Author Topic: According to IGA, the true Castlevania fanbase is on the PSP  (Read 14564 times)

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
RE:According to IGA, the true Castlevania fanbase is on the PSP
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »
I don't think he believes what he is saying at all.  He simply needs to give everyone a reason why he is moving the game to another platform and since no valid reason exists he decides to throw in a false stereotype just to back it up.  Half truths and propaganda are used all the time to justify poorly performing games and receiving money hats, nothing has changed.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: According to IGA, the true Castlevania fanbase is on the PSP
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2007, 02:37:05 AM »
Some people, like IGA, put their mouths in motion before they put their minds in gear.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2007, 10:19:01 AM »

Originally posted by: SixthAngel
I don't think he believes what he is saying at all.  He simply needs to give everyone a reason why he is moving the game to another platform and since no valid reason exists he decides to throw in a false stereotype just to back it up.  Half truths and propaganda are used all the time to justify poorly performing games and receiving money hats, nothing has changed.

I think you are right, all this is, is a way to promote their games to the PSP crowd. I'll admit though I am getting tired of the mature argument used against Nintendo from Konami, especially taking into consideration the new statistics on the age of the average Wii gamer. Oh well, they will hopefully learn sometime!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline RawsteelUT

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2007, 06:31:19 PM »
I'm going to at least try to give the guy a little credit.  He can't be a complete jackass.  What I want to know is:

A)What were the sales numbers for each of the DS Castlevanias?
B)How much lower (or higher) are these numbers, on average, than the GBA Castlevanias?
C)Considering Konami's top PSP game was Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (definately not a game for kids), what were the PSP sales for it?  Perhaps IGA expects it to do at least somewhat as well?
You got nine lives?  Well I got ten shots.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »
Dunno about Japan, but in America Portrait of ruin actually whipped Metal Gear Portable in its launch month.  Which is pretty great considering that Castlevania wasn't supposed to save the DS and turn it all around.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
And that Metal Gear Solid Portable came out after Christmas?

... wait a sec, I remember hearing that MGSPO moved like 100k units in its launch maybe? I'm not sure if that's true... but if so, then how can anyone deny PoR hit a large audience?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2007, 02:03:02 PM »
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin were both released on the SAME DAY, December 5th here in America.  Metal Gear wasn't even able to hit the 100,000 mark in the NPD's sales for December while Portrait of Ruin sold around 120,000 copies in December.

Yet, Konami and IGA still believe the DS is for kids and the PSP is where all the older gamers are at.  Even though sales data has proven them wrong, they still love to insult the system that's doing them well, while giving all their love to the system that doesn't care for them at all.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2007, 08:43:40 AM »
stupidity knows no bounds.  when the PSP castlevania fails to sell well, I suspect that they will try again just to see if it were a fluke, like LoI and then CoD for PS2.  Then maybe after that they will realize that they were wrong.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2007, 05:43:38 AM »
Why is the DS a "children's system"? I never understood why Nintendo systems always get this stereotype. Is it because Nintendo doesn't make prostitute murdering simulations?

Nintendo doesn't make all the games, and Konami and others should realize that they as third party developers can influence the image of the system as well. If third parties made games for "mature" audiences on the DS and Wii then they can build such a market there. Just because Nintendo doesn't make murder/horror games doesn't mean that they can't.
is your sanity...

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2007, 07:08:42 AM »
Hmmm... I just put down a pre-order for Brothers-In-Arms DS, maybe I should pre-order Dementium: The Ward as well now?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.