Author Topic: Star Trek coming to Wii? According to Gametap ,yes yes it is.  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Source: Kotaku.com

I did look on Gamefly for it and it WAS up but now it is seemingly down (a link on nintendojo.com which linked to the actual page no longer works and shoots you back to the main page).

The box art is pretty convincing and as was stated in various articles regarding this, Gamefly is usually spot on when it comes to this stuff.  

Offline therat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Star Trek coming to Wii? According to Gametap ,yes yes it is.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:10:21 AM »
so weird, i was just watching star trek (been watching it a lot lately, always loved it, but loving it now more then ever) and was wondering if any star trek game was half way as intellectual as the show.  

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:24:38 AM »
I think you meant Gamefly, but I won't tell anybody .

I've never watched a star trek episode all the way through. Is it any good? What's so cool about it?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 11:27:39 AM »
Fixed.

TY Kashogi, I was looking at Gametap in another window lol.

I don't personally like Star Trek so I can't tell you what is so good about it sorry!

(I know goldenphoenix likes Star Trek though, maybe she will letcha know)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »
It still says GameTap in the thread title though.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
RE: Star Trek coming to Wii? According to Gamefly ,yes yes it is.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 01:42:10 PM »
No it doesn't you crazy person you . . .

::runs away::

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 11:01:05 PM »
This is amazing news. I loved Tactical Assault on the DS, and now since I got Parallels 3 I have gotten around to playing some older Trek games that I never had the chance to play due to my Mac using (right now it's Starfleet Command II, and I hope to soon dive into Bridge Commander.

therat: Most Trek games tend to be simulations of starship combat, though if you're seeking something more in line with the show a lot of the old graphic adventures (such as the Star Trek 25th anniversary game) played very similarly to the show, and, although as noted above I haven't played it yet, from what I understand Bridge Commander wasn't all combat and gave you missions that were more like an episode of one of the shows.

There is a very good chance that if we do get a Star Trek game for the Wii it will be a (possibly enhanced somewhat) port of Star Trek Encounters, released earlier this year for the PS2, which after a quick check of GameRankings I notice averaged 54% with sub-four scores from a lot of the major sites. Although since I loved TA and that didn't average much better than that and the fact that I probably couldn't stop myself from buying any Star Trek game that came to a console I play regularly, I'll probably buy it anyway.

A suggestion for a future Wii Trek game: A new Elite Force with Metroid Prime 3 style controls.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 06:46:48 AM »
Sweeeeeeet
I can't wait for it. I hope its better then the StarTrek game we got for the Xbox360, It was a good game but you could tell the game was released a couple months premature.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Star Trek coming to Wii? According to Gamefly ,yes yes it is.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 06:48:05 AM »

Originally posted by: therat
so weird, i was just watching star trek (been watching it a lot lately, always loved it, but loving it now more then ever) and was wondering if any star trek game was half way as intellectual as the show.

You should try Bridge Commander, especially with all the great mods out there.  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144