Author Topic: Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting  (Read 4789 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting
« on: November 17, 2006, 03:48:06 AM »
Has anyone heard anything new on this game? I googled it, and I can't find anything on it since it was announced back months ago. Was it really just an april fool's joke despite assurances it wasn't?

Man, I am actually looking forward to this and would hate for it to be a joke.
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE: Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 05:04:40 AM »
If it was indeed an april's fools joke, then it got A LOT of coverage. I recall a lot of websites and magazines posting the Bob Ross press release, even stating that it wasn't a joke.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Donutt007

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 05:15:33 AM »
No, I think it's still on. Just in development
Bob Ross

Bob RossĀ® Video Game Art Contest
Contest is now closed -- thank you for all the fine entries! Judging will take place in the coming weeks

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 11:05:25 AM »
This'll definitely take them some time to work out.

...I'll buy it though.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 06:12:13 PM »
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 07:28:19 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

However will people draw phallic objects in the place of happy little trees now?!
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 02:49:34 AM »
Here in canada there is a show on the CBC called "This Hour Has 22 minutes" which is basically a half hour sketch comedy/news show. They did a really funny parody of Bob Ross on it last night.  He painted a nice snowy scene in which an elf killed santa and buried him under a snowman.  It was rad
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 02:55:07 AM »
Ha ha, yeah, I think he was on around Thanksgiving as well, and in that painting he had murdered one of his in-laws and buried him/her under a pile of "happy little leaves" in the forest.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 03:01:57 AM »
I should've seen this coming...I mean, no screenshots or details? The game had the opportunity of being featured in all the Wii trailers and demos, but it missed it. Since then, I had the feeling the game was going through development hell, but since they were so insistent on it I thought they would make sure it came out.

Might as well say it, I think the next canceled Wii game will be Sadness from Nibris. Again, no screens or trailers featuring gameplay footage, just empty promises.  
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 05:37:18 AM »
allot of people think indefinitely means forever, it just means that a definite time has not been conceived.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 06:30:24 AM »
Indefinitely means "forever" much of the time in video game delays, though.  See Starcraft Ghost.  I hope the guys working on this game see the potential, but I can see where someon might conclude, "A game about Bob Ross painting?  WTF?"

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 10:29:47 PM »
Good news everyone!

Bob Ross game back on!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 10:32:23 AM »
You know I was thinking about this "game".  I was really excited about it at first but how good could they possible make it?  Remember how Mario Paint was fun for like an hour?
My Wii Code:

Offline MANTI5

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 10:55:30 AM »
Mario Paint's fun lasted longer than an hour, I mean surely it took longer than that to realise you could click on the shooting star. I also remember a big guide for sale that showed you how to compose all kinds of Nintendo/other songs.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 11:39:33 AM »
I have that guide, and I actually animated 2 30 minute cartoons on that game.  How?  Easy you hook your snes to your tv, then run your pc's sound through the tv.  Next you animate your 30 second clip in Mario Paint, click on the widescreen black bars and click record on your vcr.  Add in sound/voice overs and BOOM you got yourself 30 seconds of full animation.  Now rinse and repeat a couple hundred times and you got yourself quite a good thing.

One of the 30 minute animations was a spoof off of Star wars appropriately named  Nintendo Wars, attack of the clones.  The story revolved around mario who had the voice accent of Dexter from Dexters lab who was basically the Darth Vader.  He clones himself and sends them to Endor to destroy Mace Windu.  The death star was a giant version of Toads head.  The spots on his head would slide open and allow ships to fly out to Endor via Mario powerup mushroom like ships.  Before they all left the deathtoad R2D2 saw the cloning and boarded one of the ships to quickly warn Endor.

Back on Endor Luke, who I made into Link, was taking care of his farm when R2D2 shows up and projects the clones to Luke and beeps to him that they need to meet Mace Windu.  So they go off in Impact (from Goemon) (complete with Impact's theme song from the 64 DASH DASH DASH) to meet Windu.  

Meanwhile Windu is with yoda while they discuss about the dark side of the mushroom and how it approaches.  In comes in Link with R2D2 to warn them about the clones.  Yoda realizes that Link posseses the "N factor" that can bring back balance to the force.  So he tells Windu to take Link to a far off planet where Link can train to become a Giant Mech fighter to fight Mario.  After they leave the clones come in and Yoda has to fight them.  Yoda then holds up a heart shaped make up container (aka sailor moon) and goes through a legnthy animation of Yoda transforming into his ultimate form via cutesy music and moving bubbly backgrounds.

Yoda finishes transforming to reveal that his power suit can destroy all (his powersuit looks exactly like Megaman) Yoda then goes into another sailor moon parody and does his super attack via legnthy animation again and cutesy music.  His attack looks like Ryus ultimate Haduken and fries all the clones.  One clone is left and runs back to his ship to warn Mario.  

Theres more but yeah I spent MONTHS on Mario Paint back when I was in Highschool creating animations.  To this day even as an art student I have a hard time with Flash because I am too used to animating in Mario Paint .

I want my Mario PAINT 64 SCREW YOU GUYS WITH YOUR HAPPY TREE CRAP  BOB ROSS IS A SELL OUT TO ART PERIOD ~!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 11:46:30 AM »
The Internet is not complete without this video.  Please upload it.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »
VCR tape + friends and family playing it a billion and one times over and over has rendered this video almost unwatchable. . .  However my school has equipment to capture VCR tapes.  When I go home for break, Ill look around for it, if I find it perhaps I could maybe upload some of it.  I know for sure that the whole movie is no longer feasible to watch but I think the beginning is still in tact. . .

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 03:35:43 AM »
Dude you have to upload that video. And I did like mario paint for more than an hour but i'm really glad I rented it and didn't buy it.  I wonder if they will release it on the VC?
My Wii Code:

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 04:47:03 AM »
Mario Paint was the only thing that I played regularly from the day I got it to the day I bought my N64 (and a little beyond).  Today it has been supplanted by better PC tools, but at the time I was overjoyed to have something I could animate with so easily.

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 05:00:15 AM »
I wonder if a stand-alone Mario Paint game would even be successful these days. I mean, how many of you that spent hours working on animations in the original would do the same today when (as couchmonkey stated) we have much better tools availible for the PC? I don't think Mario Paint would be successful as a $50 or $30 game. It is probably best suited to the Wii Shop Channel (as "Wii Software") or as part of a larger game (e.g., Animal Crossing).
Thanks for listening.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 02:17:08 PM »
Definitely a separate Wii Channel.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.