if the game sales then IS will release a FE3 remake and FE4 remake...you should see all the complains on FE.net, it's like end of the world for 80% of the members there: "NINTENDO SHALL DIE FOR THIS"

on the graphic, I guess there won't be room for change for the portraits, but they better work on the battle sprite(looks like prerendered to me) and map sprites, at least REMOVE THOSE STUPID BLACK LINES

good thing the game's still in its early development stage

BTW first half of FE3 was remake of FE1 while the second half is new story with the same characters
I promise
yeah right

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 05:27:49 PM »
Yeah, in game battles don't look so hot...

The stuff outside of battle looks amazing, though. Plus, it's Marth, which is always a plus in my book. ^_^ I am hoping they spruce up the look more as development continues, and I also hope the touch controls work well.

I'm also just happy that this pretty much assures that Marth is back for Brawl, like you said gamersara, as he was my second favorite from Melee behind Ganondorf.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 09:43:17 AM »
Yeah, I'm talking about the SNES remake. God that game's fugly. The animation's pretty good despite the over saturated colors. I'll take ANYTHING over the GBA's graphics. The animation's a joke in the GBA games. The horses legs don't even move in most of the frames. It was like watching a bad slide show.

FE.net, it's like end of the world for 80% of the members there: "NINTENDO SHALL DIE FOR THIS"

Just tell them Sheeda's tits got bigger. That'll make them happy.