Author Topic: Big Brain Academy looks fun!  (Read 2188 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Big Brain Academy looks fun!
« on: April 29, 2007, 08:46:33 PM »
Before this my interest in the game was nearly non existent. I mean, I thought the DS game was fun, but slightly forgettable. Once you reach the highest weight the game becomes old.

Big Brain Academy Wii Degree looked like it could be more of the same, until I read the latest previews and saw the new footage.

I honestly think it could be way better than the DS version and far more creative! One of the challenges actually has you listening closely to the Wiimote's speaker, then on screen selecting the answer! What I find so cool about this is that last March I took a test in which one of the parts required you to listen to a conversation then write the answer on the answer sheet.

Not only that, the game gets props thanks to Mii usage. I can't state loud enough that there should be more games with Mii usage, so its great to see another game using them greatly.

Finally, the Wiiconnect24 feature looks like it could be a lot of fun.

So overall, it looks like Big Brain Academy Wii Degree could be more complete and even better than the DS version.

Anyone feel the same way?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:Big Brain Academy looks fun!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 11:45:20 PM »
brilliant thread!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 06:49:49 AM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos
brilliant thread!

Is this sarcasm?

*Raises eyebrow
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline trip1eX

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Big Brain Academy looks fun!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 09:49:33 AM »
Well I'm getting it.  But I like Big Brain Academy on the DS too.  

I like the Mii stuff and mp in the Wii version.  I played a little mp DS-DS and that was alright, but the mp looks  more exciting on the Wii.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 03:17:39 AM »
It's hard to say which multiplayer will end up being better.  The DS versions multiplayer was fun because everyone was doing the same puzzle.  It really made it feel more like a race where the "smartest" finishes a puzzle first and can then taunt the opponents.  In the Wii version, because everything is happening on one screen, cheating would be possible if everyone was doing the same puzzle.  Therefore they shuffle them all up.

I worry that games are going to often end with "You only won because I got the cheap <insert puzzle here> one where no one can do it."  It will be interesting to see how it comes out.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 07:28:39 AM »
They need to release a workout game for your arms and abdomen called "Big Brawn Academy".
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 07:40:36 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
They need to release a workout game for your arms and abdomen called "Big Brawn Academy".

Hell yes. I would buy that in an instant.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ShreddersDojo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 05:15:52 AM »
I'm waiting for the Wii 2, with more precise movements for games with a sword(Rather than just waving it around)  and full body control movement.  Twist, Dodge, jump, run, etc .

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 06:05:31 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale
I worry that games are going to often end with "You only won because I got the cheap <insert puzzle here> one where no one can do it."  It will be interesting to see how it comes out.

I'm not sure if this is an issue.  It seemed that while the game shuffles the minigames, overall everybody still has to complete the same ones.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Willi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 07:43:14 AM »
This game is a definite must buy for me. I also figured both players would play overall the same minigames but in a different order so you couldn't cheat by watching each other. Seems like the only and best way to go in a one tv setup.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 07:58:42 AM »
In the demo I played back in september, everyone played the same set, but I attributed that more to the fact that there were only 3 different types of mini games available.  I figured when more games were included it wouldn't be that way.  I could be wrong though.  I should have played it at GDC, but I didn't get a chance to.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram