Author Topic: Excite Truck haters: STFU!  (Read 13287 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Excite Truck haters: STFU!
« on: December 11, 2006, 01:43:24 AM »
Seriously, rent it, play the tutorial and get a few good hours under your belt before you rag on this game. It gets dramatically better once you understand all of the different methods you can use to accrue stars, how to perfect turbo jumps and how to ensure that you win in collisions.

There's something you can get from enough play time with this game at home that you just can't get at a demo kiosk...

The most underrated launch game of the Wii was Excite Truck, hands down.  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Excite Truck haters: STFU!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 02:15:32 AM »
I haven't had a chance to rent it yet as i'm still busy with zelda and hooked on wiisports.  Looks like lots of fun though.
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
RE: Excite Truck haters: for the love of Reggie, RENT IT!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 06:02:08 AM »
Yeah I love it.  Great game.  My favorite game besides the Zelda and WiiSports pack-in games.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:34:44 AM »
how are wii rentals? I havnt been to a rental store for games since n64, since every one of them blew gamecube owners off, glad to see their loss in money
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 06:48:50 AM »
Getting this for Christmas.  Good to hear this, reassures me that I didn't make the wrong decision.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 06:50:47 AM »
Best racing game ever (that isn't Mario Kart)...BELIEVE IN THE BIG **** TRUCKS!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
RE:Excite Truck haters: for the love of Reggie, RENT IT!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 07:07:36 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Best racing game ever (that isn't Mario Kart)...BELIEVE IN THE BIG **** TRUCKS!

I wouldn't go that far, but Excite Truck is much better than I had initially thought (based on my experience playing it for 15 or 20 minutes at a Wii demo kiosk a week prior to launch).
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 07:24:48 AM »
Well *I* went that far because it's the truth!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 07:49:27 AM »
What about F-Zero?  I love GX, even though it kicks my ass.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 08:22:00 AM »
Excite Truck is AWESOME.  I love F-Zero GX with all my heart, but I went back to playing it the other day and instantly felt the urge to go back to playing MOAR BIG DAMN TRUCKS!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 08:48:42 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Well *I* went that far because it's the truth!

I go that far too.  I am not a big racer fan and this game blew me away.  No more stupid analog stick and the extreme fast pace are great.  SUPER TRUCK SMASH

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 09:24:09 AM »
I'll reserve my judgement, but it'll take a hell of a lot to be better than F-Zero GX..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 09:51:19 AM »
Excite Truck rules! Seriously, this game is no sh!tty tech demo like everyone says. It has huge replayability on star earning alone. I just unlocked Super Excite Mode which holds a whole new challenge, and new levels, and from what I hear if you complete Super Excite with all S grades it unlocks a mirror mode.

Get on Excite Truck if you haven't yet, it is a ton of fun.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 09:54:11 AM »
Not to mention that the multiplayer is one of the most balanced and dare I say, epic, I've ever seen in a racing game...I had my cousin putting up quite a challenge within an hour and a half of him first getting his hands on the game...

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 10:13:04 AM »
I got to put MotorStorm PS3 and ExciteTruck Wii into direct comparison and i have to say ExciteTruck is a heck of a lot more fun, although MotorStorm was only the demo.  MotorStorm's original trailers are pretty decieving but MotorStorm's graphics are still pretty top notch, only problem is the game wasn't much fun.

ExciteTruck FTW!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 10:28:11 AM »
Excite Truck is at the top of my list of "maybes," along with Super Swing Golf and Elebits.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 11:18:07 AM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
I'll reserve my judgement, but it'll take a hell of a lot to be better than F-Zero GX..

For me all it would take would be a Solid racer that doesn't restart my machine.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 04:08:28 PM »
I have played a lot of Excite Truck in the demo stores, and I am not going to rent it, because I am hoping to get it for Christmas.  I hate realistic racing games.  I want my racing games to be focused on arcade fun with depth.  

My favorite racing games include:

Mario Kart
Excite series (Bike, 64, Truck)
F-Zero series

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 11:24:48 AM »
I'll be buying it this weekend.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 04:52:30 PM »
I'll be buying it when comes out in Australia (come out soon dammit) or when Datel come up with a Wiiloader.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 09:05:52 PM »
Excite Truck is fun......... just not worth $50.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2006, 09:52:10 AM »
I figure it's better to revive a thread on a game rather than create a new one saying the same thing.

I got Excite Truck for Christmas.  I've played it extensively (I've unlocked Super Excite), both by myself and with friends.
I love this game.
Seriously, as far as single player goes, it's the most fun I've ever had playing a racing game.  This includes F-Zero GX.  F-Zero seems put together better, but Excite Truck is definitely more fun and thrilling to me.
But that's not to say it isn't challenging.  I've only just gotten to the hardest part of the game (Super Excite, I'm still only at bronze) and I've already had some difficulty with it.  The challenge is tough and rewarding without being tedious (like F-Zero's story mode).
Two player is lots of fun, too, but I've had better multiplayer racing game experiences.  Namely Mario Kart.

So yeah.  I'd pay fifty dollars for it, if I hadn't gotten it as a gift.  Definitely worth a rent, and I highly consider it for purchase.  Give it more than an hour, though.  Once you really get the steering and stunts down, things get that much better.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Vundu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 12:08:11 AM »
I will be getting it when its released in the UK as apart from Wario not much else is due out I like the look of.
There are a lot scarier things than you, and I'm one of them!

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 10:33:10 PM »
I just have one question.

What Excite Truck haters? Everyone here seems to love the game or at least find it a slightly above average racer. I'm a huge racing game fan myself but only of arcade style racers. I won't have anything much to do with any game that claims "realism" as a benefit. Reality sucks ass. That's why I play games in the first place. And just as the first Burnout game surprised me with it's greatness so has this game. Excite Truck is the real deal if you're seriously into arcade-style, super fast racing games. It's just PURE fun. It's the best racing experience I've had since MK: DD without a doubt.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 01:43:24 AM »
I got the game for Christmas...and holy cow it is a great arcade racer.  Probably one of the best I have ever played...if not the best.  I personally only like arcade racers too.  Realistic racers, don't feel realistic and to claim to be simulations they just make the game pretty darn unplayable.

Excite Truck has so much strategy to it in the single player game that you just can't help but want to play it more and more.  Unfortunately the multi-player races are almost unplayable.  I am hoping for a sequel with online play and more tricks.  We have an awesome Spin, I think a flip needs to be added, doing the same technique for implementing the trick.