Author Topic: EA Quality Assurance at Work...  (Read 4361 times)

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
EA Quality Assurance at Work...
« on: October 05, 2006, 12:17:25 PM »
http://www.nbalive.org/letter.htm

Here is a little link about the oh so great quality of nba live 07, at the bottom of the link there are some youtube videos of some hilarious bugs that have surfaced in the final game.  Thank God the NBA didn't sellout to EA like the NFL did.

Now if only NBA 2k7 came out on a PC or on the Wii...chances of either are about 1 in million though.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
RE:EA Quality Assurance at Work...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 12:34:56 PM »
I thought it would be bad, but that's just pathetic. More evidence EA is the evil all-devouring money-eating monopolistic empire we know and hate.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: EA Quality Assurance at Work...
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 12:55:48 PM »
Geez, and that's not even getting into all the moronic decisions the AI makes in the game, or the fact that in over a decade of games they still can't mimic the CBA properly for the franchise mode.

Now that the 2K series has stopped trotting out ports of the old Dreamcast version, Live really has no redeeming functions whatsoever. EA better either fix what's wrong, or pull a Madden and give the NBA a big bucket full of money to outlaw all competition.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 01:08:03 PM »
Some of those bug videos are hilarious.

Reading the letter it seems the site is full of hardcore EA fans.  Most of us anti-EA types just don't like EA's style of game design, even when it's executed correctly.  Real fans sh!tting on their product shows that EA has really started to slip

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:38:50 PM »
Wow that's terrible. If I was really into EA games I would be pissed if I dropped $50 on that POS. I mean how many times has an NBA game been made, is it really that hard not to mess it up? I wonder why the government hasn't stopped some of the recent EA mergers that have happened. At what point is someone going to realize how damn big EA has gotten? Their fat ass is sprawled across the whole damn gaming industry.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 02:10:52 PM »
Oh wow.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 02:27:52 PM »

Now if only NBA 2k7 came out on a PC or on the Wii...chances of either are about 1 in million though
Didn't 2K games start supporting the GameCube again recently? I just want a hockey game on the Wii - that new analogue thing EA did with the 360 version is cool, but imagine that with the controller..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Hocotate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 02:40:32 PM »
lolEA. Madden for Wii looks like it could be fun, but it's EA so we already know it sucks.
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 02:45:45 PM »
Ahahaha, the Jason Kid one is pure hilarity...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 06:03:35 PM »
Actually you have to pay 60$ for Live 07 on Xbox 360, so there!  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 06:15:35 PM »
The Jason Kidd glitch is not a new glitch, its present in the last version too.  

Since Madden is the only NFL game out there I'm really in a tight squeeze.  I haven't played an NFL game since NFL 2k5 on xbox, and the last madden game i've played was 2002 on GCN.

I haven't really played any new sports games but i kinda want to so I'm gonna take a wait and see for Madden on Wii.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »
That's just it, these aren't new bugs. Go back and play Celtics versus Lakers for the Genesis, one of the first games EA made, and you see the exact same "magnetic hands" bug. The dunking bug has been present since they switched to 3D models. These are trivial things in the grand scheme of things, and compared to the major AI bugs like never using your bench, inappropriately calling timeouts, mismanaging the shot clock, and the franchise mode that always ends every free agent signing period with half a dozen NBA allstars going totally unsigned, those little glitches probably shouldn't be top priority to fix.

I think people would be more willing to ignore the niggling little issues like that if the big ones were being addressed, but it's just not the case. They keep adding new, often ill-conceived aspects to the game, but they never address the very real flaws that already exist. I think they need to make a hard choice with Live as to where they want it to go.

Either it's a simulatoin, in which case those franchise mode things have to be fixed, the AI has to be spot on. They must get the CBA right, and frankly the franchise mode needs more depth. Or it's an arcade game, and those graphics bugs need to be fixed. In an ideal world they'd put enough developers on it to handle both tasks, but I think everyone's had enough of them resting on their imaginary laurels.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 12:02:46 AM »
Can this also be the thread where we laugh at all the suckers who paid $10 more for Madden for 360 only to find out that it has LESS content then the current-gen versions and if they want to recoup that content, they have to pay even MORE money? Because I find that very LOL-able.  

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 01:29:31 AM »
Hey now Madden 2007 was very much worth the money for Xbox 360, it felt like a "next-generation" game with gameplay that diffentiated it from the previous generation along with most of the modes.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 05:46:33 AM »
I like that they finally decided to charge less for the Gamecube version since it doesn't have online. Makes that version a really good deal because frankly, online sports titles usually suck.  

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 04:34:11 PM »
i'll agree, online in sports games sounded so good back in the day but it really isn't that great.  As for the Madden on 360 deal, well the first EA games on 360 were horribly cut short compared to the current gen games and for the ppl that bought the 2nd ones well that is there fault for not researching it first.

ppl need to start realizing EA is completely evil, look at what they did to DICE:  http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=11153

EA first took about 60% of shares back in January 2005, and now they've taken them completly out and closed their offices and are "interviewing" employees for jobs at other EA studios.  I don't know about u guys but that reminds me of Office Space where they are interviewing for their own jobs, very scary.

Any game developer out there should outright quit and look for a new job as soon as EA starts buying up stocks of their company.  The Rare guys all ditched when things with Nintendo started going south and Microsoft started getting in the picture.  Those guys were smart to do so.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 05:59:07 PM »
NFS: Carbon sucks too...at least the demo does. Same game...same rainy night time course as usual.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shin Gallon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 09:11:35 AM »
This is why I'm eternally grateful I don't have the slightest interest in sports, or sports games. Because if my choices were EA or nothing, I'd be playing nothing anyway.
"Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime."

http://shingallon.com

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 02:42:54 PM »
Lucky.  As a child I loved sports until 2 things happend 1) Realized I couldn't do it professionally 2) I got an SNES. (later learned i could do gaming as a profession)

My gaming tastes usually are 30% RPG, 20% Adventure, 20% Action, 5% Fighting, 5% Racing, 10% Sports, 10% Music games.  Past Gen's I've only purchased 1 sports game for NFL and 1 for NBA.  For me my options are going to be extremely limited unless i break down and get a 360, which i will not do untill there are atleast 5 games I'd buy.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 07:17:02 AM »
This is why I'm eternally grateful I don't have the slightest interest in sports, or sports games. Because if my choices were EA or nothing, I'd be playing nothing anyway.

Do you play ANY game that wasn't made in Japan?