Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.  (Read 103945 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2009, 11:44:16 PM »
Nice! I'll try that tonight, bustin. Thanks.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 04, 2009, 01:14:38 AM »
D-pad item switching isn't up to par. It's terribly slow and sometimes Chris wouldn't pull out his weapon at all. I chalked it up to this being a demo. Same with the local co-op screen being the way it is.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 04, 2009, 02:31:40 AM »
I wonder, if Nintendo made the next real Zelda multiplayer co-op (like 4 swords) would you guys be happy? It just seems strange to me that people are willing to accept multiplayer co-op in a series that has never had it besides a spin-off (and fun) online game. I'd think you could innovate the series without taking the multiplayer route like RE4 was able to do. Personally I am saddened by the single player experience starting to become a dieing breed. It makes me a sad panda.  :'(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:40:47 AM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 04, 2009, 09:19:31 AM »
I wonder, if Nintendo made the next real Zelda multiplayer co-op (like 4 swords) would you guys be happy? It just seems strange to me that people are willing to accept multiplayer co-op in a series that has never had it besides a spin-off (and fun) online game. I'd think you could innovate the series without taking the multiplayer route like RE4 was able to do. Personally I am saddened by the single player experience starting to become a dieing breed. It makes me a sad panda.  :'(

I'll be a sad panda with you because I'd feel the same way if i was in your shoes. Luckily Nintendo still has some fun single player games, and doesn't shove co-op down your throat either, but if they ever went that route I'd be pretty dissapointed. When a game like this comes along, it seems like they're going out of their way to put co-op in there as if its a direction the series will be in from now on. If thats the case than the single player could turn out not as good soley because the game was built with co-op in mind. When you're like me and do most of your game playing solo, for whatever reason, this sort of situation isn't satisfying.

Oh and don't give me the "well you can play online co-op" answer because that might not be an option, nor a preference :)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2009, 10:32:45 AM »
I want a WiiWare 4 swords multiplayer game NOW!!!!  Right Now.

Give it to me Nintendo or I will hunt you down and beg. 

(Also give us randomly generated Dungeons and Wii Speak Support so we can play the game forever.)

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2009, 02:53:41 PM »
EasyCure, I think the game will be just fine as a solo experience after playing the demo several times, also on the PS3 version.  Sheva hasn't since done any of that stupid **** I talked about earlier, so I don't know if my play style has adapted or if it was just a first time fluke.  I think she'll perform okay now.

Oh and as an aside I am now torn as to what version of the game to get.  The 360 version is superior in the graphics and performance department while the PS3 version's controller feels so much more natural for controlling the game.  I'm torn.  :(
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2009, 03:44:13 PM »
EasyCure, I think the game will be just fine as a solo experience after playing the demo several times, also on the PS3 version.  Sheva hasn't since done any of that stupid **** I talked about earlier, so I don't know if my play style has adapted or if it was just a first time fluke.  I think she'll perform okay now.

Oh and as an aside I am now torn as to what version of the game to get.  The 360 version is superior in the graphics and performance department while the PS3 version's controller feels so much more natural for controlling the game.  I'm torn.  :(

That's good to know but my point was meant to be taken in a broader sense. It's not just this game that I'm worried about becoming a standard co-op affair that'll carry over to the next installment, but lots of traditionally single player games in general.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2009, 09:02:03 PM »
I want to declare co-op gaming a fad but I saw what happened to all the "Wii is a fad!" people... :(

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 04, 2009, 09:16:17 PM »
The only difference is that in Zelda, you only play as Link. Resident Evil lends itself more to multiplayer than Zelda.

I get what you're saying though and honestly, the only reason this happened is because Capcom top brass raised the pimp hand to Shinji Mikami and basically forced him to leave the company for who knows why considering what an asset he'd be to any development team. Not saying RE5 won't be a good game, but like you, I would have preferred the game staying single player only. The series isn't survival horror anymore. RE4 gave you tons of ammo and now RE5 gives you tons of ammo and a partner who, useless or not, makes the game less scary. They might as well add in some upbeat J-Pop while their at it.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 04, 2009, 09:34:25 PM »
Yeah, oh well, we'll see what happens. I'm sure it will be fun to play with someone else.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2009, 09:41:58 PM »
This a turtle of a game.

my god, you moved slowly.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2009, 02:55:34 AM »
So I listened to RebelFM tonight and Ryan video plus Jay Fresh were on and they said "Don't judge RE5 by this demo" www.eat-sleep-game.com

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2009, 05:00:06 AM »
So I listened to RebelFM tonight and Ryan video plus Jay Fresh were on and they said "Don't judge RE5 by this demo" www.eat-sleep-game.com

I have no idea who those guys are, but at least that sounds promising.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2009, 10:13:13 AM »
Ex-1up staffers.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #289 on: February 05, 2009, 12:35:11 PM »
Oh, I'm willing to give the final game a try. I am still concerned about the controls, though. I hope (but doubt) they will tweak them before the release.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »
This a turtle of a game.

Hold down A (needs an autorun option...)

I found the demo terribly confusing, especially the dying. I shoot some stuff, get killed, limp around a bit, Sheva asks "are you okay" and I've got health again, she gets killed, the game ends instantly.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2009, 12:07:07 PM »
This a turtle of a game.

Hold down A (needs an autorun option...)

I know that.  It' just everything felt so sluggish, from the running to the aiming.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2009, 12:27:05 AM »
Changing "aiming speed" to "fastest" made it playable for me.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2009, 02:47:35 PM »
I wish you could change all the baddies to white because, you know, I'm super racist like that.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2009, 04:20:41 PM »
I wish you could change them to actual zombies.  Cause I like resident evil like that.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 10, 2009, 04:28:02 PM »
I wish you could change them to actual zombies.  Cause I like resident evil like that.

That is one thing I miss about RE that started in 4, lack of real zombies.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 10, 2009, 05:23:55 PM »
I played this co-op with a friend of mine and I have to say the game is almost unplayable for me with analog aiming after spending so much time in RE4 on the Wii. My friend died and I would have been able to save him if I were using Wii controls.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2009, 07:38:27 PM »

I'd like a mix of both actually. Have dozens of slow moving zombies (maybe a Crimson Head or two) in certain areas and smarter Ganados (or whatever) types in others, wherever the gameplay suited it best.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 10, 2009, 07:40:15 PM »

I'd like a mix of both actually. Have dozens of slow moving zombies (maybe a Crimson Head or two) in certain areas and smarter Ganados (or whatever) types in others, wherever the gameplay suited it best.

That is a good compromise. One of my favorite sequences ever is in the beginning of RE2 with the fire and the meandering (creepy) zombies. Great stuff.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #299 on: February 10, 2009, 07:40:27 PM »
I like Regenerators more than any of them.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.