Author Topic: have you ever been so bored with AC  (Read 4934 times)

Offline thesos21

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
have you ever been so bored with AC
« on: March 03, 2003, 06:18:43 PM »
I you ever been so bored with animal crossing that you decided to read a long, long book.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 01:39:19 AM »
yeah, but then my sister and older brother started playing (thus making a total of four humans) and the game got a lot more interesting.
I'll shut up now...

Offline Stewpot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 04:42:08 AM »
I can say that I have never been bored with this game and I have played the heck out of it.  There is almost always something new to do or at least, I enjoy doing all the collecting.  I am sure there will come a point and time when I will get bored; however, even though I have been playing since October, I have yet to reach that point.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Offline Okiva77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 04:51:13 AM »
I've been playing since September 2002, and yes there have been times when i'd get a little bored by Animal Crossing. But I think thats the beauty of the game. Whenever i check back there's always something to do. I am concerned though that when i reach my 1st year anniversary, will things really become redundant? I travel whenever i want to shake things up.
Wouldnt it be so cool if when the sequel comes out, we could somehow transfer our present town and character to the next game and let it evolve from there? DOPE!
Sigh, AC 2 better firetruckin' rock my world.
AC info
Town:Zanzibar
Character:Johnny

"i'm walking through the desert, and i am not frightened
although it's hot.
i have all that i requested, and
i do not want what i haven't got."

(god bless you, sinead)

Offline cyrus420

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 09:45:51 AM »
that game got boring fast, for me. i just don't care for collecting. if there was better interaction with the people, then it'd be ok.

but the game's great to help kill time waiting for zelda.
HTML code is not permitted. Special symbols permit some HTML functionality.

Offline David G

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2003, 10:16:40 AM »
It's gotten boring for me a couple times, but then i just play metroid or something else.  When I'm done there's something new in AC.

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2003, 11:04:43 AM »
I must say, I have yet to be bored with this game.  I can see how it might get tedious at times, but I just haven't experienced that yet.  Perhaps this is becuase my sister also has a character, thus creating slightly different scenarios.

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2003, 11:14:30 AM »
Still haven't paid off my debt.

-- ShockingAlberto
Press X to run.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2003, 11:53:55 AM »
i havent paid off my debt either, and i have had it since september. the thing is, i have so many other games that i dont play this game as much as it deserves. i have not gotten bored with this game, and cant imagine a game with more replay value.....but i suppose if u pay off everything, it will become a little redundent. even after that though, u still have to catch  the fish, bugs, get all the art and fossils, get a prefect score for ur house, and collect all the items possible........i hope to one day achieve that.....but it will take a few years.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline NickNiteQ93

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2003, 02:05:06 PM »
I had fun with it, but I decided not to buy it.  Keeping up with my life is hard enough, plus I don't have enough time to play games anymore.  But yeah it was fun.  I went fishing every day, and had 10 exotic fruit trees near my house, so money was no problem.
 the biggest perk for me was seeing how big Tom Nook's shop would get.
I think, therefore I wish.  I wish, therefore I'll never get.          

Life is long and hard, so rock out with your cock out.

Nobody is perfect. I am Nobody. Therefore I am perfect.

Offline NIN10D0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 02:27:59 PM »
I have a question.
I got 2 memory cards on my cube and when I get on the train to travel to another town, I get back to the start of the game(red Nintendo logo appears) and the game starts with me getting off at MY town station??
I thought I would go to a different town when I get on the train, or am I missing something??
Do I have to build a whole new town on my 2nd memory card?

BTW I really like this game, I enjoyed playing it when I rented it a month ago. I held off buying it since I knew it would take a lot of my time and I was kinda waiting for AC2, but I just had to buy it last night...(those damn cute animals wouldn't get off my head!) Too bad I erased my old town, because I liked all my animals. In my new town I just built last night, I don't like most of my animals, although they are starting to grow on me... on the upside, I have sweet looking big orange trees(did I say I LOVE oranges?) instead of small cherry trees.

I look forward to AC2, I hope it will be even better than AC, not only more animals and items but also new features that will surprise us.

Offline cmoney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2003, 03:29:55 PM »
Yea, you have to build a town on both cards. o_O

*he shoots he scores*

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2003, 03:44:37 PM »
I played it almost every day since September until I got my loan paid off in January, so now I've been skipping a day or two between visits. It does get a little tedious, but that's why I play other video games too. Currently, I'm just trying to get a handle on fishing.

Offline WhoDey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2003, 04:01:19 PM »
I've had the game since it launched in Sept and have gotten bored with it once. I went about a week without playing it in Jan. But then I started reading about snowmen and igloos and began playing again. I'm still playing today and outside of that one week have never missed two days in a row. I put a solid hour to an hour and a half into every day. Actually, I don't think I'm going to quit playing until next Sept after I've seen all the holidays. That's incredible because I rarely play a game more than a month.

All of my other games have suffered though....I beat Mario but never got all the shines because AC took too much of my time, it took me 2 months to get through Metroid because of AC, and I'm only a third of the way through Resident Evil 0 and haven't played for weeks due to AC. Surely AC won't keep me away from Zelda will it?