Author Topic: Wii Launch date info : NJ edition  (Read 4047 times)

Offline ShreddersDojo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wii Launch date info : NJ edition
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:53:29 AM »
OK everyone, question as I'm starting to get a bit confused..

I remember getting pre-orders for previous Nintendo systems at TRU, but the one in Wayne NJ, over at that little mall(Short Hills?) says that it's first come, first served.  Now I'm reading Toys R Us Stores will be having midnight launches, yet the same article says that Pre-Orders have already taken place at Various TRU Stores across the country...

So, 1)Did anyone get a pre-order at the TRU store in Wayne, and am I out of luck?

2)Does anyone know if Said store will be opening at midnight and selling the system then, or will it be at 7 AM like the Gamecube launch was.  Don't want to get in line at 9PM and find out they don't start selling till 7AM the next morning.

Thanks!

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
RE: Wii Launch date info : NJ edition
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:57:22 AM »
Have you tried calling them?

Also, is this the TRU on Rt. 46? I grew up in North Jersey (in Clifton).
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Wii Launch date info : NJ edition
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 04:06:25 AM »

Originally posted by: ShreddersDojo
OK everyone, question as I'm starting to get a bit confused..

I remember getting pre-orders for previous Nintendo systems at TRU, but the one in Wayne NJ, over at that little mall(Short Hills?) says that it's first come, first served.  Now I'm reading Toys R Us Stores will be having midnight launches, yet the same article says that Pre-Orders have already taken place at Various TRU Stores across the country...

So, 1)Did anyone get a pre-order at the TRU store in Wayne, and am I out of luck?

2)Does anyone know if Said store will be opening at midnight and selling the system then, or will it be at 7 AM like the Gamecube launch was.  Don't want to get in line at 9PM and find out they don't start selling till 7AM the next morning.

Thanks!

Well hello fellow New Jersian, Short Hills is far away from Wayne NJ I think your thinking about the really small mall right next to Willowbrook Mall that has the Daffy's, Fortunoff and Barnes and Noble. Anyways I think that while the TRU corporate mandates a pre-order some stores don't really have to participate in a preorder deal I think it factors down to the manager staff of that store and/or the quantity of units comming to the store.

1) Nope Wayne isn't very close to me  and theres a Best Buy 5 minutes away from my house so I might as well go there.

2) Contact that store for details. Since different stores can have different methods of handling the launch.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 04:22:31 AM »
Yeah - isn't the Short Hills Mall farther south, towards central Jersey. Isn't that a more "upscale" mall? If I recall correctly, the last time I was there the anchor stores were Saks 5th Avenue and Bloomingdale's.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline ShreddersDojo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 04:25:37 AM »
Heya,

Your right, Short Hills is near where I work. For the life of me, I just couldn't think of the name of the mall, and I knew it wasn't willowbrook.  It's the one where they used to have a giant Christmas tree at the entrance on the roof of the store, there's a K-Mart there, and the huge empty store next to it is now getting a fitness center installed.

Yep, I called twice, and asked in store once.  Two times I didn't get an answer, the last time I got the 'First Come, First Served' Answer....so I hope that someone here works there and can better fill us in .  The only Best Buy around here is Paramus, and even though it'll be dead quiet during the middle of the night, I absolutely hate driving in Paramus in the Daytime.  waay to much commotion, especially on the routes.  My only other choice is to head down the Shore, and go to the Toys R Us in Toms River near our shore house..Don't know if there are that many gamers down there during the Winter time, so it may be a shorter wait .

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 04:41:53 AM »
Wouldn't the blue laws in Paramus hinder any sort of "Midnight Madness" sales?
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline snotrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 05:18:27 AM »
I'm from jackson and went to Eatontown and 3 toys r us' near that area were all taking preorders that night and people were waiting outside the day before. I was able to preorder mine at coconuts about 4 months ago, and snagged one at a local gamestop on their release day at 11am, without waiting in line

Seems bestbuy and walmart are going to be your best bet, and all the people I have spoken to and know that work there, it's going to be first come first serve. You better take off from work/school for 2 days before if you wanna get it on release from those guys, or just Ebay and save yourself some time.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 05:35:41 AM »
I live in Jersey (Bloomfield) somewhat near you. There is also a Best Buy and another TRU on Route 3 towards the Lincoln Tunnel. I think they're in Hoboken but you can see em both from the highway. I don't really know my stragedy plan yet either.  I'm hoping the Target in Clifton will have plenty, but again, no way of knowing.  
5961 5482 0066 0683

Offline ShreddersDojo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 06:42:02 AM »
Ok, I called again, talked to a very nice lady in I guess the shipping department, and she filled me in on a few things.  They DID have Pre-Orders, and people camped out for two days to get their pre-order in, Saturday and Sunday I beleive she said, wich is really nuts.    

She dosn't know about the Midnight Launch, and hasn't heard anything about it....so my bet is that even though Wayne is a pretty decent sized town, it's not big enough with gamers to warrant a midnight launch.  She also didn't know how many units they will be getting, so if you show up on Sunday night and didn't pre- order, you may be out of luck, but she did say even though the Nintendo folk are prizing themselves on the amount of units going out, they did do a small number of pre-orders....so I don't know if that is a good sign or not.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 06:53:05 AM »
Yo Rhoq holla back!

I live in clifton!
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 07:11:31 AM »

Originally posted by: MaryJane
Yo Rhoq holla back!

I live in clifton!

I haven't lived in Clifton since I was a kid going to School #9. I lived on Bloomfield Ave (606 was the house number). I moved down to East Brunswick after I finished the 5th grade. I did move back up north and stayed with family, albeit very briefly, during 11th grade with a little time spent at Clifton H.S., before going to Wayne Hills H.S. for a few months. I then moved to Prospect Park and finished 11th grade at Manchester Regional H.S.

After that I moved down to Philly and have been living here ever since 1992.  
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline ShreddersDojo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 12:36:53 PM »
OK, I checked with the K-Mart, and made sure to remember the name of the mall, 'Wayne Hills'.  .

Talked with a nice lady at the Electronics section, but I beleive she didn't really keep up with the Game stuff and was just a standard checkout lady.  She didn't think they did the pre-orders and it was first come, first served, but she did have alot of people asking her about it... So if anyone gets the right employee there, let us know some more concrete stuff.

K-Mart is definetly a nicer looking store, at least, since Sears took over .

Offline ShreddersDojo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 05:52:00 AM »
I called my last choice, TRU in Toms River across from the Ocean County Mall.

The guy there also wasn't sure on the details, but he did say they did about 40 pre-orders, and the Nintendo folk made it pretty clear that if you want to get it on launch day, without waiting in line, there's a pretty good chance you will be able to do so.  If not in the first wave, then definetly by Christmas.

He also wasn't sure is the Toms River one was doing a midnight launch, but they did with the XBox 360, so I guess they find these things out at the last minute.  

So, what do you think would be the best bet here?  Toms River, with a TRU and Kaybee, plus one other video game store in the mall across the street, or TRU Wayne with a K-Mart, and a possible FYE Sale across the street?

Offline White Mage

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 06:52:37 AM »
Hello everyone, I've been reading for what seems like forever, but never had any reason to post because everyone else seemed to argue all the good points before I could think of them on pretty much every topic on these boards.  So, basically, you guys are great and balanced.

But, on to the more pressing issue.  I was curious as to if anyone knows of a 24 hour wal*mart around where I am in NJ, which is right near the Short Hills Mall as was talked about earlier.  I've been calling around by most of them are 7am - 11pm which really doesn't help any when trying to pick up a Wii.  Because I'm basically going crazy for it, I wanted it right at midnight and didn't want to be paranoid for an extra 7-8 hours after that to try and get one.

So, does anyone know of the closest 24 hour wallyworld?
Wii Code:  5059 7465 0039 6632
The Conduit: 1419 7264 9585
AC: City Folk 0388 2629 6780 | Name: Matthew | Town: Adatopia

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 09:00:39 AM »
Hey ShreddersDojo, I'm from Toms River.

The OC Mall has KB, EB Games, and Gamestop, so that's three additional stores.

Plus Target (1/2 mi. from the mall), K-Mart, and Wal-Mart.

And then Brick has another Target, plus Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, and Costco.

I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get one Sunday morning, with a dozen choices, all within a 15-minute driving distance.  But I'm asking my dad to check out the stores in the early morning when he stops by his office in case there are any long lines anywhere, then I'll know where not to go.  
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline ShreddersDojo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 09:42:58 AM »
I didn't know there was a real Wally World .  I always thought it was a National Lampoons Vacation invention, just like the Circle K was a Bill and Tedd invention .

The game plan is still up in the air.  I may be in Toms River, or I may  be up here in Wayne.  Anyone know if lines are forming yet at either?