Author Topic: Iphone  (Read 18699 times)

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Iphone
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »
Man, this reminds me how much my current Iphone sucks, durability wise.  So I bought the 16gig Edge in March of 08, then it broke about 350 days later, so I got a replacement.  My replacement lasted 11 months, and now part of the touch screen doesn't work, and it just runs really slooooow.  I'm eligible for a new model, but I'm going to try waiting it out until June for the next iteration.

It was pretty crazy, all within one month, my Imac, 5th gen ipod, and Iphone all broke down in some way.  Go Apple!
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 07:50:38 PM »
They ditched the "quality" business model and went with the "quantity".
Feed the need to keep upgrading and make money hand over fist.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 09:11:22 PM »
Ancient bump!
Hey, my cousin just got an iPhone, what can you people recommend for good free apps?

Words with Friends.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 09:32:17 PM »
nickmitch!!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 01:04:11 AM »
nickmitch!!

nickmitch is an app?

Also, i suddenly remembered a cool app i've seen on the iphone (that i've unfortunately haven't seen on the android service) called "knocking" (i think). My cousin showed it to me on his iphone and it looked pretty fun...

what it is, is sort of video IM type service. You create some sort of user ID and share it with friends, and you're able to knock at their door so to speak and send them a live video feed from your iphone (and vice versa). When he showed me, he asked his friend to "knock" him and she did;

the iphone gets a notification (with a door knocking noise too, which didn't seem to go away until he accepted the Knock...) then we see his lady friend flip us the bird, turn the phone around as she walks to her kitchen where she had written on a small magnetic whiteboard "jeff is good at sucking cox" and we LOL'd.

It seemed cool until i realized:

A. there's no sound during the video streaming.

B. the video quality itself is pretty bad (when it comes to motion)

C. it seemed you need to make some sort of account (by creating the userID) in order to populate a buddy list when you could.. you know.. just take a video with your iphones camera and email/text it to a friend you already had saved in your phonebook.

i mean seriously, why would you need live viideo for if you can't even do a video chat session? I'm not sure of the iphones supposedly limited multi-tasking capabilities; if it'd let you make a phone call, then open up the app and start a video chat with your friend.. OH WAIT! there's no camera on the front of the phone so that would'nt work anyway, unless it was one way video chat NEVERMIND.

Useless app.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 06:01:44 AM »
^^^What a pointless post.

Anyway, I really like the Gun app. That one just makes my happy everytime someone busts it out.

Also, is there an app that allows you to time a txt message? There are so many times that I wish I could type out a txt message and time it to send it later. There's so many uses for it that I can't imagine that it hasn't been made. It'd also be great if you could txt yourself and time that txt. So if you really needed to get out of a situation, you could type up a message in the bathroom or something then have that txt come in 10 minutes later while your back and then use whatever you typed to GTFO of that place.

If there's not such a thing, then I'm going to make it.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 09:59:19 AM »
^^^What a pointless post.

Anyway, I really like the Gun app. That one just makes my happy everytime someone busts it out.

Also, is there an app that allows you to time a txt message? There are so many times that I wish I could type out a txt message and time it to send it later. There's so many uses for it that I can't imagine that it hasn't been made. It'd also be great if you could txt yourself and time that txt. So if you really needed to get out of a situation, you could type up a message in the bathroom or something then have that txt come in 10 minutes later while your back and then use whatever you typed to GTFO of that place.

If there's not such a thing, then I'm going to make it.

pointing out shitty apps isn't useless :P There's TONS of apps out there but I'd say more than half are utterly useless/pointless and the rest are divided between a small percentage of games or copy cat apps.

As for your texting application; I'm  unsure about the iphone but I've seen numerous messaging apps on the Android Market that offer such a feature. Because those apps tend to be much better than the OS's standard messaging app, they're highly rated on the service. For that same reason, I believe that apple would block such apps from it's service. From every account I've read, apple has (at least recently) removed any app it feels enhances or completely outperform native iphone apps.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 05:21:41 PM »
I was only joking about your last post. In fact, I think I giggled when you described what that girl did.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2010, 05:53:21 PM »
haha you giggle!? loser ;)

now THAT was a pointless post

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »
I giggle when something isn't funny enough to chuckle at.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2010, 01:33:02 AM »

pointing out shitty apps isn't useless :P: There's TONS of apps out there but I'd say more than half are utterly useless/pointless and the rest are divided between a small percentage of games or copy cat apps.

More than half is a ridiculously generous estimate. There are 150,000 apps on the store, and at least 147,000 of them are garbage, and I say that as someone who loves his iPhone and would argue that there is a lot of great stuff on the App Store. The trick is finding it among all the crap.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2010, 05:42:38 PM »
I just heard on the radio that iPhone is coming to Verizon and sprint this summer with a brand new version of the phone.

I guess that means that iPad may also be making the jump to the other 3G networks too.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2010, 05:50:21 PM »
In my convo with Wiggles, I forgot to tell you about the best iphone app.

Get ready...

Live Police Scanner app! Listen to what the police are doing at all times! Use the code index to find out what they are talking about! It's perfect!

Throwing a party and want to make sure it doesn't get busted -- listen to the scanner every now and then.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:52:31 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 09:42:44 AM »
I haven't heard anything about Sprint (and I really doubt that it would ever happen), but they've been saying the iPhone is coming to Verizon for years. I'm so excited to not buy one. My next phone will be powered by Android.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 02:56:38 PM »
I've checked the news stories and word is that Apple will bring a version of the iPhone 4G to Verizon this year (sept.) and will reveal it this summer.

The radio said Verizon & Sprint, but that might have been an assumption on their part since Sprint and Verizon have compatible 3G networks and both work on very similar standards (CDMA?).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2010, 03:34:13 PM »
Yes, they're both CDMA. The thing is, nobody uses Sprint (even you do, nobody else does), so I can't imagine Apple putting their product on anyone besides Verizon and AT&T. Still...I could care less, unless they make a ton of improvements, get rid of iTunes, let you install apps from anywhere you want...nah, even then I probably wouldn't care. Wake me up when Verizon gets the Nexus One.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 03:59:01 PM »
i with you on that. I have no interest in the iPhone since I have not liked a single Apple product I've ever used, especially iTunes.

But alot of iPhone users should be happy to know that for pretty much exactly what they are paying now, they can get their iPhone on a more reliable 3G/4G network with less dropped calls.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 05:06:59 PM »
I don't understand how this became newsworthy. It's been rumored so heavily for so long that anything short of Apple or Verizon coming out and confirming it themselves isn't anything new.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
Well it's supposed to be revealed this summer, that is the newsworthy part of it I guess.

If they are spouting it on the radio then it must be a pretty solid or at the very least widespread and all but confirmed since mainstream is usually the last to hear about anything and only talk about it once it's been somewhat confirmed.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2010, 09:16:35 PM »
I don't know if Apple's starting the controlled leaks or what, but the rumors are starting to fly. The new iPhone is now rumored to use a chip like the one in the iPad, which was built by a company that Apple recently acquired, a pretty safe bet. Less of a slam dunk is the claim of the screen resolution fully doubling, increasing to 960x640, as well as a second, front-facing camera to enable video chat, and the already heavily-rumored 3rd Party Multitasking. The name "iPhone HD" has begun to circulate, but so did the name "iSlate," and we know how that turned out, as well as a June 22nd release.

[source]

J.P. Corbran

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 01:51:20 AM »
All, hell ya!  So glad I'm holding out these last three months for whatever this things gonna pack.  I'd love some video chat, so long as its runs smooth.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 08:56:31 AM »
Apple need to get more Nintendo-like with their rumour leakage.

I'm not anti-iphone but i am anti-lockin which Apple are fond of. I don't like iTunes that much and it's usually tied to a network for 18/24 months on an expensive contract - £35+/month is far too high - and doesn't provide enough minutes/allowances.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »
BnM have you seen the specs for the HTC Incredible? Very close in design and perormance to the Nexus One (though the 1Ghz Snapdragon is downclocked to 768Mhz), supposedly it will be hitting Verizon within the next 3 weeks or so. If this is true, then it will be my next phone.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2010, 04:03:12 PM »
Is it the same as the HTC EVO 4G on Sprint? Is it really called HTC Incredible?
I'm off to go look it up.

I'll post about it in the Verizon Phones thread.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:07:05 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2010, 02:24:37 AM »
nickmitch!!

Yes, nickmitch is my username on Words with Friends.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.