Author Topic: Madden 2008 Wii  (Read 3706 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Madden 2008 Wii
« on: May 28, 2007, 07:31:26 AM »
Mii's are used in mini-games, that exist along side the standard main game.  Also, it will feature online tournaments and roster/stat updates.  It sounds like there may be a quality game worth picking up somewhere in there.  Though I'm not personally too sure, I think there are more added features than normal for this version.

Source  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE: Madden 2008 Wii
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 10:18:24 AM »
This version looks to have all the features of the other versions (PS2/PS3/360) with the included fun factor of waggle. This could be the version to own. This might be the Madden that gets all your PS loving friends to finally hop on over to the Wii. The only thing this version appears to be missing is HD grafix and we all know that that isn't really important at all. now is it.

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 10:29:31 AM »
NP reported a telestrator mode. Everything looks good. Definitely picking this one up along with the other futbol title from EA.  
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 10:44:35 AM »
I'm gonna resist buying this on princiuple of having bought it last year.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline clevelandst124

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Madden 2008 Wii
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
Having owned this last year, this will be at least a rental.  It was a solid game last year, but there is three things I need to have improved to buy the game.

1.  Menu operation.  Seriously, what was wrong last year.  You need to use the pointer, A, B, 1, & 2 buttons (plus nunchuck).  It's annoying as crap as about as un-intiutive as you can get.

2.  Defensive selection.  The pointer would get much smaller as if you were going down the field.  This made it difficult to select the Safety positions.  It should be just point and click.

3.  QB thowing with the wimote.  Seemed not quite as accurate as I've experienced in prior madden's.  Particularly the snap and throw.  Those all ended up as wounded ducks not close to the mark.

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 02:34:02 PM »
I almost can't believe EA is going to make this happen.  I'm just so used to get the shaft in terms of sports games from them on Nintendo systems I assume the worst unfortunately.  But this...this has got me very excited for BOTH games and I'm not really a soccer guy.

Looking to the stars and wishing for NCAA and NHL...

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 04:44:52 PM »
Well, $100 says NBA Live and Fight Night will be online too.  And if Fight Night is online, that's instant purchase given they don't screw anything up.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 06:31:33 PM »
Give me hockey or give me death!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 08:40:29 PM »

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 02:37:12 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/868/868496/img_4615645.html

Prettier Confirmed?

Definitely a step-up up from '07.  It's a step up from Xbox too.

The only thing that has me irked is there are no online leagues in this version.  It had to be held off until '09.  But this is made up for by the mini games which rock incredibly.

"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Geech

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 06:33:01 AM »
I own Madden 07 and while I enjoyed it I just don't see enough in this one to pick it up. I'll wait until next year when they can have some more time with the online component and maybe even include voice chat. Though the telestrator idea where you can draw on the screen is rather cool.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »
Bad news:

EA Friend Codes

As of now EA will be conducting their own friend code system, unless Nintendo fixes things it would seem EA will stick to their own friend code system.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 10:33:11 AM »
I see that as an interesting step:  Nintendo allowed an online system that doesn't entirely mesh with their own set-up.  I have to wonder if you connect to the Nintendo WFC to play games online, or if you connect to EA owned servers.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 02:43:28 PM »
You connect to EA Nation.  You have to come up with an account and everything before playing online.