Author Topic: So Why is Mario in Space?  (Read 9634 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
So Why is Mario in Space?
« on: July 22, 2006, 12:51:32 PM »
News has been slow this month so I purpose a little contest of sorts.   I have no prizes at the moment but maybe I can russle something up later.
The question is "Why is Mario in Space to begin with?"
This "contest" will go on until we know for a fact the reason.

The Rules:
1)  Anything overly broad will not be accepted. (Ex.  To save the princess.  (Save her from what? Bad hair caused by the gravitational pull of celestial bodies.))
2) Keep it clean.

That's about it.  I reserve the right to add more if I feel the need.
If there are duplicates the first to have put it "wins"

Winning:
Two ways to win.  
1) By being the most creative.
2) By being the most accurate. (Closest to the actual story)

Judges:
As of now me. (Taking Volunteers)
Maybe by a vote if you guys want to do that.

(I just realized that I precluded myself from playing by being a judge so I can't share my ideas.  I might anyway if people want (or I can get a different judge))

Discussion is greatly encouraged.  If I am not compliant with any of the regulations feel free to tell me and this will just be a discussion.  I'm just trying to spur creative and analytical thinking.  Everyone have fun!
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mr Bloober

• View Profile
RE:So Why is Mario in Space?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 01:58:36 PM »
I...I'm pretty sure she's in space because she got kidnapped by aliens. That's...the offical plot, as of now. I guess I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. Alternate plot lines? Or what?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE: So Why is Mario in Space?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 02:05:56 PM »
Ok, Bowser steals all the power stars from the castle (again) with the help of some aliens. The aliens double cross him and flee off in to space. Mario then folows suit.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 02:16:46 PM »
An uneasy truce between Princess Peach of the  Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser Koopa of the Koopa Kingdom has led to a cold war. A Space race has broken out and the first Kingdom to the moon wins!

Bowser: We will bury you!
Mario: Mr. Koopa, tear down that wall!

Offline Grant10k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »
It is a dark and evil future, filled with violence and partial nudity. The princess was taken away by the Mushroom rebels. Tired of Peach's tyranny, the rebels rise up against their oppressor, to put an end to her once and for all. Mario has exactly 7 days to save Peach's life, 7 days before the overly complex evil-villain style killmotron activates. But Mario has exactly three problems...however only the 2nd one is of any importance: He has shrunk down in size and has been catapulted into a dark, thick soup. NO! it turns out he was not in space at all! It's really a thick soup, with small white chunks of cheese as stars, and meatballs the size of planets. Mario has to fight his way through the hoards of evil beings, littering the tasty wasteland. Just beyond the horizon, lies Mario's greatest challenge ever, a gigantic MechaBowser for some reason or another.

Grant FTW!
 Without data, you're just another schmuck with an opinion.
     -Chris Anderson, TEC speaker

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 04:38:14 PM »
Too much Bob-omb in the Bob-omb cannon?
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 05:10:23 PM »
I'm talkin' bout the United States of Space n***a! Sorry.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 05:19:07 PM »
bowser has been developing something to allow him to go into space for years, knowing this is the only place where mario cannot get him. So, he kidnaps the princess and the power of the stars. Mario figures this out, but knows he can do nothing. But, the powers of the stars ( paper mario) help him with his journey. So, he goes from planet to planet, trying to find peach, and facing bowsers traps and machines he devleoped on his way.
We will rise from the litter boxes, and send humans into the doghouses.          BEWARE!!!!! ....                                    Muah ha ha!!!!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 05:46:27 PM »
So Mario, Like Batman, can breath in space?

(I'm not at home so check back tomorrow and I'll have a link to the comic that that reference is from.)

lol
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 06:43:16 PM »
The Phazon Twilight is spreading.  Samus is attempting to control it in her part of the galaxy in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, but even she isn't fast enough to stop its spread.  Some of it leaks out into Hyrule, creating dark creatures and a dark realm - which is left for Link to deal with in The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Seeing as how Mario is the center of the Nintendo universe (I don't mean literally, but I guess I could be now that I think about it), it's up to Mario to take on the source of the Phazon Twilight.

And that's why he's in space.

Because, it's, um...part of an ongoing story arc that ties all of the Nintendo continuities together.  Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be the climax, when all of the characters meet up at Final Destination to defeat the Phazon Twilight (perhaps it's what the Dream Land residents refer to as Dark Matter).

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 06:56:24 PM »
He's there because he is Captain Olimar.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 07:08:47 PM »
It involves Fawful - his fury renewed!

Shroobs could be part of the plot.

Both of these are far fetched...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 07:25:05 PM »
Simplest answer ever: he took the wrong pipe.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 08:42:38 PM »
Ok, I've got another one. Mario and friends are at the librarie. Princess Peach picks up a copy of Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince) and begins reading to the group. Bowser had just gotten back from the castle after realizing that no one was there. He watches through the window and comes up with a plan to harness the evil Baobob and take over the Mushroom Kingdom once and for all. So, he takes Peach and the book (because he's secretly illiterate), and Mario chases after them.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 09:14:09 PM »
The Mushroom kingdom finally got its space program off the ground.

Why do you think Mario was collecting all those coins and yet still dressed like a plumber? Cause he's independently funding the first mission himself.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Kraven

• One of the goofier Spider-Man villains
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 09:17:34 PM »
"Why is Mario in space?"

"Because you touch yourself at night."

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 10:06:12 PM »
The Mushroom Kingdom Space program is finally sending Mario out on the first manned space mission since Super Mario Land 2.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 03:02:21 AM »
Because it makes for an interesting game dynamic.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 07:40:21 AM »
I know which category your going for KDR.  Ok.  I don't think anyone will say this one.

It's hard being a princess.  It's even harder when your the only females of your species.  Daisy and Peach were relaxing at there monthly "diplomatic" meeting.  Whats more soothing then sharing a hot spring?  This had been known to the male populations of the respective kingdoms for quiet sometime.  Mario, being the respected member of the community, had organized everyone into shifts as to not awake suspicions.  This time something went wrong.  Luigi was taking his turn when all of sudden a bunny with stars on his ears fell from the sky into his back launching him into the area that the girls were in.  Flames developed in there eyes and there rage was unquencheable.  Next thing you know poor Luigi was sent blasting off into the night sky by Princess Daisy and her trusty tennis racket.  Peach knowing that the man behind this must be Mario soon found our unsuspecting plumber and before a word could be said had launched him into space with her frying pan.  Once the Princess had been calmed down and the Star Bunny recovered they learned of a massive plot to take over the galaxy and destroy things that could not dance.  Star Bunnies, unlike their Rabbid counter parts, can't dance.  So quick to capitalize on this developement the Princesses released a press release stating that they had sent Mario and Luigi to stifle the invasion.  Soon they got together a group of the more useless parts of the population and sent them out to explore space.  Officially to help Mario and Luigi, unofficially to make sure they stayed in space for at least 5 years and boldy go where no man has gone before.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 09:33:14 AM »
That wouldn't be my take, I'm no fan of strong forces leaving the subject undamaged. I.e. if it can catapult Luigi to the stars he'll most likely be ripped to bits by it. Also I'd give Luigi the main role because who likes Mario?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2006, 09:52:59 AM »
Part of cartoon physics.  Bashing damage that causes or requires significant movement is never really effective.  So in actuality Daisy would have done more damage to Luigi if she would have burrated him with punches.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 04:51:26 PM »
Obviously Mario is in outer space because he's eaten the wrong mushrooms.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Garnee

• Zig.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 06:15:35 PM »
Why is Mario in space?  

Why not?

Alternatively:  He hopped on a space plane with snakes on it.
Yeah, I do play mafia games.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »
Soon a corruption had started to flood the lands of the Mushroom Kingdoms.  Murders have started to come about and the population was at unrest.  So it came to past that a vote would come to the kingdom.  This vote would remove 1 bad citizen each night.  The bad thing is no one knew who these bad citizens where and they were organized.

Execution was not in the way of the regular mushroom folks.  Not even Bowser was up to the task.  So it was decided that the voted off would be made to go down the Unknown pipe.  This pipe had been sealed on the famous plumbers recommendation.  It had caused a furious draft that none could explain.  Those who ventured near where rarely seen from again.

Time went on and the citizens widdled down those they thought responsible but the crime was not lessening.  At that point the trusted elders assembled to combine there abilities and reasoning prowless.  They came to soon realize that when Mario arrived, after his misadventures trying to save Pauline, that trouble had followed.  Mario always ended up as a hero but at what cost?  More to the point they had concluded that Mario had in fact killed more things in the kingdom then what was ever done by Bowser.  They all knew how to vote.

The campaign happened.  The vote took place.  Mario was soon taken in his sleep and put into custody.  When he awoke he had been sentenced to the unknown pipe like those voted out before him.

The seal was broken on the pipe.  Mario was hurled through.  The pipe was closed.  Mario didn't know what was out there but soon he would.  It was space.  At first Mario panicked because all his encounters with space he had had a helmet.  Now he found out, like Sonic, he could breath in space.

Mario is wandering getting help from the Fallen Kingdom, a group of the voted off developing a new life in their new home.  New Challenges and enemies await as Mario tries to find his way back home to the Mushroom Kingdom to rectify the wrong that was done to him.

Come see Mario in "Mario, Lost in Space!"

(FLUDD:  Wait I'm not evil. *hurl*)
Coming Soon to Console Near You!

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 09:44:56 PM »
How about.....

After disappearing for several years Bowser shows up in the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario and Luigi rush to go and fight him. During the fight Bowser is almost beaten and runs off to where his castle was. Mario and Luigi chase him, all the sudden Bowser hits a remote and a big gigantic pipe pops up out of the ground knocking Mario and Luigi out.

Mario wakes up in time to see Bowser kidnapping Luigi and jumping into the pipe, the pipe is now slowly going back into the ground. Mario, in a panic to save his brother, jumps into the pipe and ends up in outer space. Once there he realizes why Bowser hasn't been up to his normal tricks, he's built up his forces and castles on other planets with the intent of a full force invasion on the Mushroom Planet!!

It is up to Mario to save his brother and the planet!!!

On a side note, once you finish the game you get to replay it as Luigi saving Mario!