Author Topic: Your favorite Holiday episode of your favorite show  (Read 1350 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Your favorite Holiday episode of your favorite show
« on: December 14, 2006, 01:29:42 PM »
Considering the commercialization of the Holidays forces TV shows to do at least one Christmas episode, which is your all time favorite Christmas episode of your favorite TV show.

Mine would be:
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air: The first Christmas themed episode where Will goes overboard with the decorations. I mainly like it because it reminds me of when mom would go overboard with the decorations and there was ALWAYS a reaction.

Family Guy: I LOVED it when Lois finally loses it and goes on a rampage at the end. It also isn't as mean spirited as the Futurama Christmas episodes.

Doctor Who 2005-2006: The Christmas episode was great, although the episode was more of a normal Dr. Who episode since they celebrate Christmas for like 10 minutes.

Animaniacs: They actually released a VHS made up of all the Christmas themed Animaniacs shorts. I always loved watching it as a kid, especially the Gold wrapper short.

Love Hina Silent Eve: OK, this is anime, not a normal TV show, but the special was really good, perhaps even better than the traditional TV special seen in the US.

I know some of my favorite Cartoon shows had Christmas episodes, but at the moment I fail to remember them.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Your favorite Holiday episode of your favorite show
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »
I used to watch Days of Our Lives back in the day (shut up), and every Christmas, there was always a heartwarming episode where Alice and the rest of the Horton family would put the ornaments on the tree.  And the unique thing about the Horton tree is that each ornament has the name of a family member on it (and since it's a soap opera, and the family trees are so tangled, almost every character has an ornament).  And whenever they put a dead person's ornament on, they'll do a flashback or something.  It's very touching.

Then the Simpsons episode where Bart wakes up early and ends up burning down the tree and all the presents.  I used to wake up super early on Christmas, before anyone else was up, and sneak downstairs.  And one year, I broke one of my toys!  So that episode always reminds me of what I did, even though my experience wasn't nearly as disastrous.

Nip/Tuck's Christmas episodes are always awful, because that's usually around the time of the season finale, when the show gets super duper outrageous.  Like trannys, drug lords back from the dead, castration, serial killers, incest, suicide, etc.  Still one of my favorites though.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Your favorite Holiday episode of your favorite show
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 04:53:52 PM »
A Christmas Story.

Not a TV show but we watch it everyyear and TBS plays it 24/7 on christmas day so its kinda like a mini series.

You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
RE:Your favorite Holiday episode of your favorite show
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 10:38:18 PM »

Originally posted by: matt oz
Then the Simpsons episode where Bart wakes up early and ends up burning down the tree and all the presents.  I used to wake up super early on Christmas, before anyone else was up, and sneak downstairs.

Great episode, and I totally used to do the same thing.

My favorite Christmas episodes are definitely the Futurama ones. All the ones with robot Santa Claus going on killing sprees because everyone is so naughty. They don't necessarily bring out the sentiment of the season, but they are damn funny.
Check out PixlBit!