Author Topic: Anime  (Read 120687 times)

Offline BwrJim!

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Anime
« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2009, 11:20:53 AM »
but 5 weeks of  "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"   missing???   wouldnt be the same

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2009, 02:27:39 PM »
I was disappointed with Death Note's ending. I read the manga, and decided not to watch the anime because it could be boring. Then someone pointed this out to me: Take a potato chip, and eat it!

I haven't watched Dragon Ball Kai, but I've heard that they basically compressed the battles and filler scenes to a more reasonable duration.

I watched DeathNote with subs. It's was my favorite anime....up until the point where L dies.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2009, 02:38:38 PM »
I don't like the little twerps, L's succesors.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #278 on: September 29, 2009, 02:42:39 PM »
Just finished watching Bakemonogatari (12 eps available), a story about cute schoolgirls troubled by monsters/curses/demons.  It's from the same production studio that made Sayoonara Zetsubou Sensei, so the scene cuts are rapid, erratic, and nonsensical.

Immediately started watching Aoi Hana (11 eps avaialble), a quiet story about cute lesbian schoolgirls.  It's from the same production studio that made Azumanga Daioh, and they used a similar approach to the color palette, so the imagery is soft and soothing on the eyes, aside from the blushing schoolgirls.

Edit:  I just remembered one of the cute schoolgirls in Bakemonogatari is also a cute lesbian schoolgirl.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 06:24:05 PM by NinGurl69 *huggles »
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
Now, I overtake Naruto Shippuden and wish many animations more and was leaving me.   I was constant to quit to very early, although I see Bleach before.   Hajime No of Ippo I saw which Hajime, but I was cancel.   Other than that what are good although I see it in addition to Bleach, the that I retake delay now? 
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2009, 03:51:07 PM »
I do not understand animates all that a lot of, I am really inexperienced to this thing kind.  Can-quelqu' one to suggest where I can begin myself to calm in him?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2009, 03:56:46 PM »
Are you asking what anime would be a good place to start yourself at?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2009, 04:01:27 PM »
To improve, I know I love you would have been, what your knowledge, so that I better a number, please.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2009, 04:10:12 PM »
Your not making much sense.

Anime is something I don't have alot experience with. So I will recommend  some titles that I liked.
Love Hina, Kino's Journey, Bleach, Ruroni Kenshin and Samuari X. Both of those are part of the same storyline but Samuari X is before Kenshin.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

How could I forget Excel Saga. It is funny as anything I have seen. Gintama I believe it is called is funny as well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 04:14:06 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2009, 04:20:15 PM »
If you have never seen, I recommend Cowboy Bebop. To be sure, is going to answer in this situation, however, that this is just great. But I do like the anime, I really enjoyed. Plus, since there are only 20 some of them are quite small, some difficult episodes than trying to jump to that long existed.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 01, 2009, 11:35:42 PM »
Why is Plugabugz acting like a spambot. Is he trying to lure them?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 09:24:39 AM by Caliban »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 12, 2009, 05:07:16 PM »

Vudu is doing it too. I think they are infected with a virus that makes them talk like that, though I first thought they were just trying to annoy Maxi. Luring bots makes sense too. Lull them into a false sense of security and then spring the trap! Bot stew for lunch.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #287 on: October 12, 2009, 05:25:11 PM »
Gonna wrap up Sora ni Manimani, another short series with cute schoolgirls.

Started watching a brand new series called Kimi ni Todoke, starring a cute schoolgirl with a very light modest/embarrassed voice, who looks like and is treated like Sadako from The Ring.

Also started watching a short brand new fantasy/RPG themed series called The Sacred Blacksmith, with no schoolgirls.  The lead is a cute lady knight, some aspects are intentionally cheesy and light-hearted, and the series is starting to reveal its affection for lovely anime boobs.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 12, 2009, 05:54:01 PM »

Vudu is doing it too.

Oh my. The plague is starting to spread onto humans. Quick, somebody do something about it.

Also started watching a short brand new fantasy/RPG themed series called The Sacred Blacksmith, with no schoolgirls.  The lead is a cute lady knight, some aspects are intentionally cheesy and light-hearted, and the series is starting to reveal its affection for lovely anime boobs.

Ah I've been wondering what The Sacred Blacksmith was really about.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #289 on: October 12, 2009, 07:01:27 PM »
Cute Lady Knight broke her family sword early in the first episode (it was her first time, she was inexperienced, and she's ashamed of it) so she begs super cool renegade sorta loner-ish katana-wielding Blacksmith guy to make her a new one.  Blacksmith guy's young elven assistant is adorable.

If it turns out to be a 11/12/13 episode series, the light-heartedness gives me hope it won't be too serious and we'll get to see more of Cute Lady Knight with less armor.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 23, 2009, 04:11:05 PM »
Being pro One Piece, i'm gonna keep at it until I make one fan. Anime or Manga!

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #291 on: October 23, 2009, 04:28:21 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that Anime is BAD for you.

After watching anime I don't feel like doing anything else, except watching more anime.  It zaps all motivation from me.  I don't spend time with my video juegos anymore, and even less/no time with my other hobbies.  Laundry gets washed and dried but it stays in an unfolded mountain pile.  I look forward to new fansub releases each week.

I've become a LAZY, USELESS OTAKU.  Somewhere in that definition implies purvurt.  But that's not the point.

Currently watching:  Kimi ni Todoke; Sasameki Koto; The Sacred Blacksmith; Nyan-Koi
Current favorite genres:  boobs, lesbians, schoolgirls
Always avoiding:  shota, cross-dressers, herm's

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 23, 2009, 09:26:32 PM »
I don't know why I love sports anime so much. Right now Cross Game is the one I'm watching more expectantly than Major.

Being pro One Piece, i'm gonna keep at it until I make one fan. Anime or Manga!

I've done it. A friend of mine. He doesn't like it at the level I do, but he enjoys it at the same level of other anime that he is currently watching. He read the manga too, all of it within the span of 2 days I think if not less.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 27, 2009, 07:32:06 PM »
I just noticed that Asura Cryin' is back. It's back on my weekly "favorites to watch list".

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #294 on: October 27, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »
Just started Princess Lover, a series about schoolgirl princesses with gloriously large boobs.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #295 on: July 04, 2010, 03:11:39 AM »
So I finished the 26 episodes of To Love Ru.There is a OVA of 6 episodes which I will watch tomorrow.

Basically the series is about a princess from outerspace and she accidentally gets engaged with a guy on Earth. This guy however likes another girl and awkwardness ensues and as well as hilarity and lots of crazy situations.

There are many other characters that have their own querks so I will let you guys watch it yourselves to find out.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:12:56 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2010, 12:25:54 PM »
I'm in a bit of anime bliss right now, as yesterday Funimation announced that they had finally acquired the rights to Hellsing Ultimate V through VII, Shana Season 2 (and movie), and the new Trigun movie.  They also relicensed a lot of the older Geneon back catalog, so it's been a good weekend for good anime in the West.

As for what I'm watching, I'm rewatching a series I haven't seen in years but I mildly enjoyed way back then: Dual - Parallel Trouble Adventure.  Yes, it's an incredibly stupid series and a royal knock-off of Evangelion, but it just has this charm about it and a good sense of fun that I enjoy.  Besides, however bad it is it's still probably better than most of the moe trash that dominates anime these days.

Sometime in the near future, I'm probably going to rewatch some old favorites like Big O; Gatekeepers; and Vandread.  Those should keep me occupied between releases of the new Fullmetal Alchemist series.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 04, 2010, 01:22:10 PM »
Slayers has been my favorite almost since the beginning.  There has been nothing out for it for over a decade (I'm pretending that absolutely awful "movie' that came out a few years back never happened).  Then they suddenly released two 13-episode series last years, with all the original Japanese and English voice actors from the TV show back (I really don't like the voice actors they got for the OVAs).  The series were excellent if you like Slayers, they stayed very loyal to the plot and tone of the original series.  Except for the slight changes in artwork due to technological changes in since the last series was made, it was like the series never stopped. 

They also didn't bother with even a 30-second review of what had happened up to that point, if you haven't watched all 3 of the previous series and at least a few of the OVA's you wouldn't have even the slightest clue who the characters were, not to mention what they were supposed to be doing.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 07, 2010, 07:05:50 PM »
So I finished the 26 episodes of To Love Ru.There is a OVA of 6 episodes which I will watch tomorrow.

Basically the series is about a princess from outerspace and she accidentally gets engaged with a guy on Earth. This guy however likes another girl and awkwardness ensues and as well as hilarity and lots of crazy situations.

There are many other characters that have their own querks so I will let you guys watch it yourselves to find out.
I was always interested in To Love Ru if only because it's basically Urusei Yatsura. Lum > all

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 07, 2010, 08:02:12 PM »

I was always interested in To Love Ru if only because it's basically Urusei Yatsura. Lum > all

Urusei Yatsura's a series I've been curious about for a while now (what the hell...I enjoyed Ranma and even Inu Yasha to a point), but finding an English dubbed version has been...difficult. I guess the DVDs have been out of print for too long.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.