Author Topic: Walmart screwed me over  (Read 2352 times)

Offline sorsha6

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Walmart screwed me over
« on: November 19, 2006, 02:44:30 AM »
Hey everyone, just need to vent for a minute...
As of yesterday afternoon (when I called!) the Walmart in Ellsworth, Maine, was opening at 7am this morning... my friend and I arrived at 6:30 only to see signs that, in fact, they opened at midnight!  I asked an employee waiting to get let in what was up.
"Oh, we sold out of those this morning!  haha!" (as if I were a moron to ask)
ha ha?  AGH!!! Walmart totally screwed us!  So all the people who prepared and called ahead of time are SOL while people who just showed up got their Wiis.  Sigh.
Being that I'm up in Maine I have few choices of where I find a Wii until I go home to NY in a month.  Sigh.  So either I stake out evil Walmart every few days or I wait.  It sucks.
Just another reason not to shop at Walmart.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Walmart screwed me over
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 02:47:38 AM »
Ummm... not to defend the fact that they misinformed you on the phone, but if you showed up a mere 30 mins early, I highly doubt you would have gotten one anyway.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 03:21:21 AM »
They did the same thing to me.  Said they were opening at seven, ended up selling the last of them at 5:30.  Tons of other people in the BB line also said the same thing.

I blame Uncle Bob.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
RE:Walmart screwed me over
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 03:22:24 AM »
The Walmart near me had a raffle for who got one of their 36 units. It was also the most poorly planned raffle of all time. They gave out tickets to 500 of the something like 2000 people there. It was supposed to be 1 per family but they made no attempt at checking ID or anything so the 1st 500 people got tickets regardless. Then, they just put the tickets in a bucket a then picked numbers. The numbers were from 500-1000 and most picked were in the 900 range. If you were at the end of the line, you had a higher chance of getting one.

I'm not bitter as I didn't really want one, I was trying to increase the chances of a friend getting one, a plan which failed. A lot of people were pissed. There should have been priority to the people who have been waiting there all day. 500 tickets was just excessive.  

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 08:06:41 PM »
Fact: Wal-Mart hires retards.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 12:46:08 AM »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 12:51:28 AM »
Don't worry about it UB, I'm sure the nipple will cheer you up.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 03:32:05 AM »
My Wal Mart made us wait EVERY LAST MINUTE.  Right up to like 5 minutes PAST 7.   The TORTURE!  Maybe it's a Canadian thing but it seems like any time there's a big lineup to go into a store, they'll make you wait until AFTER opening time.  Would it have killed them to let us in just 5-15 minutes early?
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX