Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.  (Read 103909 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 5 is the greatest thing ever.
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2007, 04:59:51 PM »
There will be no version GTAIV or RE5 on Wii. Stop dreaming everyone.

The black Wii is supposed to have a longer remote from what i hear. Also once i get it, i'm never going back.

Hahaha...... I'm just immature enough to find that funny.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2007, 05:03:22 PM »
I wasn't dreaming about GTA for Wii I could care less. Though I would like to see RE5 on the system.

If capcom doesn't print money it's their loss.

Offline Gamebasher

• Flaming the competition...
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2007, 04:24:19 AM »
It will come out on Wii. RE4 did, and CAPCOM should see that it is a success with the gamers. So why not release the sequel too?

Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2007, 04:38:37 AM »

Originally posted by: Gamebasher
It will come out on Wii. RE4 did, and CAPCOM should see that it is a success with the gamers. So why not release the sequel too?

Well it's easier to port a game like RE4 to Wii than it would be to downscale and rework a game like RE5 to run on Wii.

The issue is, does Capcom want to spend the time and money doing such a thing?

Only time will tell.

Offline denjet78

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2007, 06:07:09 AM »

Originally posted by: Mashiro

Well it's easier to port a game like RE4 to Wii than it would be to downscale and rework a game like RE5 to run on Wii.

Only time will tell.

They did it to get RE4 on the PS2. If Wii continues to sell like it has I don't see why they wouldn't want to put the effort in for what will essentially be free money.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2007, 06:57:47 AM »

Originally posted by: denjet78

Only time will tell.

They did it to get RE4 on the PS2. If Wii continues to sell like it has I don't see why they wouldn't want to put the effort in for what will essentially be free money.

The vast difference between GC to PS2 games and Xbox 360/PS3 to Wii games is the technological gap between the systems.

While GC was more powerful than PS2, it didn't "blow it out of the water" when comparing system specs. This gen, there is a considerably larger gap between Wii and PS3/Xbox 360.

This isn't to say the Wii can't make beautiful looking games, it's just to say that it COULD be a far more difficult time downsizing the game to run on Wii.

I'm not saying it will be but it could be, and that could be one of the factors that prevents it from being ported.

Offline Gamebasher

• Flaming the competition...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »
Like Mashiro wrote:

Only time will tell!

But I think they´ll do it. Somehow. With dumbed down graphics, and a really cool pointer control to make up for the downsized graphics.  
Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline denjet78

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2007, 08:37:01 AM »

The vast difference between GC to PS2 games and Xbox 360/PS3 to Wii games is the technological gap between the systems.

While GC was more powerful than PS2, it didn't "blow it out of the water" when comparing system specs. This gen, there is a considerably larger gap between Wii and PS3/Xbox 360.

This isn't to say the Wii can't make beautiful looking games, it's just to say that it COULD be a far more difficult time downsizing the game to run on Wii.

I'm not saying it will be but it could be, and that could be one of the factors that prevents it from being ported.

I remember last gen when there were all these PC games being ported to the XBox and everyone saying that the games wouldn't be possible on the GC because it wasn't powerful enough. The truth of the matter was that the only reason the XBox saw those PC ports in the first place was because it was basically a self contained PC. But the whole power argument stuck with me. I was trying to figure out exactly what they were talking about since the GC seemed plenty powerful enough to me.

Flash forward a bit and Doom 3 is announced. People wet themselves over the games graphics. I said that if the XBox was capable of it, then the GC was to. Everyone jumped down my throat calling me dumb and stupid and blind. I asked why. The reason? Because the GC didn't support all the effects that the XBox did. So the game would be missing a few graphical effects. So what? The XBox didn't support all the effects the PC version of the game had. Did that mean the game should have never been ported to the XBox? I mean, if only perfect ports will do then none of those PC games should have shown up on the XBox. Besides that, almost no one owned a PC powerful enough to run Doom 3 at full speed with all effects on when it came out anyway. If you can't run the game at full speed with all effects on you're just playing a watered down version. You're not getting the full effect. You shouldn't be allowed to play it. Or at least that's what everyone seemed to be telling me.

This is why I don't like the power argument. The Wii is more than capable of running RE5, with some effects turned off and the assets scaled down to standard def. There are probably a number of caveats between the 360 and PS3 versions of the game as it is. Effects that one system supports but the other doesn't. Believe it or not, neither version is going to be an exact replica of the other. So again, why is it okay for other systems to receive ports when it seems that unless Nintendo's hardware is capable of absolutely perfect emulation it's simply not possible?

And I highly doubt that porting the game to Wii would be difficult at all. RE5 is obviously built off of the RE4 engine, which was specifically designed for the GC. Yet Capcom still managed to get that same engine running on the vastly inferior PS2. A superset of the engine should more than easily run on Wii. The only real excuse would be having to convert all the hi def assets into standard def but that's not really all that hard either, now is it. As it is, most developers start with assets that are far too powerful for the system to run and then whittle them down until it can.

Why couldn't that be done for Wii?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2007, 08:41:12 AM »
Those are tried and true sentiments, old, resurrected, but well said.

But it's impossible to port RE5 to Wii because Capcom doesn't like money and the game is just some silly spinoff since Mikami isn't around anymore to give it his blessing.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2007, 05:15:57 PM »
id did say that they could have gotten a version of Doom 3 up and running on the Cube, but the only thing that was really stopping them from trying harder was the low RAM that was available. Basically they were too lazy to work with the smaller(but faster) RAM requirements and took the easier and more straight forward Xbox route.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2007, 09:46:40 PM »
No one would have bought Doom 3 on Gamecube. No one. In fact, I'm convinced that, somehow, it would have sold negative copies. Maybe id could have gotten Doom 3 to work on Gamecube. So what? You can call it laziness, but I think it's more apt to call it sheer foresight. Some of Nintendo's own games didn't meet expectations.

And I don't think Capcom hates money, at least not in this case. They'll make more money by making an original RE game with Wii Edition controls.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2007, 03:17:22 AM »
You know it might help that their are third party engines in development that will allow you to pretty much just set your target to 360 or PS3 and boda boom it works.  I also like to mention that MS is trying hard to also make it that simple with the 360 and Vista.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2007, 03:25:47 AM »

Originally posted by: denjet78

Only time will tell.

New console game development should follow a route similar to PC. When they make a PC game, they have to make it run on various computers using a scaling process.  Like when you pick high med or low textures, your resolution, dynamic shadows, etc.  They should build in options like that into games so they can scale back a Wii version while using all the bells and whisles for the XB360/PS3.
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2008, 05:54:39 AM »
Zombie bump!

This was the only RE5 thread I could find in search (seriously how can search actually be worse than before?) Maybe vudu can find a newer thread?

Anyways I watched the latest footage of this game and their is little doubt that is a modified RE4 engine. Some of the animations are the same and the character control appears to be the same as well. I don't see any reason this couldn't be downscaled to the Wii. The gameplay actually looks a little blah and turned down my hype for the game. It wasn't scary at all and their was little spookiness or mood from RE4.

And Chris Redfield's 'roid arms looks stupid.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2008, 06:11:12 AM »
I sure hope they have a bald zombie marine, that would make the experience so much more creative. He could spout one liners as he takes down zombies. Then he could have the line "If zombies can ride that thing we can". SO COOL
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2008, 10:13:44 AM »
It just looks like another action (maybe action/adventure?) type of game, much like Resident Evil 4. As much as I enjoyed Resident Evil 4, it really took a step away from some of the things that had made the series great. RE4 had no real suspense (as you always had plenty of ammo!), and almost nothing in the way of puzzles. Theses things could coexist with the new aiming system (even if THAT system still feels as clunky), but Capcom won't try because am actiong ame sells better. :(
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2008, 09:43:45 PM »
The survival horror-est part of the entire RE series, to me, was early in RE4 when you first stumble upon the little hamlet and have to find a cranny to take refuge in as the villagers begin their pressing attack.  It was a short segment, but it was very effective at making me feel isolated and fragile. 
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2008, 11:44:12 PM »
They could further add to the element of food (eggs and such) as being a necessity of survival while outrunning enemies that can hear your careless movements and smell the blood from your un-bandaged wounds. An action-oriented Resident Evil could certainly retain it's survival-horror aspects with some Snake Eater-like upgrades. I agree that the beginning of Resident Evil 4 showed just such promises, but quickly went down hill in terms of this and became extremely linear.

I still want puzzles to make a bigger comeback. They don't have to be Armor Keys and such, but something outside of killing hordes of enemies all of the time would be great.

Regardless, I played through Resident Evil 4 several times right in a row. It was a fun game, but it was solely lacking staple features from the earlier games.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2008, 12:56:14 AM »
The kind that allows the REmake to be replayed and beaten in 2 hours from scratch?

« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2008, 12:05:05 AM »
They could further add to the element of food (eggs and such) as being a necessity of survival while outrunning enemies that can hear your careless movements and smell the blood from your un-bandaged wounds. An action-oriented Resident Evil could certainly retain it's survival-horror aspects with some Snake Eater-like upgrades. I agree that the beginning of Resident Evil 4 showed just such promises, but quickly went down hill in terms of this and became extremely linear.

The first part of the game was creepy, so that's nice.  The second part, in the castle, had some neat puzzles.  There weren't a lot of them, but it was sort of a throwback to the earlier RE games.  It wasn't until you invaded Cobra Commander's island base in the final third that the game started to feel like they were running out of ideas.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2008, 01:56:49 AM »
Cobra Commander's island.... classic!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2008, 05:43:24 AM »
The first part of the game was creepy, so that's nice.  The second part, in the castle, had some neat puzzles.  There weren't a lot of them, but it was sort of a throwback to the earlier RE games.  It wasn't until you invaded Cobra Commander's island base in the final third that the game started to feel like they were running out of ideas.

That sums it up perfectly.  This would explain why RE5 so far looks like it's just an extension of the island part at the end of RE4.  They ran out of ideas during the end of RE4's development and since RE5 is looking like RE4 in HD, it's just picking up right where RE4 left off.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »
Did any of you guys see this video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/244701.html

Nothing seems out of place until the :48 second mark, then things look a bit familiar.  Funniest thing and a perfect example of how this game could be done on the Wii with a graphics reduction.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
BUH BUH DIS GAME CAN ONLY BE DA NEXT GEN HD!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2008, 10:55:58 PM »
Chris PUNCHED a dude.

Might as well be MAYOR MIKE HAGGAR.