Author Topic: Nintendo, 2d platformers, evil Colonel Sanders Spiders, what's not to like?  (Read 30132 times)

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Funding individuals and activist groups with "links to extremists" is not the same thing as launching a campaign of bombings against innocent people.  

Offline UERD

• View Profile
Wasn't it you who lumped 'people willing to use violence' and 'people willing to encourage others to use violence' together? Anyways, this is worse than moral support: material support (in the form of funding). Close enough, I say. Read the article, and you will find that the 'links to extremists' are a lot less tenuous than you would make them out to be.

But I digress. We are here to make fun of Sony and complain about how Nintendo is catering only to non-gamers, not to discuss politics, after all. And I've already done my part in derailing another recent thread. So it's probably high time for me to bail out before things get any more heated.
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
Lumped together as the alternative to pacifism, sure. We can say ham and apples are both not oranges without implying that the two are the same. Close enough, in some peoples' estimations, perhaps... but I bet we can still spot the difference between a ham and an apple if we look real hard.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
W.T.H.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile

GAINESVILLE, FL - The College Republicans of the University of Florida will be kicking off the school year by holding their 4th Bi-Annual P.E.T.A. (People Eating Tasty Animals) Barbeque at the Plaza of the Americas on UF’s campus on Friday, August 31st at 11:30am.

The group will be distributing free barbeque lunches courtesy of David's BBQ Restaurant and talking to students about the hypocritical and absurd positions of the PETA (“People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals”) organization.

The whimsical and consistently popular event does not intend to demean vegetarianism or concern for the general animal welfare, but rather seeks to highlight and debunk the radical positions of PETA and the “animal rights” movement.

Many citizens, college students especially, consider themselves supportive of "animal rights" and PETA, yet aren’t aware of the organization’s true nature. Few students are aware that the organization's president has compared eating meat to the Holocaust, referred to the human race as a “cancer” on the earth, and refused to condemn dangerous eco-terrorist groups. Few self-described animal rights activists know that PETA has “euthanized" over 14,000 animals since 1997, including many of the animals the organization "liberates" from testing facilities.

I can't remember if it said ham or apples would be served, though.  I'm debating going.