Author Topic: Official Leipzig Predictions/Hype Thread  (Read 28677 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Official Leipzig Predictions/Hype Thread
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2006, 02:20:44 AM »
O get over it.  You must be dissapointed too.  You don't title something "Wii Prove our Promise" and then pretty much prove nothing on the only Promise they have outstanding on a Console release year.

Be there when a new chapter is turned in the history of gaming. Dive into the world of Wii and make yourself a picture of the animated future of gaming.

On the invite.  How can you not expect something bigger then normal?
There was nothing that was of that proportion in this announcement.  The fact of the matter is that they could have just shown someone going through the motions to buy a VC game and they would have filled the bill for me.  Which wouldn't have been much but we are all so hyped that we would herald it the second coming.  Then they do this.  You almost have to sit down with the goal of releasing just enough information to stop people from really marking this event in the books.  Anything anything at all really doing something with the non-game release side of the Wii was all they had to do.  They could have just shown the face creator for WiiSports and I be happy.  I'm not hard to please.
Yes I would like a price and Launch date.  I really was only half expecting it.  What I was expecting from the Invite was something that was not a game release.  They could have shown the Finished version of the new Zapper.  That would have worked too.  Notice none of this stuff is complicated or hard and probably would have just been grabbing something.  Shoot I'll make it even easier; the VC demo could have even been a trailer.

Edit: Grammar.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2006, 02:35:51 AM »
He's joking. Don't worry Ceric, I got it.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2006, 02:41:19 AM »
Haha, now we have people not buying a Wii cause Nintendo didn't announce enough in Germany?  Classic.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Official Leipzig Predictions/Hype Thread
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2006, 02:55:06 AM »
Hey, I'm not skipping Wii because of one show, but I have to totally agree with Ceric (well except for the part about being like Sony, that made no sense at all).  Seriously, I got up early for this?

Wii prove our promise?  From what I see here, Nintendo proved nothing with this show.  There's no information on any of the questions about online or launch that people actually want answered.  There isn't even any new information on Nintendo's previously-announced games.  Instead we get two sequels to games that were released just last year.  Make no mistake, I'm sure they're great games, but it's hard for me to care about sequels to games I haven't even played yet.

I'm not some naive lunatic that's going to run through the streets proclaiming, "Nintendo is dead, don't buy a Wii!" just because I didn't get information.  I'm used to Nintendo keeping info hidden, and this doesn't change my mind about anything.  But with less than three months left, I hoped Nintendo would "prove it's promise" with some concrete answers to all the questions it has left open, especially launch questions.

I can't wait for Wii, but Nintendo proved nothing here.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Hocotate

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2006, 02:58:13 AM »
I wasn't expecting much... 2 new games announced is good enough for me... I mean it's not like this was TGS or anything.

Edit -- I don't blame Nintendo for holding back this time... TGS is RIGHT around the corner, and I think it would be best to hold off for just a little longer and make a big slash at TGS.
Currently Playing: Twilight Princess(Wii), Castlevania: PoR(DS), Mario vs. Donkey Kong2(DS), Wii sports(Wii)
Anticipating: Mario Galaxy(Wii), Blue Dragon(360), Dragon Quest:Swords(Wii), Dragon Quest IX (DS)

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2006, 03:10:45 AM »
Erm...this may sound like a stupid question...but is this really Nintendo's only chance to reveal something new?  

How long is this conference, anyways?
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2006, 03:16:19 AM »
Well, I believe this was Nintendo's only keynote speech.  I would be very surprised if it announces anything bigger than these two games.  I'd guess TGS or this mysterious NOA game day with Reggie will be Nintendo's next chance.  Or it'll just announce details out of thin air sometime.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2006, 03:35:47 AM »
"Wii Prove Our Promise" was Nintendo telling the German press why Wii will be a success.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2006, 03:35:50 AM »
The only thing left is a supposed press confernce with EA that Nintendo is participating in.  I think it's going on right now in fact.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2006, 04:00:38 AM »
The only thing I want to see for the EA event is someone playing Madden Wii on Stage.  Thats it.  Anything else is gravy.

Actually I said I stopped saving for a Wii.  Not that I won't by one.  I still have to replace my Cube.  Though I won't be getting one till I happen to have enough money to get it laying around.  It's not so much that they didn't announce information.  Thats Nintendo.  Its how they jerked us around when doing it.  There announcement clearly states that this is an event that should be remembered.  As I said in me earlier post that would have not been a hard thing to do. But they didn't.  Instead we got 2 sequels.  Not even a new IP.

The both sound like Wiimakes to me.  Battalion Wars 2 sound like it's going to be what Battalion Wars was suppose to be and the new Strikerz Well I have to hold an opinion until I get some hands on with the original.  The game didn't even have to be a New IP from Nintendo.  

With all the launch games announcing two more games does not live to the expectations that Nintendo gave with the invitation.

Also does anybody now where a Video of the Screen for Battalion Wars 2 are?  
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2006, 04:36:18 AM »
Glad I didn't stay up. But what do you expect from a conference run by Nintendo of Europe?

That online Strikers and BW info is GREAT though. Online tournaments!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2006, 04:57:17 AM »
It's so good to hear that Americans are finally caring passionately about stuff that happens half a globe away from them.

Seriously guys, this is Nintendo Europe. We should've known better than to expect anything spectacular. Somebody clone reggie and ship him over there pronto!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2006, 05:07:44 AM »
Nintendo is Nintendo.  I expect the same from all branches.  That being said I've always thought the Europe Arm was on its game with Hardware and promotions and just off its game with Software.  Giving it the worst arm title.  USA on the other had Good on software bad everywhere else, and we have Reggie.  Japan good everywhere, base arm what do you expect?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2006, 05:09:45 AM »
I am quite happy with what Nintendo showed, except for not releasing any price point or release information.

The games Nintendo showcased proved that Nintendo is different, and giving all their franchises equal treatment.  BWii is a fantastic surprise, and I am thrilled that Nintendo didn't take its poor sales to heart and is giving it a early launch on a soon to be successful system to rack up sales.

I am thrilled Nintendo chose Strikers instead of Mario Golf or Tennis to be the first Mario Sports game out...and that is breaking tradition there.

I am trilled Nintendo already has 3 online games planned and announced, with what you know will be much more in the future.  Nintendo really is keeping their promises with the Wii.  

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2006, 05:11:21 AM »
"base arm???"

Anyways, it was the internets and our own inherent fanboyism that altered the reality of this event. We should all be in a psychology study. It'd make a good write-up.

Can you say "Megaton?"

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline couchmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2006, 05:17:35 AM »
I have considered that this was meant for Europe more than the rest of the world, but in the age of Internets, every major event is a global one.  Anyone who really cares about Wii and has an Internet connection has already seen or read about Nintendo's E3 showing.  This is why Nintendo stopped having Spaceworld: E3 was all that was needed to announce new games, the Internet and other media did the work of disseminating that information across the globe.  Nintendo knows this, or it wouldn't have revealed anything new at all (which would have been a lot worse...phew!)  I think Nintendo should have taken it a little more seriously.  But it was left up largely to NOE, I guess, and that's too bad.

Anyway, one last time: I love Wii, I just thought this conference was a letdown.  I've retreated back to my usual stance of expecting nothing from Nintendo so I'll be pleasantly surprised next time instead of disappointed.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2006, 05:24:07 AM »
Anyone else concerned with the long load time seen in the Super Mario Strikers Charged video over at IGN?
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2006, 06:32:21 AM »

Originally posted by: Rhoq
Anyone else concerned with the long load time seen in the Super Mario Strikers Charged video over at IGN?

Considering it looked like an extremely early beta, no.

Also, they're making Strikers because golf and baseball are both in WiiSports.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2006, 06:38:12 AM »
Yeah to actually get the IGN video it takes forever to load.  It's sort of funny you can hear the excited native speaker in the back and the english translator is very unexcited.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2006, 07:37:40 AM »

On the invite. How can you not expect something bigger then normal?

PR. Get used to it.

And I'd wait until the show is over before belly-aching even though most people shouldn't have expected anything super special anyway. No one saw Smash Brawl coming after like the end of the first day of E3. I won't hold my breath, but you never know though.  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2006, 07:50:59 AM »
I think this was a pretty great conference:

1) They begin by using the DS as an example, talking numbers, vision, and realized potential of the DS hardware and software in Europe.  
2) They show 2 new Wii games.  One that specifically will be big in Europe (Strikers) and another which is a sequel to a brand new Nintendo franchise (I know BW is sorta Advanced Wars, but it also isn't.)
3) Nintendo showed 2 more games that will have Online features showing us that finally Nintendo will have online gaming before Brawl is released.  Many more online games are probably in the works.
4) Nintendo announced important 3rd party support from the big players like: Capcom, Konami and more.  

This press conference was short, but it was full of potential, you are just being hard on an event that we built up in our own minds.

Finally, the only thing I was disappointed in was Nintendo not sharing release dates or prices, but I realized that prices would have been wierd to announce at this event.

Offline Neodymium

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2006, 07:54:08 AM »
Yeah. That conference.. meh.

Nintendo will keep torturing us forever. I just want a release date. Is that so hard? You already have like a million or more Wiis made. You're just asking to get your warehouses ransacked.

Well guys, it's gotta be TGS. It's got to be.
The Mighty Pirate formerely known as PS2stinks..

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2006, 08:00:41 AM »
Ummm, What happened to the EA conference?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2006, 08:03:10 AM »
I am really happy I didn't stay up late for that.  I mean there was some new info which is good but it isn't what I want to know.

I want Nintendo to annouce the damn release date just because without one it's hard to believe that things are actually going to be ready on time.  Now obviously how ready Nintendo truly is doesn't have anything to do with when they choose to annouce a date but I just want to know so I can relax.  It's easier to get excited about a console when you know if you can afford it or not and you know what games are available at launch.  Yeah we've seen games but for all we know the actual launch will suck.  Some concrete information about the launch can clear that up.

Plus this secrecy bullsh!t just pisses me off.  No one is going to steal the f*cking launch date.  This company reveals the f*cking controller early and Sony copies it but trivial information?  That's got to kept under wraps.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2006, 08:14:33 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
I am really happy I didn't stay up late for that.  I mean there was some new info which is good but it isn't what I want to know.

I want Nintendo to annouce the damn release date just because without one it's hard to believe that things are actually going to be ready on time.  Now obviously how ready Nintendo truly is doesn't have anything to do with when they choose to annouce a date but I just want to know so I can relax.  It's easier to get excited about a console when you know if you can afford it or not and you know what games are available at launch.  Yeah we've seen games but for all we know the actual launch will suck.  Some concrete information about the launch can clear that up.

Plus this secrecy bullsh!t just pisses me off.  No one is going to steal the f*cking launch date.  This company reveals the f*cking controller early and Sony copies it but trivial information?  That's got to kept under wraps.

why should you care ian? you're not getting it at launch anyway, you're going to wiat until theres a price drop and you can get a cheap bundle package, arent you?

oh well, atleast we know nintendo has started production. sony already confirmed that they havent started and they do have a finalized launch date. i'd say nintendo's boat is in safer waters right now

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.