Author Topic: Nights is being revived on Wii  (Read 46448 times)

Offline AwesomeMan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:NuGHTS is being revived on Wii
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2007, 01:15:51 PM »

Originally posted by: the1st_fret

D-Pad: Same as Saturn, control NiGHTS direction and movement

i would much prefer if the analogue was used for control of NiGHTS. the tilting for stunts sounds like it could be good, but the wiimote and nunchuck could both detect tilt so why not use that combo.

Offline the1st_fret

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2007, 03:11:29 AM »
Of course, the controls could be done completely stock without using tilt but using the Wii remote and nunckuck.

C and Z for stunts. Nunstick for NiGHTS movement, and A button for drill. B could also be a stunt button.

This wouldn't be great use of the Wiimote but who said that every game has to use motion sensing? If NiGHTS 2 were to play the same as the Saturn, this is the way i'd want to play it.

Something I was going to bring up on the forum was how I wish developers didn't feel like they had to make use of the motion sensing in every game when a button press would have done. Especially when they've programmed the game to lack responce to the Wiimote or it just doesn't feel right at all. Like in Red Steel, the Grenade throw. If I did an overarm thrown, my character would either do an underarm, or just not throw it. In fact, just about every gesture in that game failed.

More games like Excite Truck please, where the motion sensing 'works' and you don't have to move around too much. Or if you do, at least you know it's gonna pick it up.

I'm sure NiGHTS 2 will use motion sensing, but i'm baffled on how it will.

Any ideas on how to do stunts with motions sensing if you were using the Nunchuck too?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
RE: NuGHTS is being revived on Wii
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2007, 04:23:16 AM »
I think it should be like conducting a symphony.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2007, 04:39:11 AM »
I think all movement could be programmed to the nunchuck (motion-sensing, of course), while the Wiimote is used for some other new addition...Perhaps for manipulating objects in the environment like in Mario Galaxy?  Of course, the game could easily work with just the Wiimote, so I'll root for that... =3
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Innotech

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2007, 05:31:14 AM »
well, in Nights2's case, Sega was going to make a motion sensing version anyway on DC.  those hopes were obviously dashed, so when Nintendo came up with the wii, Im sure Sega's eyes lit up at the sight of the wiimote and said "thats it!"    So this isnt one of those cases where they are shoehorning motion controls for the sake of it, it was planned that way to begin with.

Offline the1st_fret

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2007, 09:46:14 AM »
Well i'm very interested to see how the game will control. Hopefully it'll keep all the same pace and precision the first game offered. I was worried at first about the Wii's motions sensing when I got my hands on games like Red Steel and even Warioware. But Excite Truck's controls have been pretty tight and haven't let me down. The controller's always responded to my turns perfectly, which goes to show its down to the developer's efforts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2007, 05:27:28 AM »
From German gaming magazine 'Game Reactor'

nothing more to say, that is all. carry on.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2007, 05:31:28 AM »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2007, 05:36:25 AM »
That's not German. .se is Sweden.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2007, 05:36:48 AM »
But for which system?

And I say that's a prank.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2007, 05:38:48 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
That's not German. .se is Sweden.

Whatever... foreign gaming magazine 'Game Reactor'

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2007, 05:38:49 AM »
Hmmmm... double post.

European gaming magazine then?

I can't be bothered to dissect Europe into different little sections, so I'll just group them all up into one.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2007, 05:42:25 AM »
It is the April Issue.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2007, 06:03:24 AM »
A prank on the front cover?  Yeah, right... =|

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2007, 06:22:41 AM »
Still skeptical...

I'm curious as to why that cover doesn't specify a platform. If true, this might not even be Nintendo related at all (though chances are it would be).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2007, 06:28:00 AM »
Adrock, this whole thread was started by a cryptic picture that was featured in The Official Nintendo Magazine of the UK aka ONM. So if this wasn't coming to atleast Wii or DS I don't see why they would care.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2007, 06:34:34 AM »
ONM is also known to be full of sh*t.

Look, I admit that the chances of the game (if this is real) being for Wii are higher than they are for competing platforms, but I won't celebrate until there's some concrete info. A picture of Nights playing an imaginary flute on the cover of a magazine that's printed in a language I don't speak or even vaguely understand doesn't actually mean anything to me. When I know the gaming is coming, I'll be the first to say, "Oooh, NiGHTS."

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2007, 06:36:05 AM »
So was the creator of Nights lying about his involvment or is this going to be the Shadow the hedgehog of NuGHTS games?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2007, 06:51:52 AM »
Adrock, I'm not even trying to push that this cover may be real, as its supposedly only a preview cover, as in not yet available, and could still be an April Fools prank. But if it does turn out to be real, I doubt ONM would tout its "World Exclusive" for a PS3, PSP or 360 game.

And now 2 other magazines are trying to cover the same story(one of them also being a Nintendo mag. - Ngamer), so I doubt they are all trying to pull off the same AF joke.  

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2007, 07:08:42 AM »
Well, my point is, because of ONM's sheer crappiness, their world exclusive might not even be NiGHTS at all. I distinctly remember that Leon Kennedy silhouette...

And aren't ONM and Ngamer published under the same company?

I simply want to wait for some confirmation. These stupid little teasers mean nothing to me.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2007, 07:23:17 AM »
I'm with you on this, as I don't even care for NiGHTS anyway. I've never played it and only seen it on video..... not impressed.  

Besides I posted a link to the Leon Kennedy thing earlier in this thread and was the one to tell everyone not to take ONM's hints as fact(don't want to see everyone possibly dissapointed later). But unless Game Reactor is also published by the same company, it would be a little wierd for 3 seperate magazines to have the same exclusive and one of them is willing to put it on the cover.

p.s. A subscriber to Game Reactor said that the magazine could arrive sometime this week, and he would confirm the cover wen it does. So I guess all we have to do it wait till then.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2007, 07:29:31 AM »
If the Sega that first made NiGHTS were the same Sega around today, then it would be megaton news, but since Sega of today is really worse than a bastardization of Sega from before, then this is only lukewarm news.  If we also got a perfect port of NiGHTS without any changes then there might be something to really go crazy-murder-wild about.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2007, 07:35:27 AM »
"I distinctly remember that Leon Kennedy silhouette..."

I believe this ended up being RE: Umbrella Chronicles news that they ended up not being able to print until everyone knew about it...

"I've never played it and only seen it on video.....not impressed."

Oh brother... *rolls eyes*  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2007, 07:44:21 AM »
What can I say? I haven't played it and I wasn't impressed by the gameplay video.
I hear it just like the Wii, you have to play it to fully get it. I hear its fun, but the video looked quite boring. I would give it try, but as far as what I've seen on Youtube, I was not impressed.
No offense to anyone that enjoys the game, I just couldn't simply see whats so great about it without having ever played it. I'm not trying to put the game down in anyway, but I'm also not gonna hype a game that I don't really know anything about gameplay wise.

I'm all for Sega releasing this game as I know lots of you would LOVE to see a sequel or even a remake. The more games the better, especially when they are games that the gamers themselves are asking for. I don't feel I have to be a fan of this game to bring the rest of you info on it and hope that you all get what you want gaming wise from it.

But I have no idea why I'm getting defensive over this, as it doesn't really matter anyway.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2007, 09:20:52 AM »
Frankly I don't care!

I knew posting crap about this would cause people to explode!

IMAGINE ALL THE AD REVENUE I'VE GENEREATED!!

"What do you guys think?"
this is the GoNintendo way
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.