Author Topic: Heroes 2  (Read 21635 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Heroes Season 2 - Some Spoilers in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2007, 09:05:03 PM »
Better episode this time around. Sylar was kind of stupid, Something tells me that the New Orleans Grandma is going to tie into the story somehow (maybe one of the 8?) Even with killing of a number of supporting cast members, they still have way too many storylines starting out this season:

Clair/HRG
Parkman/Mohinder/mutant girl
Hiro in Japan
Sylar
Nikki doing something stupid again
Peter in Ireland
The Wonder Twins on vacation
Not to mention drunk Nathan, the murdering of the 8 paintings, and Mr. Muggles coping with the loss of his fame and fortune on the dog show circuit.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2007, 10:02:55 PM »
What's great is that Nathan was on scene when both the death pictures were found:

He bumped into Ando at Kirby Plaza, right before he gave Kaito his paper, and he had just been in the hallway when Mrs. Petrelli found hers.  Don't believe me?  Re-watch it, it happens pretty early in the first episode, so you won't have to wait long.  I forgot to mention that earlier, and some people might be interested, especially since there was no reason for Nathan to bump into Ando, and that he hadn't even been pictured on the show at that point in time.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2007, 03:49:12 AM »
Anybody can play Candice. =)
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2007, 05:04:33 AM »
It seems pretty unlikely that a powerless Sylar would be able to beat Candice...she appeared to be conscious right after the mug-slap and she could have changed everything around...however, the fact that she was grossly overweight afterwards leaves me to think that he did indeed kill her.  She hinted that she wasn't pretty in "real life" at the end of last season.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2007, 05:15:08 AM »
the online comics confirmed she was an ugly fat girl.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 06:03:34 AM »
I guess none of you are watching the show anymore

Good episode last night, I would say the strongest so far this season. Parkman and Nathan worked well together and the Suresh scenes were very good as well. Kirsten Bell is always enjoyable to watch on screen and Yay for no wonder twins.

Hiro storyline still felt a bit weak. New Orleans is also yawn.  

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 06:37:15 AM »
The Hiro part was brief, and it should really pick up next time they get to it.  Maybe not, though.

It looks like Sylar will have some interesting interactions with the twins, though.  I'm curious to see that.

Anyone else think the company is putting on a show for Suresh?  I thought Nikki wouldn't have her powers from the virus, anyways.

Also, Matt is now at least telepathic.  He can hear other's thoughts and broadcast his own to them, which is how he got Nathan out of his delusion/nightmare.  So, does this mean that for once, the son inherited his father's abilities?  Or are they still different?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 02:05:40 PM »
No twins was a good thing.  So far this season just isn't as good.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2007, 02:19:41 PM »
I <3 Monica!  3rd copycat but completely different than Peter or Sylar.

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2007, 11:26:32 AM »
Monica is the only good thing this season.  I've been so bored with the show otherwise.  

Hiro is the worst character ever created in TV history.  I hate him.  So, so much.
Claire is just mind-numbingly awful.  I've got no interest in her or her flying boyfriend.
Mohinder, Matt, and Molly (M^3?) just give me a weird vibe.  Why is she living with two men unrelated to her or each other?  And why is that apartment always so dark???
The story with the old heroes is moving so slowly that I don't even care about it.
blah blah blah

Did they even explain WHY Peter was supposed to blow up New York last season?  All I remember is that Mrs. Petrelli was all for it, and Nathan was against it.  Did they ever say why?
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2007, 11:35:19 AM »
I think it was to help Nathan become President.  Similar to how Rudy seems to be pushed to the forefront because his actions during 9/11...  That was my understanding.  Once Nathan was President, along with the fact that "Sylar", a super powered being, killed half of New York, it would help get the "Linderman Act" passed, allowing "The Company" to keep better tabs on those with powers.

As for Matt, Mohinder and Molly...  Yeah.  I make jokes about it all the time.  My wife doesn't like it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2007, 05:23:40 PM »
Molly and her two dads is awesome, you are talking nonsense.

And I like the twins, in fact is probably the only thing I like of this season, besides molly and her two dads of course, those two are so married, its absolutely hilarious. I missed the wonder twins this last episode, but I didn't miss Claire and that horrible storyline , so all is even out.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2007, 06:51:31 AM »
The big question I have read several times, while not actually painting the picture as such, is whether Heroes (Season 2) is going to be another Twin Peaks (Season 2).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2007, 04:51:30 PM »
I would have had to watch Twin Peaks in order to answer that, and all the way through season 2....

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2007, 05:13:28 PM »
Well, I like what's going on with the twins, and I think all the stories are progressing pretty well.  I can see how some things will intertwine, and we'll have to see what happens, but I'm pretty sure that once again, the storylines with connect.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2007, 07:53:49 PM »
Wasn't that the comic book character that Monica represents in the background on the Billboard when Peter and (the Irish girl) are in Future York?

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2007, 02:16:29 PM »
Yes, I think it is.

Now my guess is that NY will be evacuated because of the virus and Maya is related somehow, probably making it a huge pandemic or something.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2007, 03:18:50 PM »
I'm thinking that too, but then again, isn't that really to predictable this early into the season for something like that, also it would be to cut and dry.  Nightmare Man might have a part too, that would add a level of complex to it.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
RE:Heroes Season 2 - Some Spoilers in this thread
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2007, 10:45:04 AM »
Horn Rimmed Glasses Man is bad, bad hombre.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2007, 10:49:47 AM »
Heroes Origins is canceled, Heroes's Season 2 is cut to 11 episodes.  That's the word on the street.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2007, 05:02:28 PM »
way before the strike thing I read in several places that this season wasn't going to be "a" season but two, chapter two ends mid season and chapter three was going to be the rest of the episodes.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2007, 05:05:31 PM »
Right, and now, because of the strike the show looks like season 2 will end with Volume 2, at episode 11.  Before, Ep. 11 was to be only the end of Volume 2, but now it will likely be the end of the volume and the season.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2007, 12:36:52 AM »
I just watched the G4 marathon on Saturday and I am all caught up.  I must say that this season is infinitely better than the first.  The writers have a strong since of identity with the original characters and are really putting them in character developing worlds.  Peter doesn't seem like a copy of Hiro anymore (as in the person who really, really wants to be a hero but is unsure of himself.  Nathan seems to have new found direction.  Even the annoying characters seem be better.  (Nikki and her talk to machines son.)  

I also can get a greater feel on how everything is pulling and tying together this season.  It definitely feels like everything is going to meet somewhere and make sense.  

The only problem I have with the show this season is they are going the LOST root of everybody being interconnected and that is just weird with a cast this huge...unless they explain their powers in such away that it isn't as random as genetics.

Offline mantidor

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2007, 07:10:30 AM »
The show benefits inmensly from marathons, I don't think I could've stand the first half of the first season without consecutive viewings.