Poll

Will Nintendo pull off another 30 for 30 in Japan sales this year and, if so, how many times?

Yes. 1 time.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 2 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 3 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 4 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 5 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 6 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 7 times.
1 (9.1%)
Yes. 8 times.
0 (0%)
Yes. 9 times.
2 (18.2%)
Ninten-domination! 10 times or more that the top 30 goes to Nintendo Software.
4 (36.4%)
No. It doesn't happen once this year. Sony plays spoiler.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 16, 2023, 10:54:36 AM

Author Topic: Official Sales Thread  (Read 3194357 times)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Official Wii Sales Thread
« Reply #750 on: March 02, 2007, 07:42:58 AM »
Am I the only one who's starting to see a lot more Wii commercials on TV?  I wonder if demand is finally starting to ease up a  bit?  Soon the company won't be able to rely on perpetual shortages.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 02, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »
I actually saw one on French tv last night and it was the first time since the December 8th release date.
I don't watch much tv thoug so there may have been more before...
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 03, 2007, 03:32:32 AM »
Metal Gear Solid = sucks. I just can't get into a game where it's 70% cutscenes, and of the 30% if actual gameplay, 90% of that is played by trying to avoid action. That leaves 3% of the game experience for boss fights and throwing grenades that disable cameras.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 03, 2007, 03:56:00 AM »
Fire Emblem Wii did WAY better than I expected considering the trend of slow non-game type games like this and Zelda being phased out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:Official Wii Sales Thread
« Reply #754 on: March 03, 2007, 11:46:28 AM »
more #'s to chew on

MC 2/19 - 2/25

20?DS?MarioKartDS?17,000?2,105,000
63?DS?FFIII?3,800?995,000
61?DS?EtrianOdyssey?4,800?67,000
60?PS3?VF5?4,800?63,000
99?360?The Idol Master?1,700?31,000?(2/12 - 2/18?

DS CookingMama 20,000

Wii
Zelda?8,000?402,000
ExciteTruck?3,700?54,000
DBZ?3,100?108,000
Ennichi no Tatsujin?2,400?72,000

Offline Amodaus1

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 03, 2007, 01:10:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Actually, I downloaded the cutscenes from MGS3 and did just that.

You sure picked the right MGS to watch the cut scenes for. In my personal opinion MGS 1 and 2 sucked, and sucked real hard (not the gameplay just the story), HOWEVER, anyone who has not played 3 and continues to bash the series for it's lack of gameplay should come to understand that it's a standard game with about 20 hours of gameplay, with an ADDITIONAL 5 hours of cut scenes. Not only that but MGS 3 acctually had a decent story line, and i'd love to play a game where THE BOSS was the main character.

Greatest line though, "I need you!" "Say that again snake!" "I need you.... To fly the plane."

And to whoever said it sucked cause you avoid action, It's a stealth game, what can you want from it? If you like the gameplay of MGS but were turned away from the amazingly bad story (and pathetically short gameplay) of MGS 2, give MGS 3 a shot

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 03, 2007, 03:53:29 PM »
My favorite line in Twin Snakes was "A surveillance camera?!?!" because Snake sounded so incredibly pissed when he said it that my friends and I still joke about it to this day.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #757 on: March 03, 2007, 04:23:14 PM »

My favorite line in Twin Snakes was "A surveillance camera?!?!" because Snake sounded so incredibly pissed when he said it that my friends and I still joke about it to this day.

And my memory for lines in movies/games/TV series/anime fails me once more...Which scene was that? There were many scenes which involved security cameras, and I DO remember that a camera messed everything up, but where did it exactly happen?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 03, 2007, 04:31:02 PM »

Originally posted by: Amodaus1

Actually, I downloaded the cutscenes from MGS3 and did just that.

You sure picked the right MGS to watch the cut scenes for. In my personal opinion MGS 1 and 2 sucked, and sucked real hard (not the gameplay just the story), HOWEVER, anyone who has not played 3 and continues to bash the series for it's lack of gameplay should come to understand that it's a standard game with about 20 hours of gameplay, with an ADDITIONAL 5 hours of cut scenes. Not only that but MGS 3 acctually had a decent story line, and i'd love to play a game where THE BOSS was the main character.

Greatest line though, "I need you!" "Say that again snake!" "I need you.... To fly the plane."

And to whoever said it sucked cause you avoid action, It's a stealth game, what can you want from it? If you like the gameplay of MGS but were turned away from the amazingly bad story (and pathetically short gameplay) of MGS 2, give MGS 3 a shot

I was not impressed with MGS3, in fact I had more fun with MGS2, goofy story and all. In regards to the defense of MGS3 having 20 hrs of gameplay and 5 hrs of cutscenes, I hate to break it to you but that is still quite a bit. In fact that is 1/5th of the game being cutscenes!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #759 on: March 03, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »
On the subject of MGS, MGS 3 was my first Metal Gear. I had play tested Twin Snakes and MGS 2 before, but I never got around to fully playing them. After enjoying the demo I went ahead and rented MGS 3 for the weekend and I was HOOKED. I played the whole thing non stop, and when I finished it I was in awe. The story was fantastic and the gameplay was rock solid.

I was the one that recommended S_B to download the cutscenes, because he doesn't have a PS2. I saw the whole thing with S_B and while the thrill of playing through the story was very minor, it was still captivating.

I then borrowed S_B's copy of Twin Snakes. I loved it as well, ESPECIALLY the boss fights but the story wasn't as engaging as in MGS 3. There were tons of character drama, yes, and I loved the humanity the story brings to the cliched sci fi war story arc, but for some reason it didn't have me hooked. Maybe the reason I have much higher respect for MGS 3 is because it was my first MGS game and thus my first time experiencing such grand storytelling?

I skipped on MGS 2. I heard far too many horror stories that keep me from even renting the game.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 03, 2007, 05:06:16 PM »

Originally posted by: pap64
On the subject of MGS, MGS 3 was my first Metal Gear. I had play tested Twin Snakes and MGS 2 before, but I never got around to fully playing them. After enjoying the demo I went ahead and rented MGS 3 for the weekend and I was HOOKED. I played the whole thing non stop, and when I finished it I was in awe. The story was fantastic and the gameplay was rock solid.

I was the one that recommended S_B to download the cutscenes, because he doesn't have a PS2. I saw the whole thing with S_B and while the thrill of playing through the story was very minor, it was still captivating.

I then borrowed S_B's copy of Twin Snakes. I loved it as well, ESPECIALLY the boss fights but the story wasn't as engaging as in MGS 3. There were tons of character drama, yes, and I loved the humanity the story brings to the cliched sci fi war story arc, but for some reason it didn't have me hooked. Maybe the reason I have much higher respect for MGS 3 is because it was my first MGS game and thus my first time experiencing such grand storytelling?

I skipped on MGS 2. I heard far too many horror stories that keep me from even renting the game.

You love Sonic and the Secret rings along with MGS3? Batting a no hit game aren't we? Hehe
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #761 on: March 03, 2007, 05:23:15 PM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

Originally posted by: pap64

You love Sonic and the Secret rings along with MGS3? Batting a no hit game aren't we? Hehe

I haven't played Secret Rings. I defended it, yes, but I haven't played it.

I'll likely end up playing S_B's copy once he is fully done with it, so until then I am neutral on the game. I defended it because the game is rock solid (according to fan reception), plus I didn't like how you generalized Nintendo fans for liking games like SR and Red Steel.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 03, 2007, 07:15:58 PM »
Who here is hating on MGS3?

(Also read:  "Who here would like to be shot in the face?")
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 03, 2007, 07:46:23 PM »
Ignore the total mindf*ck story of Sons of Liberties and it's a better game than Twin Snakes. The problem with Twin Snakes is that Silicon Knights and Konami didn't redesign the levels to take advantage of the MGS2 gameplay mechanics. It made the game so much easier. On the bright side, they somehow made Grey Fox 10000% more badass than he already was.

I didn't play much of MGS3. I watched a friend play through some of it. A 30 minute boss battle? What the f*ck? And then there's the boss that releases the dogs with bees in their mouth so when they bark they shoot bees at you... actually, he just controls bees (or hornets) and shoots them at you which really, isn't that much less ridiculous.

Offline Amodaus1

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 04, 2007, 04:03:11 AM »
30 min boss battle?

You must be talking about The End. Whether you loved or hated that boss battle, you have to give credit where credit is due, IT's NOT a standard boss battle, and you can take MANY unique approaches to killing The END, one which come to mind is pushing your ps2 clock foward 2 weeks in time after you engage him, if you do this, he will die of old age. Either way, most people like the most that it's a sniper battle, some people don't.

And who said 5 hours of video = 1/5 of the game. You must have miss read my post, i said 5 ADDITIONAL hours. I never count cutscenes into my gamplay count, because your not playing. So if you want to compare mgs 2 which has a blazing 4 hours of gameplay to MGS 3 which has 20, we're talking 500% more game. Now if we talk ADDITIONAL cutscenes, MGS 2 has a blazing 500% increase over MGS 3.

Yeah i didn't like the pain, but i liked all the other bosses in MGS 3. Seriously, if you like MGS's gameplay you should try MGS 3, it is the best in the series, and will not dissapoint. I'm actually pissed that portable ops and 4 will not playable by myself, epessially 4, it looks promising.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 04, 2007, 05:07:28 AM »
You said 5 hours cutscenes, 20 hours gameplay. By my count that's 1/5th of the game spent watching cutscenes.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 04, 2007, 11:11:59 AM »
Even if it is 1/5 of the game, what's wrong with that?  (Then again, I run a Wing Commander fansite so I'm probably more partial to the whole "interactive movie" thing. :-P )

Offline Amodaus1

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 04, 2007, 11:22:21 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
You said 5 hours cutscenes, 20 hours gameplay. By my count that's 1/5th of the game spent watching cutscenes.

You can skip cut scenes, you can't skip gameplay. Thus cutscenes aren't counted

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 04, 2007, 11:24:35 AM »
OMG1 Wing Commander Fansite! Sign me UP!!!!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 04, 2007, 11:31:08 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
OMG1 Wing Commander Fansite! Sign me UP!!!!

I can't tell if that's a jab or not... :-\

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 04, 2007, 11:35:25 AM »
I LOVED PRIVATEER!!!!!

... but I was 11 at the time... so I could never get out of the Troy system without getting cut into ribbons...

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 04, 2007, 11:40:32 AM »
Haha.  Well you should give it another go now that you're "older and wiser"!  

Funny, one of the few things that actually gets discussed on our little site is work being done for a Privateer remake.  Like I said we're really small (just started up in January), and our core posters are modellers for WC fan projects at the moment.  Feel free to sign up, always great to have new members!  

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 04, 2007, 02:22:30 PM »
In Privateer I had a hard time getting my original Jelly Bean ship to where I could really play the game.  I ended up bouncing between my older friends save that I modified and saved differently and the one I actually earned.  Good times good times.  Wing Commander 1 on the other had I did well except for missions dealing with Mines or Asteroids...
I got the collection but I could never get it to run or my joystick to play the rest of them.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 04, 2007, 02:25:43 PM »
I just saw Privateer Gemin Gold.  I'm going to have to give that a try.

Salvaged Double post.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 04, 2007, 02:42:03 PM »
The sad fact of the matter is that freelancer just DOESN'T feel the same.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com