Author Topic: Videogame Vending Machine  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Videogame Vending Machine
« on: August 10, 2006, 06:31:29 AM »
I've sort of been toying with the idea for a while but  haven't seriously done the legwork for it.

The idea is simple.  Offer G and E rated videogames at high traffic locations.  In my case ideally a school or university dorm area.  This would expand out to me getting a store that will offer the T and M games as well.  I would really like to then take over an old Mall thats been pretty much abandonned and turn it into a game player dream.  It would have indoor greenier and I having vending machines setup through out with Demo units.  There be places to play table top and cards games.  An arena for tournaments.  Just a nice environment.  But thats in the distant future.

So what do you think.  Would you buy a videogame from a vending machine?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Videogame Vending Machine
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 07:00:58 AM »
Buy?  Maybe... but keep in mind I only buy video games
A) If it's something I really want.
B) If I get a good deal on it (Like CheapAssGamer deal).

Check this out though, it may be something worth looking into: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12484555/?GT1=7938
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 07:50:07 AM »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 08:55:35 AM »
If you set up the machine to accept credit cards you can even offer T and M games.  (Even if the card is only for age verification purposes.)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 09:25:02 AM »
Yeah.  Actually the machine I linked only takes Credit cards and can hold 300 to 550 titles.  It's not as good as McDonalds...

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 09:27:58 AM »
Hmm, I think I can fit a VG machine in the the truck bed pretty easily.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 05:08:32 PM »
lets see...I get pissed off when some potato chips get stuck in a regular vending machine, imagine how pissed someone would be if the machine ate 50$, and didnt spit out the game (or the wrong game).  You had better hope these machines work FLAWLESSLY or your "gamers dream" might become a victim of arsen!
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 10:01:35 AM »
As long as the machine has already paid for itself.  (Where do you live again Zach?  I'll make sure that ones got insurance. )

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 10:13:18 AM »
There's plenty of machines taking large amounts of cash without a hickup. I think it would work well enough although you'd have to secure them against break-ins.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:Videogame Vending Machine
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 02:41:50 PM »
They would have to give receipts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 07:10:53 AM »
Yeah the DVMatic, linked above, that I looked into you would setup an account of sort and it would send you an e-Mail.  So if you actually bought a game and not rented it,  it would be like on online purchase with no shipping fee and instant delivery.