Author Topic: Nights is being revived on Wii  (Read 46456 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:NuGHTS is revived and Wiiing
« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2007, 06:51:06 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey

Originally posted by: Ceric

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
Kairon: Your first point is very well made, but the second one not so much.  There's no comparison between Nights and that GBA stuff.

The game does look unimpressive next to Rogue Leader.  Factor 5 is really into optimizing, though.  It will take a developer like Square or Capcom to really show off Wii - Sega has made a few beautiful games, but most of the time it aims for middle of the road.  

So far I'd say that RE Umbrella Chronicles and Metroid Prime 3 are both looking like good "showcase" games for Wii, for what that's worth.

lol. Capcom.  No offence I don't think of them as people who push the technology because they can.  They push where they need to.  Hence the Megaman Series and like.

Capcom is guilty of laziness on it's million or so spinoffs and sequels, but as you say, it pushes when it needs to.  Resident Evil 4, Lost Planet, Devil May Cry...the company does push the graphical limits on its big games.

Which makes them unreliable in that regards.  Aren't they doing Treasure Island Z?  Interesting game and like but the actual graphics look to push the Wii as much as a little bit updated Windwaker from what I've seen.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline the1st_fret

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2007, 11:23:36 PM »
Anywayyyy, back to NiGHTS news.

I know there isn't much right now. But rumours are circulating that Reala is set for a return.

People are confused about the time dimension of the game. Wether its before or after the original.

I got the new issue of NGAMER and the coverage has given me some confidence in this game. Although still little has been released about Characters, plot etc.

But can we shut up about Graphics now? When did everyone become such Graphic Wh*res (thankyou sony) and why only so tough over this game?

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: NuGHTS is revived and Wiiing
« Reply #277 on: April 27, 2007, 05:49:16 AM »
Is Reala the villain or what?

I don't know why this particular game incites the graphics debate, maybe just because it's a highly anticipated game. Personally I don't care about graphics, I think this game looks fine, I just got caught up in which developers I think are interested in pushing graphics or not.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline the1st_fret

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2007, 05:28:05 AM »
I think Reala's set to return as a villain. Still, nothing is being said about the game. Except that its coming. Maybe they're just giving fan time to settle down before they reveal anything else. Except we're not that excited, especially since we know who's making it!

But... A few of the team members from the original NiGHTS are in the team. I know the original composer is back, as is the lead designer/developer of course.